shape
carat
color
clarity

How can I make this larger?

Frumasring

Shiny_Rock
Hi folks,

I need some help with a gold bracelet I’ve inherited. It’s a tad too small for me. I’d like to get some opinions on how to have it made larger. I’d love your thoughts and suggestions! Thank you!! IMG_9959.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9958.jpeg
    IMG_9958.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 10

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consult with a knowledgeable jeweler/bench person with expertise in refurbishing antique pieces since this is a family heirloom -- but perhaps new links could be fabricated and added to bracelet -- or perhaps the clasp section itself could be extended by adding matching or contrasting metal pieces engraved to match the circles or a similar infinity design?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a similar challenge. Looks like you could get additional "links" custom made. Expensive but they could easily be cast from one of these if a few "links" were disassembled (cut) -- and it looks like they were cast to begin with. So i don't think it is an issue of a lot of hand-done engraving and shaping.

Easier, if you are not wedded to the initials -- and even if you are -- would be to make a new spacer that is 1/2" longer and perhaps even curved and then attach the tube hinges to that. (In fact, that may be why the piece is there to begin with.) That is what we had to do for a too-small mesh-type bracelet where it was not feasible to make new links. It was no bargain, and the "insert" was solid gold and curved and quite heavy so it kept dragging the bracelet around. We eventually had to shorten that solid spacer, take the curve out of it, and fit it more snugly -- and that was absolutely perfect. I have some pictures but don't own it -- was for a sibling and she wears it all the time now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results