shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you keep your courage or faith in a trying time?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it's a combo of age and experience, but I've learned that life is a circle spinning with good times and amazing times and hard times and trying times -- all of these times are definitely without a doubt coming up (for me, for everyone) -- and often show up at the very same time, where something good is happening amidst something really trying.

So, for me, I learned that I want to show up to my own life with everything I've got, no matter what's going on. This is it, this is my life, and honestly I choose to be all in, to keep trying, in good times and bad, and to owning up to when I can do better and celebrating when I'm nailing it. I keep to my truth, walk my walk, and focus on being kind and supportive first to myself, so then I have the capacity to be kind and supportive to others

Also, "this too shall pass" is a very handy phrase that I keep front and center in my mind.

@nala -- I'm sending you positive vibes that you will get through whatever is going on.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remind myself of all the times I have received help in past trying times.
The longer one has been alive, the longer the list. It's one of the few advantages of aging.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I read something the other day as I am a believer. A logical and science - based believer LOL, so I always use my brain and the resources around me as well but this is what I read "in the storm, keep your eyes on Me". That helped.

Thinking about you today @nala and hope you find comfort.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
“This too shall pass” is my mantra. That or I imagine myself as an old oak tree that is strengthened and wizened by age. I do believe in God and Grace so have quiet conversations to try and come to terms with what is troubling me.

Sending warm wishes @nala.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Life goes on; the earth does not stop spinning; etc. etc...

DK :))

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When things get tough, just a day at a time, maybe even an hour at a time. It’s hard being a human with feelings, wants and needs which are apt to be crushed when things outside our control shape our lives in ways that hurt us and impact upon our wants and needs.
For me I find working towards acceptance of what I can’t change helps. There isn’t always a bright side to each setback but life for everyone is a mixture of good and bad. And what helps acceptance is looking after yourself first. Be kind to yourself and your humanness. That you feel pain, upset, grief, anger, frustration and it’s ok to feel. It’s normal to feel. And sometimes we have no choice but to feel until it eases of its own accord. In the meantime however we need to practice outward kindness to others and we need to practice our smiles and do things that bring us joy. A friend of mine once remarked “My life is shit but on the plus side at least it’s warm and soft”.

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock
Currently going through some stuff. I've heard, and believe: "the bigger the storm, the brighter the rainbow."
I also believe in one day at a time.. and deep breaths.. You got this Nala!!!
Thinking of you and sending hugs to you. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry you’re going through a tough time @nala

My grandma used to say to me “this too shall pass”
My dad always said “no one gets out of this life alive”

Those two quotes somehow helped me feel better during stressful times. And taking things one day, one hour at a time.

When I’m going through challenging times I cope by compartmentalizing so I can function and by trying not too look too far ahead if that stresses me. However, if having a plan in place, should the worst case scenario happen, helps relieve my anxiety, I do plan ahead. It depends on the specific issue.

When we received scary diagnoses in the past I would learn all I could about it because I believe knowledge is power. However there’s a point where it is counterproductive to do so. I try realizing the difference.

For me it helps to share my fears with those I trust. And lean on them. Some find it difficult to do that but I find it comforting.

I also find it very helpful helping others especially when I’m super stressed. It helps put things in perspective.

I also try to find time for myself every day to do something I love doing. Where I’m truly in the moment. Not thinking about what worrying me. And that helps rejuvenate my strength to move forward and deal with whatever it is that’s causing me emotional distress and anxiety and worry. For me that’s being in nature hiking or cycling or even just walking. And maintaining my workouts. Sweating helps me de stress. Must be the endorphins. I always have a more positive outlook after a hard workout.

Important to maintain your sleep schedule and healthy eating too during especially stressful periods. This helps your body deal with the stress. And your mind also.

Just being with my loved ones including furry babies helps immensely too. I try living in the moment and allow myself to be immersed in the love of my family. Hugs help too.

Sending you gentle hugs Nala. May whatever stress you are experiencing dissipate and may your worries be for naught.

This is for you

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By reminding myself that I can chose to deal with things either positively, or negatively, and also that some things are just out of my control.

I can chose to let things that other people have done to me bring me down, or I can remind myself that the way they’ve acted is down to them, and not something I’ve done.

I can’t influence what other people think, if they’ve made up their mind, nothing I say or do will change it, so I have to move on and let them get on with their life, and I with mine.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wake up each day and deal with it.

No secret.
No magic.

It brings to mind the question, "How do you keep living?"
I
breathe, eat, drink, poop & pee, and take it from there.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wake up each day and deal with it.

No secret.
No magic.

It brings to mind the question, "How do you keep living?"
I
breathe, eat, drink, poop & pee, and take it from there.

What if you don’t know how much time you have left to live?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What if you don’t know how much time you have left to live?
Then go for miraculous and magical secrets.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m sorry you’re going through such turmoil @nala

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, I’m sorry you’re going through such difficulties.

This will send some eyes rolling but the only thing that has kept me going in tough times is prayer. When I was completely hopeless and felt I couldn’t count on anyone else, I could count on that.

Sending you a big hug, we are here for you in whatever way you need us to be.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Sending hugs Nala. I don’t have any advice that others haven’t already given. I am also the ball of nerves type that doesn’t do well in a crisis. I just tried to lean on the ones that I love the most.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time. I have always been a worrier and guess that will never change. Prayer is comfort to me and talking things through with loved ones helps me as well. I wish you hope and peace as you try to cope with this issue.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, nala. Sending you hugs and good wishes.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I am terrified that saying it will make it more real.

It may seem that way. The hold of fear this has over you is harder (I believe) than facing the monster. Let's face it. We'll help you. Then, we figure out what to do.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may seem that way. The hold of fear this has over you is harder (I believe) than facing the monster. Let's face it. We'll help you. Then, we figure out what to do.

I am scared. I made the mistake of going down the web md rabbit hole. I am scared divulging details will elicit more information that I can’t deal with.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I am scared. I made the mistake of going down the web md rabbit hole. I am scared divulging details will elicit more information that I can’t deal with.

Okay. That's fair. You get to call the shots here, there's been a lot thrown at you by the sounds of it. Are your people being supportive? Can you call a therapist? Do you have company at night? Can you talk to your doctor about some meds perhaps? These are the times that may require something to take the edge off.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay. That's fair. You get to call the shots here, there's been a lot thrown at you by the sounds of it. Are your people being supportive? Can you call a therapist? Do you have company at night? Can you talk to your doctor about some meds perhaps? These are the times that may require something to take the edge off.

I have lots of love and support. DD flew home to be with me. DH is by my side. I took time off from work. My family and friends have been nothing but kind. And my doctors are being very efficient. I have much to be grateful for. Yet here I am. Tormented.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I have lots of love and support. DD flew home to be with me. DH is by my side. I took time off from work. My family and friends have been nothing but kind. And my doctors are being very efficient. I have much to be grateful for. Yet here I am. Tormented.

What's in the torment? Can you recognize what's there? Can you say it? Fear, yes, but what is the fear made up of?

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Sending hugs @nala .

I don’t know what you are dealing with but it sounds seriously.

My bil has been fighting cancer for the last 6 years. My nephew is only 9. As a family we have been dealing with in waves.

Whatever you are dealing with, I hope you take it day by day. We’re here for you.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you lots of love, thoughts and prayers. I second MGR about the prayers. It has helped me a lot in my difficult times although I can't imagine what you are going through. Know that we are all thinking of you and whenever, if ever you are ready we are all ears.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results