shape
carat
color
clarity

How bad is the bow tie in this lab grown oval ring (video)

diamonds4ever33

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone! I recently purchased a lab oval from a local jeweler and got this ring made. In the store the stone did not appear to have much of a bow tie but wanted some second opinions since I don't have a lot of expertise when it comes to these things. I hope I made a good purchase. 1.1 carats, G, VVS1. There should be a video embedded in this post.

Video link:
image1.jpeg

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
no major dark areas in normal viewing is most likely but its not possible to tell that accurately by images.
The important thing is what you see.

diamonds4ever33

Rough_Rock
no major dark areas in normal viewing is most likely but its not possible to tell that accurately by images.
The important thing is what you see.

there should be a video as well!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone! I recently purchased a lab oval from a local jeweler and got this ring made. In the store the stone did not appear to have much of a bow tie but wanted some second opinions since I don't have a lot of expertise when it comes to these things. I hope I made a good purchase. 1.1 carats, G, VVS1. There should be a video embedded in this post.

Video link:
image1.jpeg

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
Looks @ spectacular to me!!!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hi and welcome to PriceScope, diamonds4ever33!
An ASET scope works with fancy shapes, including ovals. You can try and find a local jeweler that has one on hand or buy one for yourself, if you'd like.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi and welcome to PriceScope, diamonds4ever33!
An ASET scope works with fancy shapes, including ovals. You can try and find a local jeweler that has one on hand or buy one for yourself, if you'd like.

I totally understand this advice. But I disagree. At this point , the most important view is with your unaided eye.
If you were coming asking about a stone being offered by a vendor who could provide an aset image, the super helpful folks ( like Dejawiz:)) could give you their assessment. But trying to use the handheld device, at this point would be counterproductive IMO

Also- the stone looks great in the pic!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
The stone looks nice to me. A bowtie is most noticeable if it's reflecting something dark so try looking at it in various lighting, background and foreground. If you like it, it's a keeper :D

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Agree your eyeballs are better than aset for judging bow tie at this point.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
We don't know what color your phone or camera is and how close it was.
We don't know if you are a petite blonde or a large person with big coiffured dark hair.
You are the bow tie, or your phone when making a video.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results