shape
carat
color
clarity

How about doing a Zoom ps gtg?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Putting up a link on LT for the GtG would be good, then watch the emails roll in, set up a mailing list and have some fun. We could set-up a google sign up sheet. The emails would be kept confidential and invites could be sent "blind copy".

If you need tech support, let me know :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Maybe the camera shy ones can point the camera at bling instead of themselves. You know like just focus on that tray of rings or whatever :lol-2:

Or ...How many earrings would this hold? 560a1f50e888c71b1231d252-large.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More info about a person's identity can be gleaned from logging in to a Zoom meeting than most people realize. I don't feel it is safe having lurkers that aren't regulars having potential access to that information, including what I look like. We are all people who have advertised here on PS that we own high value jewelry.

And there are a few folks (think Nita) who are not mentally well.

So that bothers me! I do a lot of zoom meetings - mostly work out sorts of things, but all with people who are strangers. What sort of info do they have access to? I'd like to cut that off, if possible.

I think being on PS, it's kind of assumed that we all have jewelry, but unless people can access our personal info, I'm still not seeing the problem. As for seeing my face, I'm just not fazed, to be honest. I had thought that was your face in your avatar, @RunningwithScissors! I really hope it is, because I've always looked at that photo and thought how beautiful you are!

I have no problem with setting a posting limit if it keeps people comfortable, tho I don't think it's necessary, personally. My comments are more about Zoom and the internet in general.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Putting up a link on LT for the GtG would be good, then watch the emails roll in, set up a mailing list and have some fun. We could set-up a google sign up sheet. The emails would be kept confidential and invites could be sent "blind copy".

If you need tech support, let me know :)

All good ideas. I think tomorrow (getting ready for bed) I'll put up another thread to see about some dates/times? In the mean time, maybe people could put up some possible date/times???

As for security, I kind of like the idea of vetting as in having PS regulars (hopefully an admin will chime in on this too).

Those who don't want to show their info, I say have their PS avatar up so we can "recognize" each other ;-)

Anything else I'm missing?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All good ideas. I think tomorrow (getting ready for bed) I'll put up another thread to see about some dates/times? In the mean time, maybe people could put up some possible date/times???

As for security, I kind of like the idea of vetting as in having PS regulars (hopefully an admin will chime in on this too).

Those who don't want to show their info, I say have their PS avatar up so we can "recognize" each other ;-)

Anything else I'm missing?

Just a big thank you for taking the lead!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
This sounds amazing! I'd really like to join. I know I'm not very active on here but I've been around for 10 years. A lurker but a long time lurker! :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sounds like a great idea!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Is there a signup page up? I don't want to miss it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So would you like us to start signing up now? Should we contact you via LT?

ETA - First thing to do - pick a date?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So would you like us to start signing up now? Should we contact you via LT?

ETA - First thing to do - pick a date?

I did a new post so we can figure out some times/dates <3

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds like so much fun!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok...for those who have been following (scary I know), I have NOW added an email addy to the actual listing on Loupe Troup (Potential Listing is the title)...

We still need to figure out date/times.......

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Email sent as I am not sure Loupe Troop sent it through.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you send through LT's messaging system or email? I don't know that I got a message from you....

I sent it directly to the email address not through loupetroup.

I’ve just also sent you a message on LT, so hopefully you’ll get that one.
Thank you

Last edited:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you

Did you get a reply from me? :( I'm not sure I've gotten the email....

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you

I found you! :D :D

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok! Those of you who have emailed me, I have sent a google form to get the ball rolling! I'm looking at having a quick zoom say Friday the 27th, so if you are interested, check out the Loupe Troop Listing: Potential Listing and email me. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results