clarity

How about this stone?

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
3916F40B-73CE-4655-9FAB-2F2CDE7DE8CE.jpeg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To assess fancy cuts properly one needs pictures and ideally a video.

ASETscope images can also help identify leakage / cut consistency (although it is only really intended for use with MRBs).

Do you have the stone on Hold? Is there an online listing we could review?

Have you looked at the stone in sunlight and other lighting environments, to make sure the Strong Blue fluorescence is not causing any issues with 'haziness' or 'oiliness'?

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
It’s on Caysie’s IG. I tried to link the video but it was too large a file.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a very pretty rose-cut, but based on the video I wouldn't think it is eye-clean ...

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
Oh, what part of the stone do you see as being not “eye clean”? Curious as i am not so experienced in looking these videos.

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
Control

I hope this link works for the video of the stone.

What else should I ask Caysie regarding the stone?

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
oops! That didn't work.
How does one link an IG video on here?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, what part of the stone do you see as being not “eye clean”? Curious as i am not so experienced in looking these videos.

I grabbed a couple of screenshots of what I see on the video and interpret as inclusions:

upload_2019-8-1_12-17-50.png

upload_2019-8-1_12-20-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-1_12-15-9.png
    upload_2019-8-1_12-15-9.png
    1 MB · Views: 14

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I think I see what you mean. The second picture does look like the some inclusions.

Because of the pear shaped cut, what sort of things should I be concerned about?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I think I see what you mean. The second picture does look like the some inclusions.

Because of the pear shaped cut, what sort of things should I be concerned about?
Do you mean in terms of light performance? Or durability? Or setting styles? Or visible colour tint?

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
Do you mean in terms of light performance? Or durability? Or setting styles? Or visible colour tint?

I think I am concerned with mostly light performance, color tint - and the pros and cons of a rose cut diamond?

I have a round brilliant currently but as I look at rings and stone more and more, I am falling more in love with the softer shine and sparkle of rose cuts. I just wonder if this stone is a great rose cut?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am far from knowledgeable on Rose Cuts - I will have to wait for other, much more experienced members to comment in terms of this particular stone!

It is fair to say that rose cuts can look see-through, do not have the crazy sparkle of MRBs, and generally perform 'poorly' in terms of any light performance metric... BUT... they are beautiful and historic and have a charm of their own :)

As long as you buy in full awareness of the pros and cons of a rose cut (or any particular cut) that is all anyone can ask for :))

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
I am far from knowledgeable on Rose Cuts - I will have to wait for other, much more experienced members to comment in terms of this particular stone!

It is fair to say that rose cuts can look see-through, do not have the crazy sparkle of MRBs, and generally perform 'poorly' in terms of any light performance metric... BUT... they are beautiful and historic and have a charm of their own :)

As long as you buy in full awareness of the pros and cons of a rose cut (or any particular cut) that is all anyone can ask for :))

Thank you for those comments! I will continue to try to educate myself more on this site and beyond! =)2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results