shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you coping with isolation?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though I am still working it is starting to wear on me. Especially when I read about some states initiating curfews or states not allowing people to purchase non-essential items when they are in a store that offers them along with grocery items. I am all for being socially responsible but some of the new rules seem cloying to me. The virus does not spread any faster after 9 pm then before it and it seems crazy not to be able to go to the store and buy Benadryl because it is after 9 pm. Or to forgo buying hair products that are one aisle down from the garbage bags.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear you! The reason I am such a stellar introvert is because I love projects.
Meanwhile, cannot get materials for projects. New garden, ready to turn the soil and plant, but no tools or plants. If only I had not put off buying garden supplies. Ah well.

At least we are all in this together and eventually it will be better!
Yesterday made this tableau out of my recyle bin contents and junk drawer for amusement, but would really like to be doing something a little more productive!
55DEACCB-C274-4FBB-9375-FE6F90E3A7FB.jpeg

You are sooooooooo talented @Jimmianne!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not an introvert but I like alone time. I'm not a homebody but I don't mind having some extra time at home. I am missing people and going out but I haven't felt truly isolated until the last few days. A friend has died and as terrible as that is to deal with we all have to deal with it alone. We can group chat/text and virtually toast her beautiful life, her contagious smile and joyful spirit. But it is not at all enough. I feel like it's all just on hold and when we can all go out again the real grieving for our dear friend will just begin. I can't bake enough cookies to compensate. I can't sew enough masks to make it Ok. I'm trying to focus on things I can do but the walls are closing in.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not being very productive these days. But I find that if I do too much one day, I feel a bit deflated the next day. A few days ago I was absolutely stir crazy and said I was going to go shopping, lol. My husband asked where I was going to go. I said NOWHERE, I can't go out, are you CRAZY? Lol. Sometimes I just have to let off a bit of steam and carry on. I haven't left the house at all in a month.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am starting to feel a little short tempered myself. I am an introvert, but this is a little too much alone time even for me...

Very nice @Jimmianne I enjoyed looking at your art project very much. Thank you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think my toes are spreading from not wearing shoes for so long...

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
I am finding my mood is a bit up and down. I would describe myself as an introvert who appears confident in social situations. I enjoy having a small circle of people around me I can trust and I need alone time on a reasonably regular basis.
I love my home and spending time here but now the 'choice' of whether to go out has been effectively taken away I feel rather claustrophobic and it's making me crabby!
Lots of my time out of the house is spent in quiet outdoor places and I really miss not being able to get to my usual haunts. I don't particularly miss shops being closed but do miss not being able to go out for a coffee or for a mooch around a few favourite shopping places. :oops2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am starting to feel a little short tempered myself. I am an introvert, but this is a little too much alone time even for me...

Very nice @Jimmianne I enjoyed looking at your art project very much. Thank you.

I hear ya!!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was gonna vacuum today but I dusted instead. I'll have nothing to do tomorrow if I do the floors today.:twirl:

cheers--Sharon

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think my toes are spreading from not wearing shoes for so long...
You bring me joy :lol:

I'm fine with being at home, I'm a true introvert and I don't miss being around people and having to "act up".

What I'm having trouble is being confined to a home with bossy and nosy husband, 2 toddlers, and MIL. I miss the ME time, just commuting to work and no one to be responsible for just a few hours a day. Work is unproductive because I'm so distracted.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cleaned on Monday, made dumplings from scratch yesterday, and cleaned bling today. I definitely like to stay busy during the day, but at night it’s all about movies. I need rom coms right now.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something else I can do with time on my side, to update the homepage of my old car's blog with pictures of her adventures.
I meant to do that when I took the site contents down in 2008, however, never got round to it yet.

I really should sort out the mails and documents that I had accumulated in the past 13 years too, and burn those that are more than 7 years old. :roll2:

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cats are dealing well with the continued isolation. They are meditating more than often and really cooperating except for at mealtimes when they act as if we are rationing their food. Which we are not. Oliver and Gracie attack the food as if it was the first time they saw food in a month. At least we don't have to clean their plates lol.

Here is Oliver meditating with his eyes open.

Here are Oliver and Gracie practicing social adjacency. Yeah I know. But they are cats.

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.09.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.09.17 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.09.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.08.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.08.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.08.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 7.08.12 AM.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Has Oliver settled down any thanks to your gift of Gracie to him?
Those two...

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
« PriceScope will be conducting a server maintenance April 13th about @ 1 am CST.

It will includes bug fixes, and security updates.
If all goes well, the forum should only be down for about 3 hour.
We apologize for any inconvenience ».

Um...inconvenience?
What am I going to do for THREE HOURS on the 13th???
:errrr::eek2::errrr:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Has Oliver settled down any thanks to your gift of Gracie to him?
Those two...

He isn't biting (hardly any biting) anymore. And Gracie and Oliver hang out almost all the time. So success and our plan worked. Unfortunately everyone is bullying Tommy as he is the "weak" member and it upsets me but we do our best to protect him and it has helped having Gracie here for Oliver. Those two indeed. LOL.

Did you like my "social adjacency" photos?

:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
« PriceScope will be conducting a server maintenance April 13th about @ 1 am CST.

It will includes bug fixes, and security updates.
If all goes well, the forum should only be down for about 3 hour.
We apologize for any inconvenience ».

Um...inconvenience?
What am I going to do for THREE HOURS on the 13th???
:errrr::eek2::errrr:

You have no idea how upset I am at this news too. LOL no you get it. Both you and I are up early morning hours and generally these updates take way longer than 3 hours. ;( ;( ;(

I know it has to be done and no criticism from me but I am very anxious about no PS during that time. :|

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niffler75 I must admit, I did panic a bit about the server maintenance. As long as the format stays the same this time, I'm okay with it. I hate having to relearn everything!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember the 24 hour thread... that stayed up for like 3 days? :lol:

That may have been under Irina and Leonid though -- I can't remember that far back!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm feeling down today, both physically and mentally. All I want to do is hunker down, try to enjoy what little things we can, and have hope that one day things will get better. Not back to the way things have been, but better than today. But DH wants to talk about all the what ifs, worst case scenarios, things that may or may not happen, and be "prepared". And maybe my approach isn't the smartest but I desperately want to hang onto hope. I want to be happy in today because our kids are healthy and happy, we still have toilet paper and our jobs. I have no idea how we "prepare" for the future that is so unknown, but it's seriously wearing me down.

DH is not the person I want to go through the global crisis with.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Babyblue033 ((hugs)) My hubbie went into 'caveman mode' when things started kicking off 3 weeks ago. He kept turning up at home with bags of tinned beans, pot noodles spare batteries. TBH it stressed me out a bit. He has settled a bit and so have I!
High levels of stress i guess makes people go into their default 'survival mode'. :blackeye:Does he know how you feel?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2DD22E8F-9E1B-449C-A1EC-DE2958289D03.jpeg
This weekend I’ll be cleaning up The Storage Containers In The Lazy Susan disaster. Gotta say... I’m strangely excited about this upcoming project. :lol:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It is happening at a time when I would need distraction the most. Having lost my two cats, we are losing our family member to cancer now, so there will be another “funeral”, no social gatherings now. Yesterday I had dental surgery. Work is my passion and I cannot work now. Cannot create, cannot travel, things I love so much and that distract me.

But I am surprisingly patient and I am always a positive person. I am social but with age I have become more introverted. I am happy at home too. It is a bit catatonic but in times of grief it is like that anyhow. I have learnt to be patient with myself too. We have to accept the things we cannot change.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is happening at a time when I would need distraction the most. Having lost my two cats, we are losing our family member to cancer now, so there will be another “funeral”, no social gatherings now. Yesterday I had dental surgery. Work is my passion and I cannot work now. Cannot create, cannot travel, things I love so much and that distract me.

But I am surprisingly patient and I am always a positive person. I am social but with age I have become more introverted. I am happy at home too. It is a bit catatonic but in times of grief it is like that anyhow. I have learnt to be patient with myself too. We have to accept the things we cannot change.

Dear O you remain in my thoughts and prayers. I have emailed you. (((HUGS))).

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was excited to get my cylinders of wild bird seed today. Basically, we're spending all of our money on food to feed people, dogs and wild birds. I realized too late that I accidentally bought a cylinder that won't survive 1 night because it has nuts in it. The raccoons disassemble the entire feeder by hand to get at that stuff!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results