shape
carat
color
clarity

How accurate is a 10 day

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jesse66

Rough_Rock
weather forcast? We are getting married on April 21st in Orange County Ca. and the forcast for saturday is SHOWERS
emsad.gif

I havent told my fiance yet...should I tell her or let her find out on her own?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...if there is something can be done to help make a backup plan I would tell her. If there is nothing you can do, then wait it out because in my experience the 10 day forecasts aren''t always so accurate until you get to a few days before...

I hope it works out for you!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry! A 10-day forecast is very inaccurate! I dated a meteorologist for all of college and he used to think it was hysterical when people went by any forecast beyond 2 or 3 days.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Completely inaccurate! Our 10-day was for showers, and we wound up with a picture-perfect, not-a-cloud-in-the-sky, 70-degree day.
10.gif
I know exactly how easy it is to stress about it, but honestly at this stage, a 10-day "forecast" is nothing more than a random guess!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, 10-day forecasts are not too reliable! I wouldn''t worry just yet. Are you having an outdoor ceremony and/or reception? If so, definitely try to have a plan B just in case.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:29:05 PM
Author:Jesse66
weather forcast? We are getting married on April 21st in Orange County Ca. and the forcast for saturday is SHOWERS
emsad.gif

I havent told my fiance yet...should I tell her or let her find out on her own?
Jesse, I live in San Diego county, it was not supposed to rain on Easter Sunday, but it did. It was supposed to rain in Laguna, where we spent the day, but it didn''t. Don''t rely on the forcast. But if you are having an outdoor wedding, you may want to review your contract to see what the site does in such instances. Southern CA quite typically experiences wet Aprils'' so I wouldn''t be totally shocked if it rains, but I wouldn''t bank on the forecast being correct either.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where you live has a lot to do with it. I live in Northern California and have been monitoring the weather reports for the last two weeks because of gardening needs. A week ago Friday or so they started to forecast rain for this Wendnesday. It rained on Wednesday.

On the East Coast and in the midwest there are lots of potential weather fronts competing (warm from the Gulf, cold from Canada, who knows what from the Atlantic and Midwest), and predicting which one will "win" is can be pretty dicey. Here in Northern California there seem to be just two (Pacific and Canada) so the forecasters stand a better chance of getting it right -- which is not to say that they always do so! I really don't know what the situation is where you are.

Maybe you should look for the most obsessive gardener on your block and check with them!

ETA: BTW, I was using http://www.weatherunderground.com/

and http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/garden/weather/tenday/USCA0215?lswe=chino&lswa=GardeningForecast&from=locator

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
did you see my rainy wedding thread? yeh, storms predicted but the day of it was PERFECT weather. not one cloud in the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results