shape
carat
color
clarity

HoW and BB spinel ring

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
My first non-engagement-ring CS project is finished! :D

I sent my small Barry spinel to Sally at HoW to be set into a delicate stackable ring. I couldn't afford all 20k gold, but I loved the idea of high-carat yellow gold around the pink stone, so Sally was cunning and designed a Nur variant for me that came in at a great price, but ticked all the boxes. I won't have it with me for a few weeks yet, but I'm very excited and wanted to share the vendor pics. I've had a great experience with Sally, and I'm sure I'll use her again for future projects :twirl:

Vendor and loose gem pics:

Barry%20mahenge%20spinel_0.jpg
Hand%20sparkle%202.jpg

Sally's pics:

Vendor pics 1.jpg

Vendor pics 2.jpg

Vendor pics 3.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Final couple:

I promise to add hand shots once I have it in hand. Thanks for looking! :twirl:

Vendor pics 4.jpg

Vendor pics 5.jpg

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, I love it! Very delicate looking. Can't wait to see hand shots!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is quite simply elegant - well done! I love the gold cuffs on the sides. You, my dear, are an excellent designer! Hurrah! :appl:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Okie girl. I wanted something very delicate and Sally was brilliant at interpreting what I wanted :) And everyone will get stupid amounts of hand shots, I'm sure :lol:

minous: Thank you very much! - but credit for design must go to Sally - she suggested the cuffs and the proportions. I just knew I wanted some yellow ;-)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy oh boy oh boy, that's so pretty! Sally is a wonder. Great job, Natsplat!! Look forward to those hand shots.

--- Laurie

familynurse

Rough_Rock
I LOVE your designs. That is a beautiful ring!! :love: I really like the simplicity of the ring with the cuffs- it really shows the gem off.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you JF and familynurse :D I'm really pleased I went for HoW, and steeled myself to send the stone to her - so so worth the risk! I think her custom prices are very reasonable, and the handiwork looks fabulous (as ever). I can't wait to take hand shots - and of course! to wear it too...! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ohh I love it!!! love the gold head and gold cuffs and love the color of the stone :) it is beautiful!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! Can't wait to see pics of it on your hand.

T

talamasca

Awww it's so delicate and I love the cuffs :love:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you slg, Lisa and tala :) It's been a great experience working with Sally: I can see why so many people recommend her and go back to her. I must be a big Lover of Cuffs, coz both rings I have commissioned really ride stylistically on them! :twirl:

I have no doubt that my ring will be of superb quality when I receive it - and I WILL force you all to see :naughty:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Yellow gold was definitely a good choice for the head and accents!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely! I really like the two-tone...I hear ya on the cost of gold these days! More pics when it gets here.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful ring and oh. such a beautiful spinel!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Kismet, tyty and crasu :) I'm so itchy for it to get here, as I know it's flying to me right now. Might even be here tomorrow? (fingers crossed!) I shall post obscene amounts of handshots once its here, and perhaps even try to get some decent shots of my ering too... :mrgreen:

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
Delicious, natsplat! Cannot wait to see the hand shots. Are you skipping around joyously saying "where's my ring, where's my ring, gimme my ring, I want my ring" over and over like I would be?

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
*checks to see if peanut is spying* :lol:

How did you guess? ;-)

(I am on tenterhooks, yes. Eep!) :twirl:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
It's here, it's here! And it's amazing! Pictures soon...! :twirl:

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
*I must buy a new cmera I must buy a new camera I must buy a new camera*

I have attempted to capture this ring's beauty, but I have sadly failed. The best of my batch, however, are below. I kept some blurry ones in just coz they captured the glow/sparkle that I am getting as I sit here now with it/them on. I am completely blown away by Hearts of Water, right down to the gorgeous ring box with tissue around the stone to doubly-protect it in transit (take note DanielM!). It is just what I wanted, and I reckon I'll wear it almost all the time. I love how it tones in with my ering too - the "candy colours" really please me, and of course Barry's RB cut twins them still further. Excuse the tattiness of my manicure: I am just about to do it :???:

Enjoy...!

HoW spinel ring natsplat 1.jpg

HoW spinel ring natsplat 2.jpg

HoW spinel ring natsplat 3.jpg

HoW spinel ring natsplat 4.jpg

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
So happy! :love:

HoW spinel ring natsplat plus ering 1.jpg

HoW spinel ring natsplat plus ering 2.jpg

HoW spinel ring natsplat plus ering 3.jpg

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
WOW! That is gorgeous! I love it with your engagement ring too. Congratulations!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Chloe :twirl: I only wish I could get some decent pictures of it. I think I'll try again tomorrow. :shock:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I LOVE IT !!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

If you wouldn't mind, can you pls give specs on the stone?
I love how yours looks on your 3rd finger with your greenie !!!!!!!
AND I also love how it looks with your mani !!!!!

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Shiney :mrgreen:

Specs from Barry:

0.86 ct., 5.8mm round brilliant. This Mahenge spinel has a rich medium dark pink color. It is just short of flawless at 10x, having a tiny inclusion in the pavilion.

I wore it to work today and it just works SO darned well in the UK slightly-gloomy-slightly-sunny Autumn weather! It was giving out so much colour and sparkle; I was stunned by it. I love my purple varnish with those two colours too: it may keep me away from the neutrals for the time being... :o

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE it, natsplat!! So cheery...especially with your e-ring. The colors are so great together. It's like spring all the time -- how perfect is that. :)

I should've asked you about your nail polish the other day...color/manufacturer? It's such an awesome color. I picked up Essie's "Lilacism" a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not loving it on my nails...color looks too chalky on me. Yours looks like the perfect purple.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
:mrgreen: Thank you! It's Do You Lilac It? by OPI. It has quite a blue undertone, so it shouldn't be too chalky :)

PositivelyPeanut

Shiny_Rock
natsplat|1318846580|3041875 said:
:mrgreen: Thank you! It's Do You Lilac It? by OPI. It has quite a blue undertone, so it shouldn't be too chalky :)
Putting it on the shopping list right now -- thanks a bunch!! :)

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
natsplat|1318846580|3041875 said:

I love OPI, I have lots of it !!! I think their polish brushes are the BEST ! And the colors are true to
the bottle shade once you put it on your nails, and it wears very well, much better than Essie, at least for me.

T

talamasca

:love: it's lovely and looks great beside your e-ring :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results