shape
carat
color
clarity

how big of an eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ames

Rough_Rock
I have a 1.5 ct rb solitare in a platinum cathedral setting that is about 3 mm wide. I am interested in getting a shared prong eternity band to go with it. Would .2 ct stones be too large? Is there a "rule" to go by, and how big would be too big? I have a feeling I''d end up wearing the eternity band alone one day and would like it to be substantial. Thanks!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/26/2008 9:49:27 PM
Author:ames
I have a 1.5 ct rb solitare in a platinum cathedral setting that is about 3 mm wide. I am interested in getting a shared prong eternity band to go with it. Would .2 ct stones be too large? Is there a 'rule' to go by, and how big would be too big? I have a feeling I'd end up wearing the eternity band alone one day and would like it to be substantial. Thanks!
Certainly DF must have a "rule" for this!
3.gif

My own personal rule is whatever you feel looks the best. That being said, if you are potentially going to wear it alone I would error on the side of bigger rather than smaller, especially for when DSS sets in...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results