shape
carat
color
clarity

How can I use the Ideal Scope in a store?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I just ordered the ideal scope and I want to take it with me to manhattan on my next trip. Question - how can I use it in the store? Will the store lighting be sufficient? Should I go outside with it if it''s sunny out?
Thanks!
Oh, and feel free to answer my other posted question re: wedding band.
9.gif

Thegroom

Rough_Rock
While on the topic of using the ideal-scope, does it work on a diamond that is already set in a ring?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We use ours in the store all the time... If you don't find the type of lighting that you're comfortable with, just ask the sales person to humor you by providing you with some additional lighting options... Most of us are more used to it than you might imagine... The other day a client drove up from Southern California to play and compare several diamonds side-by-side, we turned lights off, turned them back on, crawled underneath desks, etc... What's the big deal? Eventually the client decided that there was one lamp located in a particular corner of the store which gave her the type of light she was looking for and she spent most of her time scrunched up in a corner between a display case and a wall because that is where she found the lighting combination she was looking for... If the store has the lighting available, even if they need to unplug a light from the back office, they should be willing to bring it up for you if you're trying to buy a diamond from them...

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
thanks and yes, you can use it on a mounted diamond - from what I read from the description. It may be harder, but it should be able to be done.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The best option (buy the $120 model with a diffuser dome) is to sticky tape a sheet of photocopy paper over any desk lamp and hold the stone and scope 3 or 4 inches from the verticle dangling paper.
see the pictures in 1C at http://www.ideal-scope.com/howto.asp

And have lots of fun as R&T say
1.gif

The retailer will probably be learning too, so be patient with them
1.gif

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
I would love to get the more expensive Ideal Scope but cannot justify the cost since I will not be using it that much. (I wish I were!)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
No worries - that is why we have an inexpensive model
1.gif

And yes you can use the scope with set diamonds - but be aware that you need to get as much light in the back of the diamond as possible.
There is a page on how to do that at the website too
1.gif

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Cut Nut - has anyone ever told you you look like George Clooney? At least in this pic.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi New Yorker!

If you're close enough to Long Island and you take a trip out here I'll show you some stones that were handpicked with this and other neat optical devices and you'll get a chance to view the rarest cut qualities in the world. If not, no hard feelings. Good luck!

Peace,
Rhino

NewYorker

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, I wish I had some of Liz's jewels - or at least look at them first hand.

Rhino - I would LOVE to come and see you sometime. Usually, I dread going to Long Island (once turned around before I got to my destination due to unbelievable traffic), but in this case I'd grit my teeth and deal with it. I always said that whoever lives on LI should always visit those outside of LI because to invite someone over is just cruel. LOL
9.gif
(I even went to Stony Brook too!)

I'll definately take you up on your offer when I find someone I can trust enough to look after my 1 year old for that many consecutive hours.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results