shape
carat
color
clarity

How big should the melees be on a 2mm pave?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

summerluv

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''m custom making a 2mm pave band with 8 melees on each side thru WF. The total ct is set to be 0.16, so I guess WF is using 1 pointer melees.
I wasn''t thinking much so I approved the order form. But recently I started PSing a lot. I see a lot of girls have 1.5 or even 2pointers for their 2mm pave rings. Now I''m concerned... Since the width of their rings are the same as mine, but their melees are bigger, does that mean my shank will have more metal and less diamonds?

Please advise! I''m on my 3rd CAD already and I just realized this. I feel bad for putting WF throw so much trouble, but I''m so indecisive and I just want my baby to be perfect!
Thank you!

summerluv

Rough_Rock
Thank you coatimundi. So that means my shank will have 1.3mm of diamonds and 0.7mm of metal?? That sounds like awful alot of metal! I had made it very clear I wanted the band around the melees to be as thin as possible. Seems like that''s not gonna happen with my melees being only 1.3mm and metal being 0.7mm??
33.gif
8.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 6:48:14 PM
Author: summerluv
Thank you coatimundi. So that means my shank will have 1.3mm of diamonds and 0.7mm of metal?? That sounds like awful alot of metal! I had made it very clear I wanted the band around the melees to be as thin as possible. Seems like that''s not gonna happen with my melees being only 1.3mm and metal being 0.7mm??
33.gif
8.gif

That is only 0.35mm on each side of the melee. Can you look at a ruler with SI unit and see if you can mark out that thickness on a paper? If you think that is still too big then ask WF to recommend what is the max size they are comfortable working with and go with that. They have the experience to tell what limit is structurally sound for the ring because I don''t think you want a pretty but flimsy ring that bends the first time you wear it and the melee diamonds pop off right? I don''t think WF will want to take responsibility of making such a ring.

If you still want a bigger melee against WF''s recommendation, then it is probably time to change vendor.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My 2.1 mm band has 1.5 mm melee in it. It's just right. My halo (thinner than 2mm) has 1 pointers. On a 2mm band I would go slightly larger than 1 pointers, personally, as long as it's safe.

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Summerluv, I would contact WF and address your concern with them ASAP. If you are not happy, let them know now!

Good luck.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 10:57:39 PM
Author: DiamondsDiamonds
Summerluv, I would contact WF and address your concern with them ASAP. If you are not happy, let them know now!

Good luck.
Date: 2/7/2009 10:57:39 PM
Author: DiamondsDiamonds

Good luck.
Ditto!

I don't know how much this could possibly help, since it's a different style of band... but since I happen to know the dimensions and all I thought I'd post it just in case it could be helpful.

This band is 2mm and has 1.9 pointers (0.019ct), so that's probably just under 1.7mm. That means just a hair over .3mm of metal on the bezels. Just to give you an idea of what .3mm of metal looks like! Very very fine, but of course the look is different than with pave.

finebezelband.jpg

When you say "each side", do you mean on the top and bottom (palm side) or the band, or literally on each side of the band, making for two rows? of pave on the band?

summerluv

Rough_Rock
Thank you guys. Yeah I emailed WF already. Gonna see what they say on Monday I guess. I just feel bad for being so indecisive
8.gif

Musey thank you for your post. By "each side" I meant top and bottom. This is a single row standard pave. So I meant I wanted the band around the melees to be thin as opposed to in channel set where the band around the melees are fairly thick.
Any other girls out there with a 2mm pave? Can you please share your opinion? I have a feeling WF might not be able to do 1.5 pointers...
Thank you.
15.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 1:13:22 AM
Author: summerluv
Any other girls out there with a 2mm pave? Can you please share your opinion? I have a feeling WF might not be able to do 1.5 pointers...

Thank you.

15.gif
What makes you think that? Have you asked and they nixed it? I can''t imagine why. Just tell them your concerns, it sounds reasonable enough to me.

If it doesn''t work out, there are OH SO MANY 2mm single-row pave rings out there, that the need to go custom is really not all that high. You could probably find something fantastic through Pearlman''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results