shape
carat
color
clarity

How can I get a new copy of a Sarin-type Report?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DB1

Rough_Rock
I lost the ''Sarin-type'' report card that came with my Wife''s Diamond. The Jeweler said that he only had that one copy and was supposed to keep one for his records but didn''t. He did not know how to get another. Any options to get another?

The company that produced the report was something like "O.G.L.I.", but I don''t remember for sure. I do still have the GIA cert, but would like the ''Sarin'' report because it proved my wife''s diamond was a Tolkowsky Ideal using this site''s "Holloway Cut Advisor".

Thanks.

magna2

Shiny_Rock
Find an appraiser that has the ability to do a Sarin analysis - that is, one that has a Sarin machine.

rodent.gif

DB1

Rough_Rock
I realize I could go get another analysis done. But the jeweller said the stone would have to be un-set and mailed. My wife doesn't want her ring tampered with at at...beyond cleaning that is.

Is there no way to get a hold of the report that was already done? Plus upon further research I suppose the company that gave the original analysis was OGI, although I could have sworn I saw four letters like the OGLI.

Help please.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I don't think so. It's very unlikely that someone has a copy of your OGI report... You'd need to unset the stone... I don't think it's worth it... If your stone is a TIC type, I bet it's beautiful, with or without that little label!!
1.gif
1.gif

DB1

Rough_Rock
Thanks Giangi. You are right of course. I suppose unless my wife divorced me and wanted to sell the ring that there really isn't much value in getting another Sarin report for the stone.
1.gif
After all, I do know myself that the cut was as good as you can get. Thanks again.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome! Enjoy your great stone!
1.gif
wavey.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you send it in the setting to Richard Sherwood (in the appraiser section) he can very accurately estimate the proportions using Diamcalc and the Ideal-scope without unsetting the stone
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results