shape
carat
color
clarity

How Are the optics on this Diamond? Idealscope and ASET attc

platinov

Rough_Rock
Please help me evaluate this stone based on the idealscope and aset image. HCA score = 1.7

Is the light return decent?

Is this a true hearts and Arrows diamond?

Thank you!

gia_28.jpg

gia_30.jpg

gia_6173702001-aset_0.jpg

gia_6173702001-aset_black__fancy_-01.jpg

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: How Are the optics on this Diamond? Idealscope and ASET

platinov|1478797720|4096407 said:
Please help me evaluate this stone based on the idealscope and aset image. HCA score = 1.7

Is the light return decent? Yes

Is this a true hearts and Arrows diamond? No, the hearts do not meet the standard for h&a in any system I know of.

Thank you!

platinov

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your response.

A final question with respect to light return/fire, would you recommend buying this diamond and do you think its overall "sparkle" is top-notch?

Thank you!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Due to forum rules, I cant tell you to buy it or not.
All I am allowed to do is answer technical questions except under limited circumstances which don't apply here.

platinov

Rough_Rock

Excuses the improper phrasing of the question.

In a more objective view on a scale of 1-10 based on you professional opinion, how would you grade the optics?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

what are the numbers

platinov

Rough_Rock

PROPORTIONS

Depth
62.0 %
Table
57 %
Crown Angle
35.0°
Crown Height
15.0%
Pavilion Angle
40.8°
Pavilion Depth
43.0%
Star Length
50%
Lower Half
80%
Girdle
Slightly Thick, Faceted, 4.0%
Culet
None

FINISH

Polish
Excellent
Symmetry
Excellent

platinov

Rough_Rock

May i ask what gives you that impression. The Diamond is recently GIA certified, and the certificate mentions nothing about painting.

Would the GIA certify a painted diamond?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

From the ASET/idealscope. I'm not an expert by any means, particularly when it comes to these nuisances. GIA heavily penalise painting and digging, and any significant painting/digging doesn't get the GIA excellent grade, so I wouldn't be worried.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

There could be some painting and some digging, looking at the heart image the lowers
are a little wonky. Not enough to to do a great amount of harm to the appearance of the diamond.

I'm am not comfortable with a 1 to 10 scale because there are so many maybes.
What it really boils down to are you looking to get, closer to perfect, or a nice diamond that is a bit farther away from perfect and on pricing. (no diamond will ever be perfectly perfect in the technical sense but there is a perfect diamond
for you that goes beyond the technical)

platinov

Rough_Rock

Thank you for your continued support on this matter.

From a purely technical perspective I am looking for a diamond that comes as close as possible to "perfect" light play. I understand that 100% perfection comes at a huge premium, but overall I am someone who is willing to pay for a cut that is in the 99 percentile.

Using the tools available online and from my unprofessional analysis, besides minor leakage and lack of symmetry in the hearts sections, this diamonds appears to me to be in the arbitrary "super ideal" cut category.

I understand that I may be mistaken, and that is why I am asking for the expertise and wisdom of people like you on this forum.

I appreciate your honesty, and I would be extremely grateful if there was some sort of quantitative way in which it could be described how far this diamond is away from the "perfect" cut and light play with respect to its imaging and proportions.

Thank you!

P.S. Should the possibility of painting/drilling be a deal breaker, and can a GIA certified really have such characteristics?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

platinov|1478811869|4096538 said:
Thank you for your continued support on this matter.

From a purely technical perspective I am looking for a diamond that comes as close as possible to "perfect" light play. I understand that 100% perfection comes at a huge premium, but overall I am someone who is willing to pay for a cut that is in the 99 percentile.

Using the tools available online and from my unprofessional analysis, besides minor leakage and lack of symmetry in the hearts sections, this diamonds appears to me to be in the arbitrary "super ideal" cut category.
The "Super Ideal" label is far from arbitrary to those who sell them. True Super Ideal Cuts like ACAs from Whiteflash (as well as
others) must fall within a strict set of guidelines. I know there are probably some jewelers/people that use the term loosely but
here on Pricescope when someone says "Super Ideal" it means a very high level percision cut that we usually only get from a few
vendors.

You can not just ask besides missing A, B, and C, is this stone in the "Super Ideal" category because those are the things that make
up a Super Ideal stone.

A few points from this Whiteflash page...
http://www.whiteflash.com/about-diamonds/diamond-education/benefits-of-hearts-and-arrows-diamonds-1521.htm

there is a real benefit of H&A patterning to the consumer. And that benefit comes in the form of light performance that is maximized by the precise alignment of the facets which form the system of tiny mirrors that refract and reflect light to the eye of the observer.

I understand that I may be mistaken, and that is why I am asking for the expertise and wisdom of people like you on this forum.

I appreciate your honesty, and I would be extremely grateful if there was some sort of quantitative way in which it could be described how far this diamond is away from the "perfect" cut and light play with respect to its imaging and proportions.
You would need additional documentation to quantify it. We cant tell you by just looking at the images. This is why Super Ideal
cuts cost more because they DO go through all the work/time/effort to vett a stone to make sure that it performs at a Super Ideal level
(as well as having the percision cut that is required).

Thank you!

P.S. Should the possibility of painting/drilling be a deal breaker, and can a GIA certified really have such characteristics?

Your stone has good images and complimentary numbers. Is it a Super Ideal cut...no, but then again, I'm assumming you are not
paying for a super ideal cut.

We can point you to branded super ideal cuts if that is what you are looking for.

We can point you to non-branded AGS graded H&A stones if thats what you are looking for. Perhaps you would be more comfortable
with an AGS000 graded stone that has been determined to have Ideal light return?

You did not give us the weight of this stone. Is it near a major mile stone (.5, 1 carat, 1.5 etc)?
What is the GIA cut grade on the stone? If it is Excellent then I would think any painting/digging would be mininal but I'm
no expert on painting/digging.

Hopefully Karl can fill in any holes or set you straight if I've misspoke on anything.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

From the other thread it appears to be a 1.30HSI1, probably a touch under the 7mm mark.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

GIA and AGS both in some cases allow more painting or digging than I am comfortable with in their top grade.
It all depends on the angle combination and which facets and how much painting or digging is done.
However, I don't see enough painting or digging in the images that I am really worried about it.
The lowers are a bit wonky pretty much sums it up, the angle combination is good and the is and aset images look ok.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results