shape
carat
color
clarity

How Accurate is the IGI?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sinny

Rough_Rock
How accurate is the IGI for diamond grading? I sent off a pair of diamond studs to the IGI to be appraised and graded. I bought a pair of E-F color, VS-clarity studs on Ebay, but when I received them they looked inferior. I took them into a jeweler and looked at them under a microscope and saw a ton of inclusions. I returned the pair and the seller sent me another pair, but they didn't look good, either. I looked at them under a jeweler's loupe and saw black inclusions all over both of them. When I confronted the seller, he accused me of taking the stones out and replacing them with inferior diamonds. So, I decided to have the replacement pair graded to see exactly what I got before I take action. I sent them off to the IGI, but I'm concerned that they won't be accurate. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
sounds like you might have got what you paid for. you can not expect buying on Ebay to have the same quality controls etc.

IGI are consistent and professional graders, but they consistently grade softer than GIA and most other labs.

sinny

Rough_Rock
What do you mean by "The HCA and Ideal-Scope Cut Quality Crusader"? Or is that your sign-off?

Thanks for responding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results