shape
carat
color
clarity

how big was your wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2006 8:01:21 PM
Author: Amanda21
500 and counting.
32.gif
Oh, wow!
41.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
We had 65! It was perfect! I loved being able to talk with everyone there!
We ran off to the islands to get married, it made it hard for everyone to get there, made it easier for us to have a smaller crowd, must
admit, we were worried when our RSVPs started coming in with so many yeses! (We invited 150 knowing full well that many wouldn''t be able to come.)
No regrets! would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Tybee

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
50...perfect!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
We have about 315 on our list right now.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I believe the final number attending was something like 235. We invited over 300.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
We wanted 100 tops, but we had to compromise at 125. I loved that I knew everyone at my wedding and it was a big celebration of close friends and family instead of a corporate event. I live in ny and everyone seems to have at least 200 people, most of which the couple felt obligated to invite. We told our parents that 125 was the MAX and that we wanted people we KNEW and loved there. We said we didn''t care who we offended and to get over it. We knew that you can''t make everyone happy and that we had to make ourselves happy on our day. At first it was an issue but we kept to our vision and everyone agreed that we had an amazing wedding.
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew I did not want to turn my wedding into something massive where I did not know most of the guests and did not get to be with anyone for more than a split second. I thought by choosing the hotel I chose, which is off the beaten path and not a place with a massive ballroom, that it would end the problem by virtue of the size of the space. My mom was fine it, as I said, since my father''s death she felt no obligations towards certain people that she might have if he were alive, it was not that she did not want them there but she could cut the list that way and not feel bad. My father in law, up til the day before, tried to invite someone on his "B" list...a friend in New York had hurt his back and could not fly out, so there were two vacant spots that appeared and he wanted to call a couple that had not made the first list and invite them, he knew they had heard about the wedding and were hurt not to be included...my hubby to be and I just looked at him like, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It got so ugly...my father in law was even calling up the calligrapher and asking her to sneak him some invites separately so my mother in law could attempt calligraphy on them and send them to their back up list as the RSVP''s came back, so if one of their friends could not attend he could whip out a new invite without me or my mother knowing...she told him NO WAY and that was the end of that...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had around 130 guests.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results