shape
carat
color
clarity

how about this cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

extra potatoes

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone,

I''m relatively new to the forums, but the amount I''ve learned here in the past few months has been incredible. Like so many others here, I''m in search of an antique cushion, and taking your advice I talked to Mark T here in NY. He showed me a few really nice stones, but I''m most interested in this one. What does everyone think?

I''m still not sure how I feel about dark band in the center, but Mark assured me this is pretty common for the antique cushion style. Thanks in advance for all your help.

(also...the pics aren''t so hot)

2.19 H/VS1 8.56x7.43x4.67 (ratio = 1.15)
Pol/Sym: VG/G
62.9% depth
57% table

actuallylighter.jpg

extra potatoes

Rough_Rock
Well since no one has replied yet..I''m assuming you''re all holding out for an even worse picture. So let me open the flood gates with this beauty:

Sorry to be annoying and bump this, but I don''t have a whole lot of time left to make a decision on this particular stone. What does anyone think? Is this a keeper, or should I move along? I''d love to hear from other cushion owners, particularly Pixley, who once gave a great explanation of the difference between a bowtie effect and bowtie facets.

And I think I forgot to mention this before, but this stone is a Cushion Brilliant.

thanks

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
try it again...? check the size limit and the name.

extra potatoes

Rough_Rock
Hmm..it''s only a 65k jpg. Let''s see if this one works.

tryingagain123456.jpg

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Clearly, I'm not bothered by a little bowtie action (see avatar)
41.gif
. Cehrabehra discussed her cushion bow-tie in one of her posts and I never see mine as a dead zone even though it goes dark with head obstruction. At all other times, it's bright in that area.

I have such a hard time with Mark's photos, but I do trust his taste in cushions since he's handpicked SOOOO many delicious cushions for Pricescopers. I love the look of the cushion, but will wait for more pics to load. I would almost say give it a chance no matter what. Mark is so great with cushions.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Maybe modern cushions have that? I don''t see it in pics of antique cushions. Personally it would bother me if it looked like that to the eye (and not just in Mark''s notoriously bad photos).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its very chunky which is a positive in my eyes, but it does look a bit dark in the photos, I would ask Mark to send you some more pics if possible, it could be the lighting which isn't displaying this diamond to its best advantage but I would get more info.

extra potatoes

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I''ve actually seen the stone in person a few times and it is a very light and brilliant stone. The only thing really holding me back is the dark area in the center.

I''ve got to make a decision on this one by today, but if I get any other pictures I''ll definitely post them.

thanks again for all of your helpful input

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
A symmetrical, face up picture of the stone with the lens parallel to the table would be great.

DaCounselor

Rough_Rock
To me it looks like the bowtie extends beyond the table and on either side of it there is an additional dark area between the table and the girdle - so there appears to be 4 areas in a row cutting throught the middle of the stone. I have seen a GOG cushion that has this same look. In any event, if this effect is noticeable and you are not sure if you like it, maybe it is a pass. The only other option is to buy it, look at for awhile, and then return or exhange it if you cannot get on board with the look.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks really nice. I had a few pictures of my cushion like that from Mark and it was just his lighting, in person my stone is gorgeous.

extra potatoes

Rough_Rock
So here''s the latest picture. It''s still not the best, and the lighting is still off, but it does show the bowtie/cumberbund area with some light coming through.

I went again to check out the stone yesterday and it''s really grown on me. I love the huge facets and the overall shape. And the more I look at the picture, it reminds me of something Scrooge McDuck would quest after on an episode of DuckTales. Which I''m pretty sure is what my girlfriend would want in a diamond.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts -- they are super helpful.

epdiamondnumber3.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks good in this pic, I like it!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Yummzies! Much better shot. I'd rock that rock, no question. Lovely shape too!
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/28/2009 3:56:19 PM
Author: pixley
Yummzies! Much better shot. I''d rock that rock, no question. Lovely shape too!
30.gif
LOL @ yummzies!! I will have to borrow that Pix!
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it a great deal!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 4:36:14 PM
Author: Lorelei

30.gif

9.gif

Hee-heee! Be my guest
9.gif
!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/1/2009 12:06:36 AM

Date: 2/28/2009 4:36:14 PM
Author: Lorelei

30.gif

9.gif

Hee-heee! Be my guest
9.gif
!
Thankees Pixers!!!
9.gif
35.gif

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 2:29:36 PM
Author: extra potatoes
So here''s the latest picture. It''s still not the best, and the lighting is still off, but it does show the bowtie/cumberbund area with some light coming through.

I went again to check out the stone yesterday and it''s really grown on me. I love the huge facets and the overall shape. And the more I look at the picture, it reminds me of something Scrooge McDuck would quest after on an episode of DuckTales. Which I''m pretty sure is what my girlfriend would want in a diamond.

Thanks again for all of your thoughts -- they are super helpful.
LOVE this description! Be sure to tell the girlfriend this at some point in the whole proposal, engagement story etc. She''ll LOVE it!

Love the stone too! Crushing on the cushion........

- Jodie -

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results