shape
carat
color
clarity

How about that strike!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Anyone from nyc area here?
I made the mistake of trying to drop hubby off at Jamaica Station today at 8:30. He usually takes the bus to the 7.
UMM, HUGE MISTAKE. Thousands of people waiting for tickets...Had to turn around (after being stuck in traffic) and take him to Long Island RR out in nassau by work. he'd be waiting there for HOURS just to buy a ticket!

What a freakin nightmare.
29.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
It didn''t really affect us because both my husband and I drive to work.
Also,I work nights, so I am always driving in the opposite direction of the traffic, ie: I live in Staten Island and normally the commute at 8:00 am going towards the city is bad, but I miss it because when everyone is going to work, I am going home!
ONe thing bad now that I think about it is that my husband has to do 12 hour shifts right now. We are not sure for how long, but possiblly until it''s over.
Oh, and the schools were delayed for 2 hours, but I think they should be back on time tomorrow.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I know this was almost two weeks ago, thought I would post though. I just moved to NYC. I live in Manhattan by Columbia (I go to school up there)...I was trying to get home for the Holidays and found the strike very sad and a nightmare!!!! My two last classes were canceled (luckily) and so I was able to spend 4 hours getting to JFK!

Yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results