shape
carat
color
clarity

How bad are your seasonal allergies?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of my friends are sneezing like crazy with runny nose and watery eyes. They can't understand why I am immune to hay fever after all these yrs.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People vary.
Some don't have allergies.
I don't.
Well not physical allergies. :mrgreen:

Normal adults don't have allergies, normal being over 50%.
WebMD states 30% of adults have allergies ... so it follows 70% don't.
DF maybe you need some new friends. :doh:

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it depends where you live and what your allergic to
had it very bad as a kid, miserable
grasses and European white flowering trees and pines
Moved to the north island and it disapaired over night to be replaced by asthma so not such a good swap
Moved to Wanganui and its back
that silver beerch in the back yard is on borrowed time

Spring and summer is bad
autum is good
Winter things start to flower again

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not affected whatsoever.
Children received allergy shots years ago and are no longer affected.
DH is crying, sneezing, nose runny, etc the full works even though he had a few years of allergy shots.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No seasonal allergy for me, thank goodness.

DK :))

I’m alright, but I don’t really ever have hayfever. Far more allergic to pollution than pollen, and luckily the air quality where I live is great. So basically I just suffer when I go visit my parents since the air quality there is horrendous.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this year has been brutal for me...but with that said we also had temporary cat that is staying with us for a couple of months...we are all allergic, so add the cat to the everything in our state blooming all at once..we are all miserable we are all sneezing and have a constant runny nose and of course I freak out about covid with all this...its been a miserable year

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was chronically allergic to cats growing up but i loved them any way
No fur, no feathers and no wool in our house due to my allergies

But when i went to work they had 2 store cats that i loved - they still made me sneeze

Years latter when i moved up north and found Gary, Tinky and his long haired brother Chubb lived next door
By the time Tinky eventually came to live with us he had completly curied my cat allergy
I don't think this would work with hay favour but people have been cuired of peanut alligies

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m miserable all winter from mold and dust mites. My happy season is coming!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me!! I am blessed for now bc I found loratadine 10 mg— an over the counter pill that I take daily! It has been a life changing—I was miserable 100 percent of the time during the changing of the seasons and any other breezy day where the stink of pollen is in The air. Since I started taking these, I am still aware that my sinuses are triggered but I’m at 20 percent and not 100 percent of misery. My DD seems to be developing them now.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Never a medication allergy; neither have I been triggered by the environment. I feel for those who suffer....I see/hear what it is about; and it can be miserable.

cheers--Sharon

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ugh they are bad all the time but worse in the spring and fall.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No seasonal allergies either.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of the worst things here for asthma are olive trees in flower
I give each tree i pass a dirty look
Saw 3 today laden with fruit
hope the birds enjoy it

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My asthma which is generally under control has been a bit out of control lately. Due to seasonal allergies. We have been sleeping with the windows open but I am probably going to have to start sleeping with the AC on to calm my allergic symptoms. Thank goodness for AC. :appl:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My asthma which is generally under control has been a bit out of control lately. Due to seasonal allergies. We have been sleeping with the windows open but I am probably going to have to start sleeping with the AC on to calm my allergic symptoms. Thank goodness for AC. :appl:

We do the same. I'd love to have the windows open but it's just not good for us. The mask wearing outdoors has been helping me. I'm not as bad as I normally am at this time of the year.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I have allergies to mold and some pollens, esp ragweed. I don't get a runny nose, I get plugged sinuses which means frequent sinus infections and headaches. In Canada and Colorado this meant spring and summer but here in Texas it has developed into year round misery...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
couple of weeks ago I ended up in urgent care because a tree was cut down near my house.... :roll2:

Felt like a bad inside out sun burn plus a nasty cold at the same time.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have terrible allergies and always have. I have been getting allergy immunotherapy since I was a small child. I usually get shots for a year or two and it keeps the allergies at bay for about 10 years and then I have to start all over again. Allergies give me a completely stuffed up head so that I cannot sleep and behind the eye migraine.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it depends where you live and what your allergic to
had it very bad as a kid, miserable
grasses and European white flowering trees and pines
Moved to the north island and it disapaired over night to be replaced by asthma so not such a good swap
Moved to Wanganui and its back
that silver beerch in the back yard is on borrowed time

Spring and summer is bad
autum is good
Winter things start to flower again

My dad was allergic to Silver Birch Trees. Unfortunately the neighbours who's land backed onto my parents property had a line of them along the border & refused to cut them down. My dad was often miserable & watery eyed. He used to leave the house for a bit of sanity, rather than come home & feel at peace. He loved winter because he could potter around our garden in peace.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spring allergies when all the pollen starts floating around is pure misery for me. Sneezing and watery eyes...ugh.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hay-fever has waxed & wained over the years. When i was in my teens it could be debilitating & I would have to stay home from school. My eyes would swell so much I couldn't open them & the constant itching of my throat meant no sleep for days. But I thankfully seemed to grow out of it for the most part.

Now I just get regular hay-fever & can go weeks without symptoms, or get a bad attack after a particular trigger, what can knock me off my feet. I take an antihistamine, nasal spray & eye drops from May to Oct. Interestingly I don't suffer at all during the 3 weeks we spend in Cyprus each August.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dad was allergic to Silver Birch Trees. Unfortunately the neighbours who's land backed onto my parents property had a line of them along the border & refused to cut them down. My dad was often miserable & watery eyed. He used to leave the house for a bit of sanity, rather than come home & feel at peace. He loved winter because he could potter around our garden in peace.

Oh poor Dad
it really is the most miserable thing
My hay-fever has waxed & wained over the years. When i was in my teens it could be debilitating & I would have to stay home from school. My eyes would swell so much I couldn't open them & the constant itching of my throat meant no sleep for days. But I thankfully seemed to grow out of it for the most part.

Now I just get regular hay-fever & can go weeks without symptoms, or get a bad attack after a particular trigger, what can knock me off my feet. I take an antihistamine, nasal spray & eye drops from May to Oct. Interestingly I don't suffer at all during the 3 weeks we spend in Cyprus each August.

Ive heard it can come in maybe 7 year cycles
I had had years and years without it after a miserable childhod
Christmas was particularly bad with a cut pine tree in the house and Christmas lillies in every vase - im a staunch advocate for the artificial Christmas tree

But iceland poppies are also really bad
Lupins are the worst
We grew up by the beach - all that sea air and sunshine should have been great except for the wild yellow lupins that grew in the dunes and in the rough of the golf links and playing fields/domain between the sea and our street

Today if i see yellow lupins flowering i immediately close the car windows

It was weird, i knew people in Wellington who had never had sinus or hayfever till moving there, yet i was fine

i once saw a huge pine tree shed a 30ft tall shadow of yellow pollen in the breeze like an evil presence from a horror movie
Boo hiss
(And i love the smell of pine)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of my friends are sneezing like crazy with runny nose and watery eyes. They can't understand why I am immune to hay fever after all these yrs.

I used to work with a young woman who had lived in the Los Angeles basin all her life, but moved to Sacramento in her early twenties for a job here. She developed allergies just a few months after moving here. They were so bad that she moved back to LA after less than two years here, primarily to escape the allergies.

I was lucky. I was it took about ten years of living in Sacramento before I developed allergies. Mine are annoying and can get quite bad - ie almost constant post-nasal drip for months on end - but they’re mostly tolerable without medication. They’re almost non-existent though when I stay with my Sweetie, just 30 minutes from here in the foothills! Just two quick squirts each morning keeps them under control now.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was lucky. I was it took about ten years of living in Sacramento before I developed allergies. Mine are annoying and can get quite bad - ie almost constant post-nasal drip for months on end - but they’re mostly tolerable without medication. They’re almost non-existent though when I stay with my Sweetie, just 30 minutes from here in the foothills! Just two quick squirts each morning keeps them under control now.
Been living here for over 50 yrs and never developed any allergies. My friends said it can come hit at anytime. Guess I'm the few of the lucky ones.

The foothill farm area?. My grandfather used to own a restaurant there in 1968 till he passed away. It was off of Auburn Bl.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty bad this year and my asthma that is normally well controlled is acting up.

Every morning, we play POLLEN OR PLAGUE

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i live in an area notorious for allegries, mine aren't so bad but we have 2 pets that have to be medicated half the year...(!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results