shape
carat
color
clarity

How bad are your eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 12:06:05 AM
Author: Haven
I get very dizzy if I don''t wear my contacts or glasses because I have very different prescriptions in each eye.

My left eye is -4.5, my right eye is -0.75.
Wow, that''s a big difference.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, gals! I don''t feel as bad about my eyes anymore. Mine are -6 and -5. They''ve actually fluctuated in my adult years and have gotten better and worse.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 7:49:41 AM
Author: Julianna
Mine were -7.5 in the right and -8.0 in the left until I got LASIK last year. Best money I ever spent, by far. I''m 20/20 now and can see when I wake up! I had bad vision my whole life (when I was in kindergarden my parents figured out that I wasn''t doing very well in class because I couldn''t see the chalkboard) and am very grateful for the technology that vaporized my corneas. Thank you cornea vaporization! I love you!
emlove.gif
You were a candidate?! This is so exciting- last time I looked into it they told me my vision was so bad that I could get Lasik and would still need contacts. Do you mind if I ask- did the doctors give any prediction of how long you will stay 20/20, will there be any changes in the future? Thanks!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 7:55:08 AM
Author: Lorelei

I have been searching EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!!!!
If I had the emotie with the hug that wraps around itself, I''d totally use it here.
emrose.gif

I''m around! Congratulations on your 30k postings mark. Someone should send you a pony.
41.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:36:16 AM
Author: sba771

Date: 7/29/2009 7:49:41 AM
Mine were -7.5 in the right and -8.0 in the left until I got LASIK last year. Best money I ever spent, by far. I''m 20/20 now and can see when I wake up! I had bad vision my whole life (when I was in kindergarden my parents figured out that I wasn''t doing very well in class because I couldn''t see the chalkboard) and am very grateful for the technology that vaporized my corneas. Thank you cornea vaporization! I love you!
emlove.gif
You were a candidate?! This is so exciting- last time I looked into it they told me my vision was so bad that I could get Lasik and would still need contacts. Do you mind if I ask- did the doctors give any prediction of how long you will stay 20/20, will there be any changes in the future? Thanks!
They said I''ll be 20/20 forever, until age hardens up my corneas (usually happens when one hits 40ish) and then I will need reading glasses. The day after I got it I was 20/15 (day after follow-up appointment) and could see EVERYTHING, and I thought it would stay that way, but it slipped back to 20/20 by the next week. After that week it started to slide backwards and stopped at about 20/40, and then sharpened back up to 20/20 within a month. The doctor told me that the eye has an eye-equivalent of muscle memory (eyeball memory?) and tries to put itself back the way it was before the surgery, which is why it takes a while to get to the final result. I was a tidge freaked out for that first few weeks but, even with 20/40, I was running around without glasses. I''ve stayed at 20/20 for a year now, and expect that it won''t be changing again.

A good candidate has thick corneas, so a lot of people are refused because their corneas are too thin and are not viable for cutting into
37.gif
. Your eyes aren''t much worse than mine were, I don''t understand why you were told you would still need contacts. LASIK is surgery, and of course there are risks, but that seems odd nonetheless, especially if you don''t have any other problems. Maybe a second opinion is in order, or some clarification?
4.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2009 10:38:23 AM

Date: 7/29/2009 7:55:08 AM

I have been searching EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!!!!
If I had the emotie with the hug that wraps around itself, I'd totally use it here.
emrose.gif

I'm around! Congratulations on your 30k postings mark. Someone should send you a pony.
41.gif
LOL! I know a little game where you could send me one...
28.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:51:38 AM

If I had the emotie with the hug that wraps around itself, I''d totally use it here.
emrose.gif

I''m around! Congratulations on your 30k postings mark. Someone should send you a pony.
41.gif
28.gif
As such?

lor pony perhaps.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
*mini-threadjack**

OMG, Hi, Julianna!!! NAMASTE!

*threadjack over, thank you for participating!*

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 10:59:52 AM
Author: somethingshiny
*mini-threadjack**

OMG, Hi, Julianna!!! NAMASTE!

*threadjack over, thank you for participating!*
*threadjack addendum*

Hey SS!
emlove.gif

Will dedicate my next plow to you!

*end threadjack addendum*

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif

Date: 7/29/2009 10:58:32 AM

Date: 7/29/2009 10:51:38 AM

emrose.gif

41.gif
28.gif
As such?
Oooooohhh....he''s too SWEEET!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 11:15:43 AM
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
I know, I want to give him the biggest snorgle.

I''m afraid we''ve run astray of the original thread, sorry folks. Ponies. What can I say?
17.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2009 11:25:21 AM

Date: 7/29/2009 11:15:43 AM
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
I know, I want to give him the biggest snorgle.

I''m afraid we''ve run astray of the original thread, sorry folks. Ponies. What can I say?
17.gif
He NEEDS a snorgle. Thats ponies for you and especially baby ones....
30.gif

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
my hubby was -7 and had lasik - a total miracle!! after 2 days his vision was 20/20!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yay for ponies!

I''m -6 in each eye, and they won''t let me get lasik until they stay the same for a year or two. *sigh* They get worse by about .25 every year.

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2009 12:04:36 AM
Author: Haven
Date: 7/28/2009 9:50:18 PM

Author: iluvcarats

I''m -5.5 in both eyes. I also have strabismus and iritis and currently have chronic dbl vision. My optho is trying to retrain my brain with prism, and if that doesn''t work, I will need botox injections in my eye, and if that doesn''t work, I''ll need another surgery
14.gif

Bad.

My sister has strabismus. She developed double vision during her freshman year of college, and she visited her optho, who couldn''t find anything wrong for months. It turned out that stress was causing her double vision, and as soon as she settled down the double vision went away.

I hope you can find a solution to this, I know how horrible it was for my sister. (Did you have to wear a patch when you were younger? My sister did, just curious.)

Hi Haven
I did have a patch as a kid, and I had to do exercises to strengthen the muscles. The strabismus resurfaced after I had children because I was so exhausted. My optho but prism into my glasses which helped, but I became very reliant on it, and kept needing more. In time, my eye muscles just became too tired, and it was really affecting my life in a negative way. I had strabismus surgery in Dec. on my right eye. The surgery went well and corrected my double vision close-up , but my brain was so used to compensating for so many years telling my eyes what to do, that it now can''t figure out how to converge properly for my distance vision, which now on the periphery is double and sometimes triple.I see my doctor on Tuesday, so I will keep you posted.

Stress and exhaustion definitely play a big part in strabismus.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results