shape
carat
color
clarity

How critical is polish and symmetry?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mike H.

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I have a question and it's regarding polish and symmetry. I'm current looking for an Asscher cut diamond and initially I wanted to get excellent polish and excellent symmetry but my jeweler found one that has very good polish and good symmetry. How critical is this? Is this something that can be noticed by the naked eye? I will see the stone this weekend but I thought I'd ask here.
Oh btw, the dimensions are 68.7% depth with a 58% table. What do you think?

Thanks!

Mike

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not critical... you may want to run a search among Garry's (aca "CutNut") posts for some professional comments.

This has been talked about quite a bit (with the constant conclusion that "good" is good enough, and anything better great - as far as I remember).

Polish really is a non-issue. Symmetry may seem like one, but what the lab report means by "symmetry" may not be what you think this is (this is facet meet symmetry, not shape). Those less than "excellent" are not crooked diamonds, "fair" symmetry does not mean visible deviations most of the time, let alone the higer grades.
34.gif

As far as I know, of course.

reena

Ideal_Rock
yeah, i am not an expert by any means but i''ve heard plenty of people say that it''s not that critical and that so long as you''re at good or above it''s no big deal. (esp with polish as ana said.) i would say that if you see it in person and you like it, don''t worry about it.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Reena:

You need to change your avatar to your gorgeous cushion!!!!

Mike H.

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies. I should''ve used the search function. Sorry about that. I think I have a better idea now after reading a few of the other threads. I''ll let you know after I take a look at my diamond in 2 hours! Can''t wait!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results