shape
carat
color
clarity

How badly do you want new BLING during the pandemic? (1-10 Scale)

How badly are you wanting a new piece of BLING during the pandemic? (1-10 scale)

• 10 - I'm obsessed, its all I think about!

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • 9 - I really, really, really want one!

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • 8 - It would lift my spirits very, very much!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • 7 - It would be awesome!

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • 6 - It would be very nice

Votes: 18 14.6%
  • 5 - It would be nice

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 4 - It crosses my mind sometimes

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • 3 - Once in a great while it crosses my mind

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • 2 - I'd take one if someone gave it to me, but I don't think about it

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 1 - I don't want any new bling at the moment

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would be very nice. :)

I'm with you, sista! Not dying for it - but bling has always been a happy place for me, and I could do with some happy right now.

So - yes. Very nice.

I'm thinking about upgrading my 7 stone to a 5 stone with bigger diamonds, but in reality, I know I want a completely different look - and I do like my 7 stone ring - very much! So, really, it's not an upgrade I'm thinking about. I want to keep my 7 stone...and do a whole new 5 stone as well Yay! :- /

Also, I want to set all my .27s in a Nora setting, plus I want to use up all my leftover melee in a mosaic setting oval shaped ring (think Bella from Twilight), I need to set my 1.05 AVR in a platinum Gloria Floria, and I want a white, clean .75 - .8ct OEC to set into a new gypsy setting - also platinum. I've gone a bit nuts with yellow and rose gold recently, and my platinum ring collection is almost non-existent. Oh, the horror!!

I love the people who are on PriceScope, but say they either don't think about bling, or don't want it. Maybe we should put a link to some cooking websites at the top of this thread? :)) Altho...now that I think about it, they're perhaps people who were buying for others - mostly guys, I'm guessing - so perhaps we should add links to ESPN and the various online sports channels. Not that the sports world isn't as decimated as the bling world right now, of course, so those people are probably suffering as much as the rest of us!

Hugs to you all, PriceScopers!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shucks. This thread is a couple of months too late! Bc I would have replied 10 before my upgrade!

Okay...Now it’s my turn @nala Haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OEC studs. I’m definitely not interested in a rivière necklace anymore. I’m glad I took my time in thinking about it. One thing I’ve learned over the years is to be less impulsive re bling purchases.

I’m mulling over OEC studs. We shall see :)

:appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your description of the ring being like sun on your hand! So much fun!

If I had all the money in the world, or if I already owned all the other items on my core-jewelry wish list, then I'd love to get a solitaire heart pendant like Elizabeth Taylor's:

pic110.png

832e94e55bee221b61b364dc6bbf63ad.jpg

I have wanted a big heart cut single stone pendant like this ever since I saw this film many years ago.

This is at the top of my lab/MMD wish list, a 4-5ct Heart cut stone to be set as a slider pendant.

DK :kiss2:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
hah! christmas will be coming early;)2 im thrilled about it! i can't wait to what you've got "cooking"

Omg me too, but with things coming internationally, it might take a while. Can you believe it's nearly the end of October? So I think Christmas is a safe bet hehehe. We should start a Christmas baubles thread LOL

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Also, I want to set all my .27s in a Nora setting, plus I want to use up all my leftover melee in a mosaic setting oval shaped ring (think Bella from Twilight),

OMG Mrs B, this comment made me chuckle! Did you watch Twilight hahaha. I remember that ring actually and when I watched that movie when it came out. I even googled some replicas for that ring lol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ll admit I’m obsessed right now. Last year I was supposed to upgrade to an aca. I did..but I purchased a few things first so didn’t have enough to get the specs I wanted in the upgrade. I knew I still would upgrade after Christmas and my birthday early January 2021. My plan was to buy a 2.5 Vs1 G last birthday..which would have made me happy and content. Whiteflash didn’t have 2.5 so I purchased a 2.78 vs2 I color. It was only temporary so I kiddingly named her Summer...last name Fling..:lol: I got comfortable with that size wearing her for ten months....Now I want to keep that size or go up a little..Darn DSS! So...I’ve been obsessing about selling Libby so I can put it all in the ACA. I don’t think I can do it..I will get money at the beginning of the year so @missy talked me down from the ledge so I don’t do anything rash....that I should wait...I’ve decided with all my obsessing that my order of considerations are..
1. Cut..which I don’t have to worry about about..
2. Color F or G
3. Clarity I’ll do vs2 but prefer vs1
4. Size...but I’m not getting a lentil...I’ll settle on the clarity a bit. I’m afraid of clouds..haha
Do I sound like a crazy person? I do even to myself! :loopy:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala No you don’t! Read my post after yours! Hahahaha

Lol! It’s all brainstorming, we’re not mad at you! The process is just as fun! I know I keep pushing for you to be a ORTRTA gal:lol-2: but don’t let Libby hear that!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@maryjane04

this year has really changed my perception of time ... i don't know where the year went ... feels like a prolonged blip ...

im hoping to avoid the busy pre-holiday season. where in the past, the good benches get super crazy busy. it may be different this year with the plague and all ...

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Eh I was really about shopping for a while there but now I’m over it - all of it. I recently spent a couple hours in Floor & Decor trying to pick out tile for my fireplace and I’m still exhausted from that.

My interest in things (including bling) comes and goes. Right now I’m in phase where I could not spend any money on jewelry and feel like I’m missing nothing.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am an impulse buyer so there is definitely less temptation and sense of need....the price of gold has me reluctant to do any projects. But I've still managed to buy a few pieces...new bling always makes me happy..so I voted #7.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I chose 4 "It crosses my mind sometimes" because I feel that my collection is where it should be and I am satisfied with what I have. I occasionally look through ebay, IG, LT, etc. but nothing really stands out to me. I love buying pre-owned and I've stopped myself from impulse buying.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely engage in retail therapy from time to time and bling is my guilty pleasure. I’ve been keeping it relatively reasonable though. Most finishing my one big project. And then indulging in some unique estate pieces or preloaded goodies now and then.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll admit I’m obsessed right now. Last year I was supposed to upgrade to an aca. I did..but I purchased a few things first so didn’t have enough to get the specs I wanted in the upgrade. I knew I still would upgrade after Christmas and my birthday early January 2021. My plan was to buy a 2.5 Vs1 G last birthday..which would have made me happy and content. Whiteflash didn’t have 2.5 so I purchased a 2.78 vs2 I color. It was only temporary so I kiddingly named her Summer...last name Fling..:lol: I got comfortable with that size wearing her for ten months....Now I want to keep that size or go up a little..Darn DSS! So...I’ve been obsessing about selling Libby so I can put it all in the ACA. I don’t think I can do it..I will get money at the beginning of the year so @missy talked me down from the ledge so I don’t do anything rash....that I should wait...I’ve decided with all my obsessing that my order of considerations are..
1. Cut..which I don’t have to worry about about..
2. Color F or G
3. Clarity I’ll do vs2 but prefer vs1
4. Size...but I’m not getting a lentil...I’ll settle on the clarity a bit. I’m afraid of clouds..haha
Do I sound like a crazy person? I do even to myself! :loopy:

I’m always here for you. No bling mistakes allowed at least when it comes to selling the irreplaceable. Sometimes stepping back gives one the clarity how and when to move forward. ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m always here for you. No bling mistakes allowed at least when it comes to selling the irreplaceable. Sometimes stepping back gives one the clarity how and when to move forward. ❤

Thank you @missy...It’s definitely true...I tend to obsess over something until the decision for me becomes clear. I have a plan now so I’m calming down...for now..:lol:❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy...It’s definitely true...I tend to obsess over something until the decision for me becomes clear. I have a plan now so I’m calming down...for now..:lol:

And I thank you for all your support and help on my bling (and other) processes. :kiss:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

reyasjose

Rough_Rock
I’ve always, always wanted a rose cut ring. When an opportunity came to buy one and have it made, I gave it to my sister. And she loved it!

Now, I’ve been looking at portrait or asscher cut diamonds.. This time, it’ll be mine:D

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahahaha thanks. But don’t get too excited. My funds are sort of depleted. :$$):

I’m hoping you see a pair and you have to get them! Who needs retirement money. You’re still young! :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m hoping you see a pair and you have to get them! Who needs retirement money. You’re still young! :Up_to_something:

Haha ok. See my acceptance thread :lol:
Though I guess young is relative. We’re young compared to 100 year olds.::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sooooo want something new! I am constantly on the search but can't make up my mind.

Same. I think part of that has to do with us longing for nothing specific. Maybe we’re just looking to decrease the stress we’re feeling from the pandemic and life in general.
As in yeah it’d be nice to get something but we don’t long or have a yen for anything.

Like thinking one is hungry and opening the fridge and not seeing anything you want. Probably means we’re not hungry but stressed/bored etc.

And in that case I’d say take a nice cold drink of water and see if you’re still hungry. That’s where PS comes in. Seeing others bling and bouncing our ideas off PSers help us decide are we hungry or just thirsty. :)

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still wanting my earring upgrade but its a dull roar. Economic what ifs hold me back though I absolutely can pay cash right now, my brain is like "but what if (fill in the blank) " I get tired of myself sometimes....lol

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love hearing all of these responses, thank you everyone for chiming in!

Gosh, so many beautiful sounding projects in the works. Looking forward to seeing all of these in the "Show Me The Bling" section down the road!

Also, its nice to know I'm not the only person on the planet thinking about/craving sparklies at a time like this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results