shape
carat
color
clarity

How did I do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jason32803

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I just bought a diamond for my gf of six months. I want to see how everyone thinks I did price wise, and if the stone is worthy of my beautiful lady''s finger.

shape: round
size: 1.01 carats
color: F
clarity: VS2
Table: 58%
Depth:63.7%
cut: ? would that make it an excellent cut?

I paid about $6,800 for it.

How did I do?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have any of the other stone information?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Hard to tell without more info (crown and pavilion angles). Right off, I'd say that it will look smaller than a well-cut 1ct because it is rather deep. If the depth is in the girdle, rather than too-deep pavilion and crown combos, it might still be a nice looking stone, albeit small for the weight.

jason32803

Rough_Rock
I may be able to get it.. what should I list?

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Get crown and pavilion angles, and you already have total depth and table%s. Also, the dimensions would be nice (diameter and depth in mm).

That stone strmrdr listed is nice. Have you already purchased this stone, and if so, what is the return policy?

jason32803

Rough_Rock
15.gif
Looking small is not cool..

I don't know the return policy off hand. I know that I can get a better deal online, but I want to buy at a B&M store..

I may be able to get them to give me a different stone. Is there a perfect ratio of table to depth that I need to look for?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where are you actually located? You might be near one of the vendors here.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
jason-

It's much more than just table and depth. If you can spare a moment, look through the comprehensive tutorial on this site (link at top of page) -it will answer your questions better than I possibly could.

Where are you located? Some PS vendors also have B&M locations if you're more comfortable that way. It seems to me you really want to get your girl a super special diamond, and I'd hate to see you end up with something that you won't be happy with. A little education up front can save you a lot of heartache later on, not to mention a lot of money!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results