shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pecan pie!!!

Hubby absolutely loves loves loves this dessert. He had it at a conference in San Jose and asked me to make it. I was skeptical (nuts and a gooey custard thing???) but now it's our family staple.

Towards the end of my pregnancy I made a huge batch for him thinking "Goodness knows when we'll ever have these again." Haha my prediction was true. The baby was so difficult we didn't have these again for years!!! I think I made them again when he was about 5 yrs old.

IMG_20200706_185247.jpg

Love pecan pie!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Since I've had successes with basic milk bread and castella, I decided to try a chocolate roll cake. Way above my skill level and I almost gave up after badly messing up the chocolate cream twice, but persistence paid off and it actually looked better than I expected. Not sure if I'm brave enough to try it again but at least I can say I made it once. LOL!
20200707_200818.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I've had successes with basic milk bread and castella, I decided to try a chocolate roll cake. Way above my skill level and I almost gave up after badly messing up the chocolate cream twice, but persistence paid off and it actually looked better than I expected. Not sure if I'm brave enough to try it again but at least I can say I made it once. LOL!
20200707_200818.jpg

Oh well done!!! It's beautiful!

I've tried this three times in my life. Only got a decent roll once! I never went there again

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday was my husband’s birthday and we splurged with a Chinese take out feast. Lobster, Peking duck, seafood noodles, soup dumplings and black pepper filet mignon. F78CF01E-F48A-42AC-9CD4-DE5899AFF265.jpeg on

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday was my husband’s birthday and we splurged with a Chinese take out feast. Lobster, Peking duck, seafood noodles, soup dumplings and black pepper filet mignon. F78CF01E-F48A-42AC-9CD4-DE5899AFF265.jpeg on

ohhhhh super yum!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My fav Chiles Rellenos and part of a chicken burrito from my favorite Mexican place. Homemade delish. Their corn tortillas are the best. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm And a giant mango for dessert.

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything looks delicious! I've had nothing but instant mashed potatoes, microwaved mini shell macaroni & cheese, pudding, and gelato since Monday. Looking forward to real food again in the near future!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lychee is my favorite fruit. I have never ate Lychee cake but I love fresh mango cake... :lickout:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of lychee cake either but i love lychees, fresh, canned, juice, liqueur, cake is bound to be yummy

Mango cake sounds good too

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday was my husband’s birthday and we splurged with a Chinese take out feast. Lobster, Peking duck, seafood noodles, soup dumplings and black pepper filet mignon. F78CF01E-F48A-42AC-9CD4-DE5899AFF265.jpeg
How come I wasn't invited?? ... boohoo1.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol Tuesday night if it works out!!!

Very excitting !
Im watching week 3 of Australian mastercheif and we are getting the masterclass
Ive never seen them screened here before - although ive only watched the last 3 or 4 years, not from the beggining
Trouble is im now starving watching this even though we had tea only 2 hours ago :mrgreen2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look what I found this week! Discounted as well!!!!

Papples!!!!

DS7 loves them because they taste like nashis but without the sour bit in the middle.

IMG_20200713_141828.jpg

IMG_20200713_141835.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Look what I found this week! Discounted as well!!!!

Papples!!!!

DS7 loves them because they taste like nashis but without the sour bit in the middle.

IMG_20200713_141828.jpg

IMG_20200713_141835.jpg

I love nashis
Ill keep an eye out for them

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A little cooler outside today--where is our summer? So I popped some short ribs and veggies in the oven 4 hours ago....smell good! And they were on sale at the market--bonus!

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lychee cake day @mellowyellowgirl

Can i please ask you something about mastercheif ?
We are only on week 3 and its very obvesouse its filmed pre any sort of covid troubles
I know its getting close to the final for you guys
what did they do durring the lockdown and subsequent restrictions ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its Gary's birthday next month and i was planning on making him a Jamie oliver 5 ingrediant dinner with lamb, curry and eggplant
except we don't really do eggplant in this house so i was going to sub in zucchini
But holy cow !
$21 kg right now

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lychee chiffon cake with a lychee white chocolate whipped cream

I was waiting to cross the road at a crossing when inspiration for this cake just hit me! I'd always thought extracting lychee flavor would be as issue but then I had this revelation just out on the street one day.

IMG_20200714_224433.jpg IMG_20200715_000802.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its Gary's birthday next month and i was planning on making him a Jamie oliver 5 ingrediant dinner with lamb, curry and eggplant
except we don't really do eggplant in this house so i was going to sub in zucchini
But holy cow !
$21 kg right now

For zucchini????

That's one veggie I'm not fond of. I always find it bitter! Which is weird because some people find eggplant bitter but it's never been bitter for me.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ Looks super yummy!

I *love* crustless quiche almost more than traditional pastry quiche ... I make an egg-based casserole-y meal at least one night a week and got hung into a Mexican version and an artichoke/sun-dried tomato version, and now you've inspired me to alternate in the tomato/spinach/feta combo ... thank you jaysonsmom!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
^ Looks super yummy!

I *love* crustless quiche almost more than traditional pastry quiche ... I make an egg-based casserole-y meal at least one night a week and got hung into a Mexican version and an artichoke/sun-dried tomato version, and now you've inspired me to alternate in the tomato/spinach/feta combo ... thank you jaysonsmom!

The quiche came out quite good if I say so myself! I was afraid it would be too salty with feta, but the grape tomato’s sweetness after baking was a perfect balance. I made gourmet roast beef sandwiches for the meat eaters of the family....roast beef, horseradish mayo, pepper jack cheese and arugula. 2E1430DF-3A2D-4183-A39B-111341D140B5.jpeg 2F7E005D-C2AA-4D59-A75C-5A21BCB9ACF3.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For zucchini????

That's one veggie I'm not fond of. I always find it bitter! Which is weird because some people find eggplant bitter but it's never been bitter for me.

I kind of like it
Its nice halved and baked with cheese and bacon :kiss2:
Its a good flavour soaker upper in curries, soups and stews if you put them in about half way through
i also grate them up as fillers and extenders in mince dishes
I would love to try and stuff the flowers but the slugs and snails enjoyed my plants this year :angryfire:

but egg plant i am afraid of

voce

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl I guess you might not be a fan of butter melon either?

@Daisys and Diamonds for eggplant, I think the particular species does have an impact on how butter it is. The Japanese method to remove bitterness works this way. 1) generously salt the chopped eggplant pieces 2) squeeze the liquid out and 3) rinse the salt away. The bitterness will come out with the eggplant liquid, and you can do whatever you want with it afterwards.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@voce I love it!!!! Because it's meant to be bitter!!!

Love it stir fried with eggs! I can eat a giant bowl of that without rice even!!!!

I think I get very offended when things that shouldn't be bitter are bitter! Like zucchini! I'm sure I'm just getting bad stock!

voce

Ideal_Rock
@voce I love it!!!! Because it's meant to be bitter!!!

Love it stir fried with eggs! I can eat a giant bowl of that without rice even!!!!

I think I get very offended when things that shouldn't be bitter are bitter! Like zucchini! I'm sure I'm just getting bad stock!

Yeah, I think this also has to do with the particular zucchini species that you are sold. My parents grow a variety that isn't bitter at all. The zucchinis and pumpkins are thriving right now in their garden, but the bitter melon have not borne fruit! Not sure if I'll get to enjoy bitter melon at all this year, since we don't buy gourds and melons at the market except for watermelon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results