shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is delicious!

I dump a bunch of balsamic into a pan and reduce. Add juice of one lemon and a big spoon of honey and keep lightly simmering until thick.

The recipe I adapted this from has you spoon it on 20 minutes to done, but it usually slides right off. This time, I set them right down in the sauce and spooned it on both sides. Sitting in it got a good layer soaked in so when I put it in the oven to stay warm until serving, it just stayed in place. One last spoon over as plating. Worked great!

The chickens (or turkey... Greath for Thanksgiving!) get salt/pepper/oil and roast (or cook on smoker) until nearly cooked. Then add glaze.

That's fantastic. Thank you so much, @TooPatient. I will try it next time I make a chicken (I've never made a turkey and don't think I will...too scared to handle such a big bird, lol).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made sourdough bread on Mother’s Day turned out perfect. Made it again the other day for our clams & pasta dinner and the dough did not rise. Same ingredients. Baking is a funny thing sometimes, isn’t it?

i feel your pain
how disappointing

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's fantastic. Thank you so much, @TooPatient. I will try it next time I make a chicken (I've never made a turkey and don't think I will...too scared to handle such a big bird, lol).

You can find smaller turkeys (4-5 pounds or less) or just do a leg or breast or whatever you prefer. Definitely easier to handle than the big ones!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
all is well in the world (...well if only) but i feel happier knowing Missy and Greg had icecream down the shore

Aww, thank you @Daisys and Diamonds and I look forward to the day you and your sweetie can join us here.

Here ya go. Yesterday's selection. It was delish.

It looks green lol but it isn't. It's Madagascar Vanilla and Salted Caramel. Both dairy free. Greg had moose tracks. That used to be my fave flavor when I could eat dairy.

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 6.48.42 AM.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today’s lunch.

A643E3CC-FA53-43CD-ABEB-888DD1804135.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made sourdough bread on Mother’s Day turned out perfect. Made it again the other day for our clams & pasta dinner and the dough did not rise. Same ingredients. Baking is a funny thing sometimes, isn’t it?

it happened to me last night
i made choc chip cookies (kiwi biscuits) i know i used too much sugar 1/3 instead of 1/2 but the mix seemed really wet
i ended up with a slice and it didn't taste as good as usual
i think it needed more mixing and more flour .....?? or less sugar ?? or i should have measured the condenced milk :lol-2:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20200531_225828.jpg
Third time's the charm! After 2 tries for simple bread that didn't turn out so good, I tried a "milk bread" recipe today and it actually came out really good! I was nervous right up until I cut it open, last 2 tries looked fine on the outside too but tasted... I threw away the 1st and 2nd I didn't even give it to the kids.

I did make it with bread flour, which I found miraculously at Target while I was trying to buy a kiddy pool (which they were completely out of).

So now here I am sitting in bed, eating bread, and drinking wine at 11 at night. Simple joy!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is how this Aussie makes Mac and Cheese. My son likes extra things added like spinach, mushrooms, bacon, asparagus etc. Please don't vote me off the island Americans :P2

IMG_20200601_133710.jpg

Now something that I actually do make authentically.

Shaking beef with red rice

IMG_20200601_180851.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is how this Aussie makes Mac and Cheese. My son likes extra things added like spinach, mushrooms, bacon, asparagus etc. Please don't vote me off the island Americans :P2

IMG_20200601_133710.jpg

IMG_20200601_180851.jpg

:lol-2:
i think its pizzas from our part that our American friends would get upset over :mrgreen2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
rhubarb and raspberry loaf
we only have a young rhubarb plant so its taken a while to stash a cup full in the freezer

Attachments

• 20200601_202349.jpg
    20200601_202349.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 31

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is almost 5am. I just finished a glass of red wine and am enjoying the rest of the chocolate I pulled out to go with it. No, I haven't been to bed yet. (I have a quiz in 4 hours and have been studying.)

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
it happened to me last night
i made choc chip cookies (kiwi biscuits) i know i used too much sugar 1/3 instead of 1/2 but the mix seemed really wet
i ended up with a slice and it didn't taste as good as usual
i think it needed more mixing and more flour .....?? or less sugar ?? or i should have measured the condenced milk :lol-2:

Haha I can’t waste food so I still baked my bread last week even tho it was a thinner loaf than usual. Lol
I’m making coconut bread for
my family today- their favorite- so it better come out delicious because it’s so easy to make.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock

IMG_20200601_133710.jpg

IMG_20200601_180851.jpg

I love shaking beef!!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@xsouzie Youre going to need to give up your canadian card if you're calling that poutine! Get thee some curds!

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
@xsouzie Youre going to need to give up your canadian card if you're calling that poutine! Get thee some curds!

LOL!! I just used what I had in my fridge...which was a block of marbled cheese :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not mine but oh I wish it was :lickout:

C7384AD9-2B5E-4C19-A8C8-824DDECE7497.jpeg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl were you happy with your gnocchi recipe? If so, can u share it? I’ve been looking for a good one.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl were you happy with your gnocchi recipe? If so, can u share it? I’ve been looking for a good one.

I love that recipe! I've been using it for years!

Ok so the lady who posted this got the recipe from a chef who is known for her gnocchi. I find them lovely and light which is a feat considering it's a carb dish!

Two things to note:

I'm a lazy gremlin so I boil my potatoes

I'm a cheap gremlin so I just use whatever potato is cheap

I don't use any of the eggs at all because everytime I've tried to use the eggs it's a very wet dough that is really hard to handle. After a while I just decided to omit all the egg.

Honestly can't remember what it was like with egg anymore. It's really light and tender without egg.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm learning to pipe via YouTube videos and this is my latest effort.

Pretty proud of myself!

They are vanilla cupcakes because I looooooove vanilla cupcakes and forever in the search for the perfect cupcake recipe piped perfectly.

IMG-20200606-WA0008.jpg IMG-20200606-WA0007.jpg IMG-20200606-WA0006.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results