shape
carat
color
clarity

How did I do? - Thanks Whiteflash

double2

Rough_Rock
I have been on a hunt for a while on an engagement ring and finally finally ordered and completed the transaction. Will be a bit of wait while the place the diamond into the setting.

Between the time I started researching to today was about four months. Thanks to Chris at Whiteflash for being so helpful and patient.
I had a few questions for him regarding the initial photo of the diamond (there looks like a reflection on there); Chris replied that it was just some reflection on the diamond. You can also see the black dot on one of the edges, but the diamond is eye clean.

Information, Idealscope, ASET, Sarin and Hearts photos are here:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2632518.htm

Setting was a 6 prong tiffany solitaire band

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagemen...tiffany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-4.htm

Thoughts would be much appreciated.

1_17.jpg
5_6.jpg
4_11.jpg
3_13.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think you did a great job :) please post pics of the finished ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto!!! Looks great to me,too! :appl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
good job. =) be sure to post the pic. when the ring comes~

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a very nice stone!

Would request retake of the hearts pic before it's shipped out.

double2

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to follow up on my original post. Not sure why I was only able to edit my original posting once, but anyway, here is how the rest of the transaction went.

Monday May 2 - Finalized order
This consisted of filling out a credit card authorization forms, calling the credit card company to authorize a charge for a large amount and then letting Whiteflash take care of the rest. I received full follow up via email with Chris and Kellie at Whiteflash just letting me know how things were going and that the credit card payment went through without a hitch.

Tuesday May 3
Received a final invoice from Kellie; the invoice provided the ship date (May 10). Based on the setting, it was supposed to take three business days for completion.

Monday May 9
Received photos of the completed ring from Krystal and she let me know that I could follow up with Vera if I had any questions. She also let me know that the item would be shipping today and I would receive a confirmation. Later that evening, I received a confirmation from Alan letting me know when I could expect the delivery (assuming no customs delay).

I called up Fedex to ask them what the procedure would be and they sent me forms to fill out. As it was going into Canada, I had to fill out a One-time Power of Attorney authorizing them to act as my agent to clear the item (which cost $11.30) and pay the taxes to the government. I highly recommend that you call up Fedex and fill out the forms and send it out as soon as you can to avoid the one day delay that I experienced.

May 10
Sadly there was a delay with Customs due to missing paperwork. As well, Fedex misplaced the paperwork that I faxed over, I had to re-do all the paperwork and fax it back over. Anyway, when it was all figured out, it was not done in time for me to receive the package that day. This resulted in a one day delay from when delivery was to be expected (this being a result of Fedex).

May 11
Received the package at the local Fedex depot (per my instructions). The package was double boxed and also bagged; it was very well packaged. It came with an original and duplicate AGS certificate, appraisal, receipt, diamond loupe/scope and of course the ring in a nice lacquered cherry wood box.

I'll let the photos do the rest of the explanation. My digital camera isn't the best for macro photos, so I've used the ones that Krystal provided.

Thank you to everyone at Whiteflash for their superb customer service and a beautiful engagement ring. Thank you to Pricescope and the Pricescope community for all the information on this site that helped me with my purchase.

IMG_1057.jpg
IMG_1060.jpg
IMG_1062.jpg
IMG_1064.jpg
IMG_1065.jpg
IMG_1066.jpg
IMG_1068.jpg
IMG_1069.jpg
IMG_1070.jpg
Whiteflash_19978_050611a.jpg
Whiteflash_19978_050611b.jpg
Whiteflash_19978_050611c.jpg

Gibson486

Rough_Rock
I did not know that whiteflash gave you a heart and arrows scope....Also, what is that other pen looking thing in the box?

OnlyOncePlease

Rough_Rock
double2|1305159434|2919147 said:
Just wanted to follow up on my original post. Not sure why I was only able to edit my original posting once, but anyway, here is how the rest of the transaction went.

Monday May 2 - Finalized order
This consisted of filling out a credit card authorization forms, calling the credit card company to authorize a charge for a large amount and then letting Whiteflash take care of the rest. I received full follow up via email with Chris and Kellie at Whiteflash just letting me know how things were going and that the credit card payment went through without a hitch.

Tuesday May 3
Received a final invoice from Kellie; the invoice provided the ship date (May 10). Based on the setting, it was supposed to take three business days for completion.

Monday May 9
Received photos of the completed ring from Krystal and she let me know that I could follow up with Vera if I had any questions. She also let me know that the item would be shipping today and I would receive a confirmation. Later that evening, I received a confirmation from Alan letting me know when I could expect the delivery (assuming no customs delay).

I called up Fedex to ask them what the procedure would be and they sent me forms to fill out. As it was going into Canada, I had to fill out a One-time Power of Attorney authorizing them to act as my agent to clear the item (which cost $11.30) and pay the taxes to the government. I highly recommend that you call up Fedex and fill out the forms and send it out as soon as you can to avoid the one day delay that I experienced.

May 10
Sadly there was a delay with Customs due to missing paperwork. As well, Fedex misplaced the paperwork that I faxed over, I had to re-do all the paperwork and fax it back over. Anyway, when it was all figured out, it was not done in time for me to receive the package that day. This resulted in a one day delay from when delivery was to be expected (this being a result of Fedex).

May 11
Received the package at the local Fedex depot (per my instructions). The package was double boxed and also bagged; it was very well packaged. It came with an original and duplicate AGS certificate, appraisal, receipt, diamond loupe/scope and of course the ring in a nice lacquered cherry wood box.

I'll let the photos do the rest of the explanation. My digital camera isn't the best for macro photos, so I've used the ones that Krystal provided.

Thank you to everyone at Whiteflash for their superb customer service and a beautiful engagement ring. Thank you to Pricescope and the Pricescope community for all the information on this site that helped me with my purchase.

What was the tax % you had to pay?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
It will be awesom! :appl:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Sarahbear621|1363183754|3403807 said:

Sarahbear - this thread is from nearly 2 years ago...not sure why it was brought up again...

hawk25

Shiny_Rock
double2|1305159434|2919147 said:

Great job! Can I ask what extras did WF give you in this picture? I'm also curious about the taxes (I'm from Canada too)

hawk25

Shiny_Rock
04diamond<3|1363184146|3403811 said:
Sarahbear621|1363183754|3403807 said:

Sarahbear - this thread is from nearly 2 years ago...not sure why it was brought up again...

Ah I didn't see the date. Doubt the OP's still around

double2

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

It's been a couple of years, but I believe that I paid 13% tax (it's possibly I paid just the GST but I cannot recall).

In terms of extras that WF gave, they gave the scope, a lens/diamond cleaner and a diamond holder. They provided a insurance appraisal as well if I recall correctly

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results