shape
carat
color
clarity

how about this...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess with top color, clarity and light return stats
2.gif
What could one wish for more?

Obviously, princes cuts come with different personalities - as any other diamond shape. This one seems to be a bright stone with somewhat less disspersion showing - at least as much as those machines (the Bscope in particular) let you believe. As far as I know, this is exactly what princess cuts are supposed to be good at. However, the opposite personality is also out there: see the stats of th 1.33 G-Si1 below for just about the perfect example:

1.33 G-SI1 (Superbcert)

If the word "Si1" sounds bad, than the GIA plot of this one would not agree - this is a nciely clean stone as far as I can tell.

Either would be a top stone. It is not straightforward to choose among these super pieces. Just show me which hair to split
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here they are
4.gif

princess2.JPG

cruise182

Rough_Rock
Very nice I like the size but i really wanted vs2 or better!!

This one seems very good for the money. i know it is a little deep at 77 but it goes in the calculator nicely and also nice Bscope. Price seems good. I am worried about depth. what do you think:
Item Number: 3240

Carat: 1.03
Cut: SUPERBcert Princess
Clarity: VS2
Color: H
Certificate Number: 13582771
Measurements: 5.77 X 5.24 X 4.07
Depth: 77.7
Table: 60
Girdle: SLIGHTLY THICK TO VERY THICK
Culet: NONE
Polish: GOOD
Symmetry: VERY GOOD
Clarity Characteristics: CLOUD - CRYSTAL - NEEDLE
Fluorescence: NONE

Crown Angle: 35.8
Crown Height: 13.3
Pavil. Angle: 57.6
Pavil. Depth: 58.5

http://www.superbcert.com/Shop_By_Product/Diamond_Details.cfm/P/300368/N/1;1

cruise182

Rough_Rock
I really hate to throw this in the mix but it looks good to for being a asscher...Will if be as bright and fiery? Or probably not. I like if being IF 1.08 color H and a depth under 75!!! Price aint bad either...
http://www.superbcert.com/Shop_By_Product/Diamond_Details.cfm/P/344894/N/2;23

12274766 - 1.08 Carat Asscher

$4,438.37
Item Number: ARB-152
Carat: 1.08
Clarity: IF
Color: H
Report Number: 12274766
Depth: 73.3
Table Percent: 56
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Fluorescence: NO
Measurements: 5.59-5.58*4.09

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure why VS2 is your bottom line - after all each stone is different and worth considering.

Did you get to see square emeralds and princess cuts to get an idea which you like ?

cruise182

Rough_Rock
What should my bottom be? SI1?? I want to make sure there is NO way to see inclusions witht the naked eye? Maybe SI1 would work.....As for the square emeralds I like but I think Princess is my best bet...So should I consider SI1 and then where should I put the save $$$ towards?? Color? Thanks

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
G/H sounds safe enough to me. Why do you need to spend it all ?

The nicest cut and a well done setting should make the best of the material.

As long as you can see the inclusion plot and then the stone, it just makes little sense to me to spend extra on "safety" alone. Ok, of "IF" will not show any inclusions. And VS2 just might if you reallt, really care to look and got the unlucky VS2. SI1 is safe enough for considereation. That one happened to look clean (see GIA plot). If it was SI2 with an encouraging plot I would have posted that one as well.

only my opinion... and your choice, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results