shape
carat
color
clarity

How about that InStyle weddings special on T.V?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone else get the pleasure of drooling over all the bling on that show tonight? I''m so glad that I caught it! I really made my day. Pavé is all the rage with the stars, isn''t it?

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Geena Lee Nolins was beautiful!!!!!
30.gif

ilovebling

Rough_Rock
What did you think of Britney Spears'' ring? Christina A. said it looked like a "QVC Ring".

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
What did ya''ll think of Kellis''s dress
14.gif
Green w/butterflies!!!!Maybe if it was ivory with faint gold butterflies but that was just gaudy!!!!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
BLING -- I had the exact same response to that dress...I thought it was pretty bad, like, even taking it out of a wedding context.

Some of the rings were BEAUTIFUL
9.gif
alas, all I can ever do is dream of 4 or 5 carat engagement rings!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I loved looking at those rings!!! *drool*

Kellis''s green dress was yuck!!
14.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
The rings were amazing!!!
30.gif

Which were your favs?

I loved Christine(Kevin Costners wife)
30.gif

and Geena Lee Nolins.
30.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Didn''t catch the show on TV, but I''ve heard countless times that Britney BOUGHT HER OWN RING!!! This ''husband'' of hers seems like a real winner (yes, that''s sarcasm!!)

I give it 10 months......
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved the Melania ring from DT...those claw prongs got me..and 15c?! hand it over baby!

Also I really liked that round bezel one that looked like a pink diamond during the Neil Lane showcase.

I wasn''t in love with any of the other rings or the star''s rings though most were pretty...isn''t Kevin Costner the one who bought his fiance a small diamond and then later got her that 5c monster?

That green and gold dress was definitely not my favorite and that super strong diamond necklace she wore and earrings just overpowered the whole thing, plus the big hair?! Too overblown. She looked better later at the reception after she changed and had on more simple jewels.

Tori''s was my favorite dress with the mantilla and of course she has a great shape to pull it off, loved Maritska''s dress which looked fabulous on her and Kevin Costner''s wife had a beautiful dress too that was lovely for her shape.

BLINGQUEEN

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/28/2005 1:45:50 AM
Author: Mara
I loved the Melania ring from DT...those claw prongs got me..and 15c?! hand it over baby!

Also I really liked that round bezel one that looked like a pink diamond during the Neil Lane showcase.

I wasn''t in love with any of the other rings or the star''s rings though most were pretty...isn''t Kevin Costner the one who bought his fiance a small diamond and then later got her that 5c monster?

That green and gold dress was definitely not my favorite and that super strong diamond necklace she wore and earrings just overpowered the whole thing, plus the big hair?! Too overblown. She looked better later at the reception after she changed and had on more simple jewels.

Tori''s was my favorite dress with the mantilla and of course she has a great shape to pull it off, loved Maritska''s dress which looked fabulous on her and Kevin Costner''s wife had a beautiful dress too that was lovely for her shape.
Yes, I remember Kevin had bought a tiny diamond chip of a ring and said she was so beautiful that he didn''t want any thing to compete with her inner and outer beauty
14.gif
I say ''Bull $hit!'' I know Joan Rivers told her to ''put it in the sun and maybe it''ll grow''
9.gif
Maybe she showed her ''inner ugliness''
27.gif
to get a ring that was ''just as beautiful'' as she is.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Kelis'' dress matched her gold teeth, no? LOL...It didn''t look like she had them in. Maybe she changed them. But I think she used to have all of her teeth gold. Alllllllrighty then!

I was very surprised at Geena Lee Nolan. I didn''t think she was still that pretty. But she is. And she seemed nice. Her hubby was a bit too surfer dude for me but he was handsome.

I think I liked Kelly Limp''s three carat round the best. Simple. Elegant.

I was laughing at the guy who said that the canary diamond was a good diamond b/c it was deep and that the deeper the diamond the better? Huh? Maybe for fancy colors? Anyway, I thought that was amusing!

I wonder how many of those rounds were H&A?

I''ve been married for 3 years and I still can''t get enough wedding sh*t.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
I am SOOOOO bummed that I didn''t get to see it!! My cousin and his wife drove into town last night and stayed at my place - so of course it was WONDERFUL to catch up with them!! I was secretly hoping they would be a little late so that I could sneak a peak at the show beforehand....but they were right on time -- 8
6.gif
0! I thought it would be rude to ignore them for a wedding special, but I definitely thought about it!! Who is this person with green butterfly dress? Kellis??? Not sure who that is...

I''m going to try to find something online from the show -- i''m DYING to see all the BLING!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...that girl. That''s the worst song.

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
oh yeah...that''s her, huh? I just tried to find a photo online, but no luck!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Feb''s In Style mag has several pages devoted to this--weddings. Beautiful layout--and the jewels..........
10.gif

cheers--Sharon

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, that green thing was ugly! And her boobs looked like they were going to fall out of it at any moment. It''s true that thre other dress she changed into for the reception was much more classy looking--I don''t understand why she wasn''t wearing that to the church. That other thing she wore didn''t belong in a holy place!!!

And that Trump emerald cut was the most perfect shape I''ve ever seen in an emerald. Wide corners, fat, and almost asscher-like.

MMM, I''m with you on what that dude was saying about the deep yellow diamond. As in, HUH?

Daniela

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did think that Kelis''s green dress was going to fall off of her. Did you see her walking down the aisle? I thought a boob was going to fly out.

And I''ve had enough of Star Jones and her freebie wedding. Especially since she could''ve afforded to pay for it! Ugh.

I did think Tori Spelling, Mariska Hargitay, and Christine Baumgartner (Costner''s wife) looked amazing!!

If you missed the show, In Style''s Wedding issue on the stands right now is basically a carbon copy of the tv program, minus the pictures of some of the rings. Gina Lee Nolan''s ring and Mariska Hargitay''s ring are in the mag, but Costner''s wife''s ring and Kelis''s ring are not.

FG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
UGH- Star Jones- I''ve had enough already.
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif
33.gif

Tori Spelling''s ring looked similar to "our KMOM''s". Very pretty.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/28/2005 2:54:43 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I did think that Kelis''s green dress was going to fall off of her. Did you see her walking down the aisle? I thought a boob was going to fly out.
LOL I totally agree! Think the neckline was deep enough? They were barely staying in there!

And Star Jones...ugh I don''t really know much about her but she just seems so full of herself. I thought it was funny that when she first met her husband, she said "Hello, I''m STAR JONES" and he wasn''t impressed and that totally got her attention! As if everyone should know who she is and fall all over her.
20.gif
And how she wanted her veil to be longer than Princess Di''s and she was so thrilled that there''s a new "term" now in the bridal industry coined after her veil...I don''t even know if there is but give me a break!!! I didn''t realize her wedding was FREE -- that''s really the final straw for me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cath, you''re right, she is full of herself. Star Jones conned vendors into giving her everything for free by saying that she would plug them on The View, so basically paying the vendors with publicity. I heard the network was pretty pissed and was trying to stop her from doing that. Did you see her face when she said that the "Star Cathedral Length" veil is the new formal standard? All because she had her veil be 2 feet longer than Princess Di''s. That woman irks me!!!!
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Star Jones makes me sick!!
14.gif
14.gif
I used to catch the View every now and again, but she''s ruined it for me!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAWWWWW!!!

You guys really want to barf- check out STARJONES.COM

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/28/2005 3:48:41 PM
Author: moremoremore
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAWWWWW!!!

You guys really want to barf- check out STARJONES.COM
OK, first, who needs SIX pictures of themself on their intro page??? Second, I have to enter my e-mail address to view the site? Give me a break. I guess I''ll just use my favorite "e-mail address" -- [email protected]
9.gif

Oops, let''s not forget the link to their wedding website, www.starandal.com

20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif
20.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep I was not impressed at all with her whole ''I''m Star Jones'' thing or the cathedral length veil longer than Diana''s either (which by the way looked horrible with her dress)....she obviously thinks much more of herself than the average person! my girlfriend made the notation that her hubby isn''t that handsome either...hee.
11.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
If I had to look at Star Jones'' website,
this would be me!

sickpumpkin.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, too funny!!!
3.gif

Cath

Shiny_Rock
LOL Sevens that is too funny! I just had to check out the website -- I was too curious to see how obnoxious it was...and it surpassed my expectations.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hoooo.....I almost puked at those 2 websites....and at the fact I had to make up a fake email address just to SEE them.

Yuck! My bet is that in a few years, her hubby is going to come out of the closet. But that's just my guess. Poor man, it must be hard to live in that woman's shadow.
10.gif

Edit: sevens is right on target.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what the worse thing is ?? She wants to have kids!! Can you imagine having her for a mom???
SCARY!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Here's Kelis with her gold teeth... I agree that i was waiting for one of her girls to make a guest appearance while walking down the aisle.

ga_dailydish02.jpg

And I have to say, while the idea is neat (if done on a smaller scale), Nas' spinning diamond band reminded me of those spinner rims (like the one on this wesite)... a little too ghetto for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results