shape
carat
color
clarity

How are these diamonds held in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.signedpieces.com/item.cfm?item_id=809

I would love to buy this ring (or something similar) for my hubby but I wonder how the diamonds are held in place. Would they be safe with normal everyday wear? (he would take it off for gardening, car maintainence etc).

Thank you
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those settings are pretty safe as they are sitting in a "seat" within the metal. I''ve heard them called "Gypsy" set, I think.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 8:35:31 AM
Author: Chrono
Those settings are pretty safe as they are sitting in a ''seat'' within the metal. I''ve heard them called ''Gypsy'' set, I think.
Can you elaborate on the seat, as I still can''t see how they can be that safe with nothing over the top of the diamond?
33.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very, very nice pick maisie!
36.gif
i like it!
that is actually one of the safest types of settings. as chrono mentioned, it is known as a ''gypsy'' setting. i''ve also heard it called ''brushed in''. there may be other names for it as well. you could think of it like a bezel setting, where the girdle of the diamond sits in a seat and a bit of metal comes over the top and holds it in.

psphotopic_45.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, that makes sense. You just can''t see that in the pic.

Thanks belle!

And yes, I too love that setting Maise!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yey!!!
36.gif

Thanks ladies! Its the nicest one I have seen so far!!!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re welcome
2.gif

does hubby know he''s getting a band maisie? how is your search coming?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
cool graphic belle..I learn something new here everyday
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
He knows he is getting a band but he won''t know what its like until we renew our vows in Jamaica. My search is at a standstill for a few weeks as Gary decided to get someone in to do the garden! I was slightly unhappy about having to wait longer but it will be worth it when the bombsite is sorted! Here is a picture to show you just how bad it is:

maisiegarden.JPG

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Maisiebelle- I love that ring. I''m actually thinking of getting the Asscher one for my FI as his wedding band. He has seen it and loves it too. Since I have an asscher we thought it would be cool to have at least the same matching stone. If you do get it please post pics. We still have a little over a year till our wedding day so I''ve got a while till i have to purchase it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have also heard it called "burnished" or "flush-set." I really like that band!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I like that!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 9:50:03 AM
Author: Maisiebelle
Yey!!!
36.gif

Thanks ladies! Its the nicest one I have seen so far!!!!!
it''s lovely - but do you think the man could handle wearing "princess" diamonds? hehehe ;-)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh thats nice PS!!!

lol cehra!!! Maybe I should look for round brilliant - even though is is very slim he is rather clever!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results