shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you eating during the virus lockdown?

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
@1ofakind Get some gel toe separators. They cured my chronic plantar fasciitis. My remicade infusions help too, but it was the toe separators that went the extra mile and allowed me to be able to wear some different shoes as well. I got mine on Amazon and now I only have to use them occasionally.

I’m not familiar with those for PF. Can you share a link or pic?
I’ve been sleeping in splints (inconsistently :???:) and taping my feet when I have to be standing a lot. Unfortunately I can no longer take any anti inflammator/NSAIDS which really helped last time it was this bad.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
Umm... eating about the same calorie wise and probably better quality since it is all homemade now; but I would say we are drinking more wine!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I eat to live not the other way around; so I always cook a lot. But now my snobbery is getting the best of me! No outside happy hour at great eateries! waa waaaa waaaaaaaaaa

cheers--Sharon

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've created a monster @mrs-b

I shall haunt this thread incessantly and keep posting food pics.

Orange Buttercake in the shape of Christmas trees and gingerbread people because why not!

IMG_20200403_144304.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Question: is anyone making their own pasta? I dislike pasta and do not eat it unless I make my own. And gnocchi.

Another Q: are people revisiting their old recipes? Creating new ones? Experimenting? Learning how to cook? Or teaching others?

These are challenging times. Food notwithstanding.

cheers--Sharon

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Orange Buttercake in the shape of Christmas trees and gingerbread people because why not!

IMG_20200403_144304.jpg

No reason I can think of! THese look great, @mellowyellowgirl! Milk chocolate icing?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My chocolate cake had a faint funny taste, i think I'll keep the olive oil for bread and keep using butter in my baking (except my carrot banana cake)
Still first chocolate cake i ever made turned out pretty good

20200403_214912.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_20200403_144304.jpg

Tell us more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Recipe? And, where are the molds from? I would love to find these.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m potentially losing weight because I’m carefully rationing, but also not getting my morning lattes and weekly takeout food.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I just add a photo, pls? I *just* got off the phone with my gastro after a really horrible ulcerative colitis flare and a trip to hospital last week, during which a bunch of blood tests were taken which were pretty worrying (checked me out for liver cancer post endometrial cancer last year and a 'probably Lynch Syndrome' diagnosis this year). Apparently all the worrying blood readings were due to infection and inflammation, which, while horrible, just aren't in the same league as liver cancer.

So while I was getting all that good news, I snapped a photo from Zoom while we were chatting. I am SO RELIEVED!

And also - I'm doing keto and have been continuing it during this lockdown. It normally agrees with me - a lot - but it's such a simple diet, cooking is largely off the table (so to speak) as an activity. So I'm not gaining weight, but I'm pretty damn bored....

Facetune_02-04-2020-08-05-44.jpg

ETA I can't drink on keto, but I would LOVE a large glass of celebratory wine right about now!

Glad you’re cancer free. I’m sorry you’re really going through it right now Mrs. B. My son has UC and I know how bad it can be. Big hugs to you. One good thing about this quarantine is you can be forced to rest. You can’t be compelled to do to much. This may be just what the doctor ordered (for all of us.) You look great for all that you’re going through btw...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell us more!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Recipe? And, where are the molds from? I would love to find these.

Do you live in the US?

The tins are Nordic ware which is a brand that's really easy to get in the US I've heard.

I got mine from William Sonoma in Australia.

Here is the recipe. I didn't bother separating the eggs and the cakes are still very light and fluffy. Too much effort to take that extra step for me!

Here is another tin I have that's super Christmassy

IMG_20191210_164852.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Creamy chicken, mushroom and asparagus pasta for the boys

I only eat cabonara and gnocchi with scallops! I dislike pasta in general but it's easy and they eat a lot!

IMG_20200403_172722.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl - Thank you! Found on Amazon! gingerbread I will definitely give this recipe a go! I was searching for recipes after I saw your post, and would say these cakes are definitely not a thing in the US, but they should be! You reduce the time in the oven due to smaller size - maybe 25 minutes or so in the oven?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl - Thank you! Found on Amazon! gingerbread I will definitely give this recipe a go! I was searching for recipes after I saw your post, and would say these cakes are definitely not a thing in the US, but they should be! You reduce the time in the oven due to smaller size - maybe 25 minutes or so in the oven?

Yes! About 20 to 25 min depending on your oven!

I have another super adorable Christmas tin! When I bake with it I'll tag you in a pic!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I’ve been going a bit overboard on cooking. We also have a decent home gym so my weight is staying stable. DH is losing a bit, which is good.

I make my own beer and have several that are lower than 5%ABV. I’m also the beer version of a sommelier (an excuse to drink more beer). We average about one alcoholic drink per day, but the alcohol content isn’t very high. We are talking about maybe doing dry Monday to Friday and then leave drinking for the weekends.

Cooking and creating meal pairings is kind of my hobby so this is the time for it.

9A1E1941-98B6-4E18-8F01-DFA055B49B90.jpeg 81259B9C-4D85-480E-AF73-2B01576C2160.jpeg A03A507F-B577-4CF5-8011-75950DE7DCD1.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been going a bit overboard on cooking. We also have a decent home gym so my weight is staying stable. DH is losing a bit, which is good.

I make my own beer and have several that are lower than 5%ABV. I’m also the beer version of a sommelier We average about one alcoholic drink per day, but the alcohol content isn’t very high. We are talking about maybe doing dry Monday to Friday and then leave drinking for the weekends.

Cooking and creating meal pairings is kind of my hobby so this is the time for it.

9A1E1941-98B6-4E18-8F01-DFA055B49B90.jpeg 81259B9C-4D85-480E-AF73-2B01576C2160.jpeg A03A507F-B577-4CF5-8011-75950DE7DCD1.jpeg

That all looks incredible. Are those sweet potato fries?
And that chocolate cake. OMG.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, so glad to hear your test results were good! I am sure that is a large weight of concern taken away. If at all possible, I say have at least one of your favorite things to celebrate!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I make my own beer and have several that are lower than 5%ABV. I’m also the beer version of a sommelier (an excuse to drink more beer). We average about one alcoholic drink per day, but the alcohol content isn’t very high. We are talking about maybe doing dry Monday to Friday and then leave drinking for the weekends.

When are you inviting me over for dinner?!;))

Wow! Just wow!! :lickout:

And is that seared tuna or steak in the first pic? (I think it's a nice rare steak).

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am going to make Carolyn Ketchum's (alldayidreamaboutfood.com) Slow cooker Dark Chocolate cake, and pull out my ice cream maker (Breville) and make some ice cream to go on top. The cake takes about 2 1/2 hours on low, and hey, I've got plenty of time.

I took out a rib eye that didn't get grilled and hubby is going to smoke a half pack (Costco size) of chicken thighs.

I am impressed that some of you are losing a fair about of weight. I am going to stick to my Keto diet much better. You have all helped my resolve. The cake and ice cream are both Keto recipes.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am super jealous of those of you that can indulge in sugar, chocolate and dairy, lol. Those are strictly on my not-to-eat list.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
That all looks incredible. Are those sweet potato fries?
And that chocolate cake. OMG.

Thank you! Yes they are sweet potato fries with a chipotle aioli. They’re a little overcooked, but still tasty.

The chocolate cake was supposed to be brownies, but the texture is a bit off. I used dark chocolate and added some cayenne pepper to act in contrast to the sour cherry beer.

Overall having fun playing chef at home.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
When are you inviting me over for dinner?!;))

Wow! Just wow!! :lickout:

And is that seared tuna or steak in the first pic? (I think it's a nice rare steak).

Haha if only we were allowed to have visitors! Thank you!

It’s a seared tuna steak. DH doesn’t eat red meat so steak is a rare occurrence in our house. I have a few nice ones in the freezer waiting for grilling weather.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha if only we were allowed to have visitors! Thank you!

It’s a seared tuna steak. DH doesn’t eat red meat so steak is a rare occurrence in our house. I have a few nice ones in the freezer waiting for grilling weather.

I should have guessed it was tuna bc you have a wedge of lemon there.

I am sooo hungry looking at yr pics!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, you guys are cooking and eating some amazing stuff! I wish I was a baker, but alas, a few times I tried in the past they did not turn out so good. My poor kids are missing out on some great quarantine baked goods! LOL.

I'm definitely eating more, less healthy, and most likely gaining weight. I'm trying to gather enough courage to get on the scale. Between the general stress of the situation, working non-stop at home, means lots of unhealthy snacking. Chocolate chip cookies are my weakness. I haven't been drinking much but I signed up for a wine subscription service and I'm expecting 6 bottles on Monday. So that's about to change as well.

I'm still rocking my cane so very little I can do in regards to exercising. Trying to get least get some short walks every day.

I'm not looking forward to the part where I have to fit into my regular clothes!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh wow! They all look absolutely amazing. I wish I could cook and present food like that. This is me, sadly:

DEEF83C1-8C87-4629-993D-C121D5D7895F.jpeg

In answer to the original question of how are you eating, we are eating frequently and with great gusto. Easter eggs in particular are going down a treat. But it’s very important to keep up morale at the moment and little does that better than chocolate for me!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My weight and exercise routine is stable. I used to walk to work every day, but now I'm working from home so just go for daily exercise walks early in the morning instead. While respecting social distancing of course!

I bought a mini-stepper in December and use it multiple times a day in front of the TV. Love it! Such an easy way to get a little weight-bearing cardio, all with a machine with a very small footprint.

My alcohol consumption is also unchanged. I don't drink much to begin with, and still don't.

Really the biggest changes for me are working from home full-time, and having the kids home out of school all day (yikes).

Anne

Hi, @anne_h ! Which mini-stepper model do you have? Do you find that you can get a really good sweat going? Would love to hear your thoughts. 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results