shape
carat
color
clarity

How did I do? (Australia)

bluo

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

Firstly, I discovered this community via reddit and you guys are awesome. So much helpful advice.

I’ve purchased a diamond online after doing self research but I tend to get analysis paralysis or overthink.

Just wanted to gather the communities opinion on the diamond. One thing I’ve been thinking about constantly is that IGI cert. Have I made a mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a big fan of this diamond. The proportions don't work that well together, and for natural diamonds we usually recommend sticking with GIA or AGS reports. IGI is softer on grading, so an I VS2 will likely be lower in color and clarity. Are you still able to cancel your order?

For your budget, I'd recommend this stone instead.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with kim. I am not a huge fan of that stone, and I would suggest cancelling if you can to find a better option

bluo

Rough_Rock
I'm not a big fan of this diamond. The proportions don't work that well together, and for natural diamonds we usually recommend sticking with GIA or AGS reports. IGI is softer on grading, so an I VS2 will likely be lower in color and clarity. Are you still able to cancel your order?

For your budget, I'd recommend this stone instead.

Oh bugger. I thought that I had done better. Fortunately, it isn’t too late to cancel. And thank you so much for the recommendation . Hopefully there will be a few different ones (varying price points) I can look at. I had seen previously that the decagon 10 cut was highly regarded. I may look into that more as well.

bluo

Rough_Rock
I agree with kim. I am not a huge fan of that stone, and I would suggest cancelling if you can to find a better option

Thanks lovedogs. Have you heard of the decagon 10 diamond? What are your thoughts? They are more expensive but perhaps I could afford it in my budget if I went with a lab grown?
I’m not quite sure where else to look except for James Allen for a typical round brilliant that would ship easily to Australia…

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh bugger. I thought that I had done better. Fortunately, it isn’t too late to cancel. And thank you so much for the recommendation . Hopefully there will be a few different ones (varying price points) I can look at. I had seen previously that the decagon 10 cut was highly regarded. I may look into that more as well.

Your budget will definitely go much further with lab-grown. And the Decagon is indeed incredible. Check out JannPaul's page here on their pricing. Their lab-grown pricing is at the bottom.

If you decide to stick with James Allen, we can help you find different options, or come on over to the lab-grown forum to see how far your budget can get you.

bluo

Rough_Rock
Your budget will definitely go much further with lab-grown. And the Decagon is indeed incredible. Check out JannPaul's page here on their pricing. Their lab-grown pricing is at the bottom.

If you decide to stick with James Allen, we can help you find different options, or come on over to the lab-grown forum to see how far your budget can get you.

Thanks so much for the info and help. That would be really great as my preference would be a natural diamond. My budget is between $6-8k AUD. I have just contacted JP to organise a viewing for the decagon but I will also do some browsing on James Allen for a natural stone tonight as well. Are there any other places you suggest I browse?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results