shape
carat
color
clarity

How about these 3 stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guel8

Rough_Rock
1. 1.10 carat, Ideal cut, F color, SI1 clarity, Depth % 61.9, Table % 56, Very Good Symmetry, Excellent Polish, Thin to Medium faceted Girdle, Measurements 6.62 x 6.66 x 4.11 mm

2. 1.00 carat, Ideal cut, E color, SI1 clarity, Depth % 62, Table % 57, Excellent Symmetry, Excellent Polish, Medium to Thick Girdle, Measurements: 6.37 x 6.40 x 3.96 mm

3. 1.09 carat, Ideal cut, D color, SI1 clarity, Depth % 61.9, Table % 57, Very Good Symmetry, Very Good Polish, Medium faceted Girdle, Measurements 6.57 x 6.61 x 4.08 mm

What do you guys think of these three?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen them?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
do you have crown/pavillion angles, have you verified they are eye-clean?

guel8

Rough_Rock
I haven''t actually seen them. I got them off of Bluenile.com.

guel8

Rough_Rock
I like your choice Julie. What makes this one better?

I went out with my girlfriend over the long weekend to a few places just too look at rings, and we decided that we like the solataire look, with a 5 stone wedding band. She fell in love with a stone at Jared the galleria of jewelry, it was 1.09 carat ideal cut, G color, with a SI2 clarity. I however didn''t like the $7,200 pricetag for just the stone. I wasn''t planning on buying that day, we just thought it would be fun to try some on. I figured I could find a better stone online. Is there a huge difference between the F and the G color? I know that F is colorless, but I really couldn''t tell in person.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Who had graded that diamond at Jared's? That price is definetely high. What do you know about the cut of that diamond? Cut is the most important of the 4 Cs, becasue without a super cut, your diamond will lack sparkle and fire.

guel8

Rough_Rock
It was an Ideal cut. They had the GIA report for it. It definitely sparkled.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well, pending AGS reports... I like to pick stones graded by AGS for their light-performance based reports if I''m not able to get an Ideal Scope picture.

It''s unlikely you''ll see the difference between F and G.

guel8

Rough_Rock
Would you recommend me going from a F to a G, and upping the clarity to maybe a VS2 or VS1? I am looking for the best possible stone I can get for $6,000-6,500.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 7:19:22 AM
Author: guel8
Would you recommend me going from a F to a G, and upping the clarity to maybe a VS2 or VS1? I am looking for the best possible stone I can get for $6,000-6,500.
I would recommend going to G, I have one, you can't see color with them. But stay at SI1 or even SI2 if you're lucky. Thay can both be eyeclean, though not always. With this combo you'll get much bang for your buck!

Are you set on buying from BN?

guel8

Rough_Rock
No. I''ll buy from anywhere that is reputable and will give me the best deal. I just can''t figure out what stone to get. I know I want a round, and its going on a plain solitare band. I decided that I''ll get the stone and the band, then in a few months we''ll get a five stone wedding band to go with it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 9:26:56 AM
No. I''ll buy from anywhere that is reputable and will give me the best deal. I just can''t figure out what stone to get. I know I want a round, and its going on a plain solitare band. I decided that I''ll get the stone and the band, then in a few months we''ll get a five stone wedding band to go with it.
Ok, here''s a really nice one, and my ring came from this company, they''re great to work with! Need to ask if it''s eyeclean though.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2555/

Then there''s this one, but it''s a bit more. I''ve also bought from them, again, great company. This is their branded diamond. They are also running a special on these through the end of this month, 5% back towards a setting from them.

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-50482.htm#

Again, ask if eyeclean.

Eyecleanliness aside, either of these would be stunning.

guel8

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your help Ellen. I will definitly look into these. I know that Whiteflash has a Tiffany style solitare band that might workout nicely. What exactly does H&A stand for again?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2006 9:54:27 AM
Thanks so much for your help Ellen. I will definitly look into these. I know that Whiteflash has a Tiffany style solitare band that might workout nicely. What exactly does H&A stand for again?
You''re welcome!

This will explain H&A''s for ya.

https://www.pricescope.com/hearts_indx.asp

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of these. So I'd just go for the biggest. (provided it's eyeclean)

guel8

Rough_Rock
What do you think about the H color? I initially wanted an F?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What were your reasons for wanting an F?

guel8

Rough_Rock
Colorless? I was just reading, that the cut may even make the H color appear like a G or and F

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 7:16:09 PM
Colorless? I was just reading, that the cut may even make the H color appear like a G or and F
Yes, a well cut stone will show less color face up. I think you will be fine with an H.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My original e-ring diamond was an average cut F color. My new stone is an H color ideal cut, and it is plenty white and far more beautiful than the other stone. I always thought my other stone was pretty, but it doesn''t even compare with this one! So by all means consider G or H! And I''ll second buying form GOG or WF because they have in-house stones and can check inclusions for you, and they provide all kinds of information on the stones. For what it''s worth, I do prefer VS2, but I''m in the minority here!
2.gif

guel8

Rough_Rock
Thanks again guys/gals. I think I am getting warmer to actually make THE purchase. Now its just a matter of making the big step.
emwink.gif

guel8

Rough_Rock
Would you guys say that most diamonds that are H&A are a safe bet?

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2006 8:38:16 PM
Would you guys say that most diamonds that are H&A are a safe bet?
I think you''ll be thrilled with any of the H&A stones offered by PS vendors. I personally have a WF Expert Selection I SI2 and I love it. It is super white, I really think that if I ever were to upgrade I would definitley get a J or even a K, if it is a well cut ROUND stone (other shapes can show color more) you will likely see it as white as will everyone else. The H&A sparkles are what you''ll be focusing on!

Here''s a pic of my stone from WF:
di_AGS-6205504.jpg

and the thread to my e-ring, also a solitaire: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-wf-union-diamond-knife-edge-solitaire-e-ring.38035/

guel8

Rough_Rock
Your e ring is beautiful Kit.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results