shape
carat
color
clarity

How about this Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think of this diamond?

5.17-5.29x3.83
.91 Carat
Color I
Clarity VVS2
Depth 74.1%
Table 74%
Symmetry V Good
Polish Good to Very Good
Girdle Med, Pol
$2771
EGL

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Can you tell us more about the proportions?? Crown? Pavilion?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Icey!
wavey.gif

This diamond is cut extremely deep. Cut Class 4B depth is "Greater than 67%". That means you will pay for diamond weight you won't see. Also, the diamond might appear "out of round" due to the .12 mm diameter variance.

Check out the Cut Charts at www.gemappraisers.com, or click on the Tutorial link above. At the bottom of the lefthand side bar on the Tutorial page are links to the cut charts. Use those dimensions as a guide when you are considering diamonds.
1.gif

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Is this a princess cut stone? I really hope it isn't a round!

If it is a princess, the depth looks good but the table puts it as an International Fine Trade cut 2B... not bad by any means, but there are better-proportioned stones out there if you know where to look.

Any other info?

Also, you could probably go higher in colour than I and go a bit lower than VVS2 on clarity, at a similar cost.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I assumed it was a princess or radiant... Or so I hope!!

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice ladys and gents. It is a princess cut. I looked at a couple other stones but this one sparkled so much more brilliant than the others.

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
Giangi,

Crown is 12%, Pavillion is 57%.

Thanks again.

IceyIce

Rough_Rock
According to the www.gemappraisers.com my overall cut class on the stone is 2b...I guess a cut above average which for my purposes works fine. I know some of you are investing in stones where I am looking for an engagement stone. Do you agree that an overall 2B grade is acceptable?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds good... I prefer smaller tables, but this stone should be quite nice looking... Does it look yellow?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Duh!
sick.gif

It would be a tad out of round and more than a bit deep for a Round.
10.gif

Sounds MUCH better as a Princess!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who's shopping for investment purposes!??!! I think most of us are on here for e-rings or WERE to begin with..now that we all have our rings...it's just a madness that continues day in and day out...hour after hour...keystroke after keystroke.

2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Mara... You're too funny!

This princess looks very nice, just make sure it isn't a K VS 2...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results