shape
carat
color
clarity

How bad are your eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
If you wear glasses or contact lenses, what''s your prescription? Can you see at all without the glasses or contacts?

Mine is -7.00 in both eyes and recently things have been getting blurry so I think my eyes actually got worse. Can''t see more than 2 inches in front of me without glasses or contacts on. I hate it!

Mine are like -9s.... contacts I think its -8 something??

My mom is a -10 in one eye!

I can see just inches in front of my face- as well. I would love to know what its like to wake up in the morning and to be able to see!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
ops

bebe

Ideal_Rock
well, right now I''m wearing 2.75 readers :)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure what mine is, but I think I am legally blind without my glasses, I could not function at all with out them, I cant see anything
14.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Lilac and Bean,
You sound like my husband. A few years ago he decided to have Lasik.
When he went to the consultation, he doctor told him that the FDA has not approved Lasik for eyesiight with the numbers as high as his are.

I wear contacts, and then put drugstore readers, (AKA ''cheaters'') over top to read. If I take my contacts out, I have to use one pair of glasses to do normal stuff, and another pair to read. Doctor told me bifocals were not suited for my eyes.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
i''m -7.5 in both eyes, i wanted to get laser surgery but the doctor said it would be too risky, i also wish i could wake up in the morning and not have to reach for my glasses, i can see a few inches in front of my face and then it''s all fuzz to me
emotion-15.gif

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
-7.00 in the right, -6.5 in the left. I''m still considering laser surgery. It would be great to wake up in the morning and actually be able to read the alarm clock 12 inches from my head.

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
jet2ks, i hope you have better luck than me, my eye doctor said i would have cornea issues if i did decide to go ahead with it
7.gif

audball

Ideal_Rock
-4.25 in one and -3.75 in the other. Could be worse, but it still sucks. I''ve got less than a foot in front of my face that I can see without my glasses.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Mine is -1.5 ish but it seems I need to go just a bit stronger. I can see clearly for maybe 2 feet before it gets abit fuzzy. I could function without glasses or contacts if I HAD two, I just couldn''t drive or read anything far away and would get some massive headachs.

When I first got glasses, just after I''d turned 14, I remember looking out into my back garden and thinking "WOW". I was amazed at what trees and plants looked like and could see individual little leaves instead of a big green blob.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Mine are in the -6.5 area with added astigmatism. This means very difficult to correct with laser surgery, but I''m still hoping for it within the next couple years.

1.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My contacts are -7.50 and -7.0. I wear daily disposables because I have a funky eye problem that makes wearing even the 2-week disposables impossible. I have been having problems at work with my daily lenses (I work in an old building with bad air flow), but I can''t take them out because I don''t have a pair of glasses with a current prescription. I walk around all day with bloodshot, watery eyes - people are always asking me if I have been crying. I''ve got to pick out a pair of glasses.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a 3.25 in both eyes. I just tried the new Oasys Acuvue multifocal lenses today and they are FABULOUS!!!! I am nearsighted so with contacts I always had
to have ''cheaters''. I have them in my purse, by the computer, by my bed, by the desk and on and on. I couldnt even read a text on my phone without them, and
forget about reading anything else. It drove me crazy! I have prescription glasses and sunglasses if I didnt wear contacts. I also have an eye condition that makes little bumps on the back of my eyelid. It is caused by being allergic to the protein in my eyes.

I had previously wore hard lenses but they were so uncomfortable. I kept seeing the commercials for the Bausch and Lomb lenses and I called my optomitrist
and he said to try these. I wore them today and I can see everything! I can sit at the computer without glasses and even read a book! I am so excited. Okay
who wants all my pairs of cheaters?

If you are nearsighted and over 40, give these a try! My guy is charging 45 for 3 pair and I through them away after 2 weeks!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I''m -5.5 in both eyes. I also have strabismus and iritis and currently have chronic dbl vision. My optho is trying to retrain my brain with prism, and if that doesn''t work, I will need botox injections in my eye, and if that doesn''t work, I''ll need another surgery
14.gif

Bad.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
4.50 and 5.00 with an astigmatism.

It''s bad but could be worse. And I do want laser, I''m just too chicken
32.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Was about 5.5 and 6 (R and L eye respectively). I had PRK in June, and I''m now seeing 20/20+
9.gif
For those that laser surgery is an option, I really think its worthwhile.

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
It''s been years since they''ve been checked. I know my vision has gotten worse.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
My eyes are terrible! I''ve been wearing glasses since I was 4 or 5. I''m not sure what my prescription is, but I know it''s worse than anybody else''s that I know. My friends like to play this game where they put on my glasses and then they try to pick up things. Everybody seems to love my funky prescription.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad to know that I''m not alone in the really bad vision world. I, too, wear contacts. My left is worse at -7.5, and my right is -5.75. I also have dry eye, so I use drops for that. My eye doctor wanted me to try Restasis, but I hated it. I did the correct dosage, but still had drainage in my sinus and back of my throat and had this awful chemical taste all the time. Ick.

I, too, dream of waking up and seeing. If I could have three selfish wishes (you know, only for you and not world peace, etc.), then my first wish is definitely perfect vision.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 9:50:18 PM
Author: iluvcarats
I'm -5.5 in both eyes. I also have strabismus and iritis and currently have chronic dbl vision. My optho is trying to retrain my brain with prism, and if that doesn't work, I will need botox injections in my eye, and if that doesn't work, I'll need another surgery
14.gif

Bad.

My sister has strabismus. She developed double vision during her freshman year of college, and she visited her optho, who couldn't find anything wrong for months. It turned out that stress was causing her double vision, and as soon as she settled down the double vision went away.

I hope you can find a solution to this, I know how horrible it was for my sister. (Did you have to wear a patch when you were younger? My sister did, just curious.)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get very dizzy if I don''t wear my contacts or glasses because I have very different prescriptions in each eye.

My left eye is -4.5, my right eye is -0.75.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/28/2009 7:30:52 PM
Author: ficklefaye
jet2ks, i hope you have better luck than me, my eye doctor said i would have cornea issues if i did decide to go ahead with it
7.gif
If I do, I think it is going to have to be PRK, like AG had (so glad to hear yours went well). I had a corneal ulcer several years ago, so LASIK is probably not an option for that eye. I haven''t had an exam by a surgeon yet, but I''ve had a couple of optometrists who think I would be a good candidate.

deegee, which daily disposables do you use? I had to try several disposable options, both daily and extended, before finding one that worked well.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
$600 - $800 worth of bad, according to my optician.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
-8.5 and -7.5 but I can''t see very well at the moment but sadly my eye doctor is in the US so no new contacts until Christmas. Since I don''t drive here its ok- if I were driving I would seek out a doctor asap.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Mine were -7.5 in the right and -8.0 in the left until I got LASIK last year. Best money I ever spent, by far. I''m 20/20 now and can see when I wake up! I had bad vision my whole life (when I was in kindergarden my parents figured out that I wasn''t doing very well in class because I couldn''t see the chalkboard) and am very grateful for the technology that vaporized my corneas. Thank you cornea vaporization! I love you!
emlove.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2009 7:49:41 AM
Author: Julianna
Mine were -7.5 in the right and -8.0 in the left until I got LASIK last year. Best money I ever spent, by far. I''m 20/20 now and can see when I wake up! I had bad vision my whole life (when I was in kindergarden my parents figured out that I wasn''t doing very well in class because I couldn''t see the chalkboard) and am very grateful for the technology that vaporized my corneas. Thank you cornea vaporization! I love you!
emlove.gif
I have been searching EVERYWHERE FOR YOU!!!!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Until 2005, -7 in one eye,n -6.5 in the other. Had LASIK that spring. Right now, have settled in at -1.5 and -1.25 and am wearing glasses again daily. Luckily my LASIK comes with a lifetime touchup, so I''m doing that this autumn, 4.5 years after the original surgery. Hopefully this time will stick.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I believe I'm -1.50 in both eyes. It's really not that bad so I only wear my glasses for driving or watching tv.

ETA: I get a headache trying to focus on thing up close while wearing my glasses. I can read with them or use a computer, it's just uncomfortable. I recently got contacts that seem great for some situations, but not for work where I need to look at a computer screen most of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results