shape
carat
color
clarity

How about a little color ? My gals E-Ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may remember me under the screen name of bar01 (with a robot), but I decided to change my avatar and tag to something a little more interesting two weeks ago.

Well it has been many months since I found PriceScope and I am so grateful I did. The result of much education and research led me to create the Three Stone Sapphire & Diamond E-Ring for my gal shown below. I proposed before Christmas in St. Thomas at the top of Paradise Point in the wedding gazebo – fun story about that.

The E-Ring is based on a Tiffany E-Ring we saw when we were on our third date (hmmm guess I knew then…) I love the simple elegance of Tiffany designs but I did not want to pay the Tiffany 50-100% markup - so I was faced with several challenges. Finding a fine, round, 1 ct “+” untreated blue Sapphire. Finding two perfectly matched super ideal diamonds. Many months were spent on this project – learning about sapphires and diamonds, details on sizes and proportions, settings, and so much more.

Okay – on to the ring specs

Sapphire – Confirmed Untreated, 1.27cts, 6.19 X 6.26 x 4.05mm, 65.1% Depth, Crown Height 12%, Table Width 53%, and Pavilion Depth 42%, Ratings: Hue - Pure Blue (GIA B), Tone - Medium Dark (GIA 5/6), Saturation - Strong (GIA 5), Clarity - Eye clean (GIA Type 2 VS). Origin - Sri Lanka strongly indicated. Sapphire purchased from cherrypicked.com

Diamonds – 2 perfectly matched 0.41ct, G, Eye Clean SI-1 H&A ACA’s from WhiteFlash. Link to Specs and ideal scope Images Side Diamond 1 and Side Diamond 2

Setting – Classic Tiffany Platinum Three stone – Completely custom made – whiteflash.com

Now to the “real gems” – the people. Anyone who thinks buying on the internet isn’t a personal experience is nuts. I want to thank the people who provided the gems, the ring, and the appraisal on this special creation.

- Richard Orbach from www.cherrypicked.com The web site is just fabulous as are the colored gems they sell. Their cherry scores/grading scales turned out to be very reliable predictors. Their “compare feature” allowed me to look at all stones (sold and available) which was very helpful. Richard was a first class act- and he told me – “We give the same attention and service to customers who are buying a $3000 gem as those buying an $80,000 gem” - and he was right.

- Whiteflash Spectacular diamonds at great prices. Their selection of “smaller” AGS certified diamonds (ACA’s) was wonderful to find. Very fast, high quality custom ring process (maybe too fast!) and of course - Bob Hotchkins who helped get everything together (true Texan Good Old Boy). Brian also was nice enough to talk with me when I had some concerns on the setting and Bob wasn't in.

- Richard Sherwood. I learned much from his posts, his responses to my emails, and private messages - before and after my purchase. His appraisal and lab report was extensive, informative, and really part of the experience of the ring. I often find myself re-reading his report for enjoyment. It was invaluable to have an independent advice along the way. Realistic appraisal costs too (internet, low retail, high retail).

There were also Several Vendors I who shopped and talked with during my initial search that were pleasant and helpful – Robin and Todd at NiceIce, Wink Jones at winkjones.com, and Michael Arnstein over at www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com

In addition I would like to individually thank several PS users who shared their opinions and advice in their posts or in their responses to my personal messages – katbadness, BlueEyes, nswartzb, strmrdr, JohnQuixote, quaeritur, innerkitten, cflutist, valeria101, aljdewey, Feydakin, Magok, Richard Hughes, Dave Atlas, Gary and others.

Of course a big thanks goes out to Leonid – who without this site – I (and many others) would have never learned all that I have, or been able to create the ring I have, for the price I paid. Lenoid – thanks for not asking for my credit card number to use this site – LOL!

And finally and most importantly, to my Gal, for inspiring me to go completely nuts and spend many months obsessing about the perfect gems for her E-ring. Do other guys do this? Okay that’s done – so - can I start obsessing about a “super ideal” wedding bands/ceremony/honeymoon/marriage/home theater/SUV/dog/kids/retirement now???

Deeeeeepppp Breath…..

Thanks everyone!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
BR1.jpg

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
BR2.jpg

oh...my...GOSH!!!!!!!! (Can someone PLEASE pick me up off the floor?)

It is breath-taking. I love the sapphire -- the color is amazing.

And the setting is perfect. Whiteflash knows what they''re doing - they set my three-stone emerald cut and I''m very happy too.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
HOLY MOLY that is a beautiful ring!!! That sapphire looks absolutely scrumptious!
30.gif

Congratulations on your engagment! You did a heck of a job with the ring!
36.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, it''s absolutely stunning! You did a great job!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s gorgeous!! You did an outstanding on the ring. Looove the saphire, and the setting is perfect! Congratulations on your engagement!!
36.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
30.gif
30.gif
I love that sapphire...it is scrumptious!
18.gif

Can we get hand shots?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Breathtaking!!! Congratulations, and GOOD WORK!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one luscious looking ring. Love the color of the sapphire.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow....so beautiful.

The sapphire is just gorgeous and the right shade of blue. I''ll have to put something like this on my 2005 diamond goa!

9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh (full stop)! Oh my..........
Simply gorgeous. Beautifully done.
emlove.gif

cheers--Sharon

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
YOU DID FANTSTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is absolutly gorgeous! Congrats and just have to get a word in here, good job obsessing on the ring choice, it''ll make you really helpful in helping weed through the insanty of wedding planning. Good luck!!

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Stunning and beautiful! Sapphire is my birthstone so I love them!
I agree......hand shots pretty please
face18.gif
. Oh and I would love to hear the fun proposal story !
Congrats & all the best!

Spartan

Shiny_Rock
23.gif
WOW! That is one of the most beautiful rings I''ve EVER seen! The sapphire is just amazing. Congratulations!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s just beautiful.
All that work really paid off. Boy what a special lady for you to go to such lengths to make a stunning ering.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Bertrand, I do indeed remember the robot!
35.gif

Thanks for posting about the comprehensive process that you experienced right here on Pricescope! Your experience says it all, great help from professionals and non-professionals alike has helped you to achieve the ring of your dreams for your future wife. It truly demonstrates that this site is filled with advice which is valued by the end consumer, and motivates them to do their own research in the process of searching for the special piece they wish to achieve. Sharing your experience couldn''t have come at a better time IMHO.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

~kmom
35.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
That''s absolutely beautiful.
Congrats on your engagement.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Stellar ring! It''s really superb. Your sapphire is just yummy. WOW.

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow,

Good choice, what a beauty!
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
That is Gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
What a Fabulous hue of blue + great proportions. A really, really great ring.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that such ingredients can ever turn wrong, but this one is very nice by all means. Congratulations for the great jewel and the happy occasion
1.gif

On a side note... can''t believe how different the sapphire looks in the two photos: day and night (in this order), really.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bert:

That is one kick a** ring. You really did a great job using all the different vendors and professionals on this site. The close up shot and color of your sapphire is astounding. Accent stones and metal smithing work is top notch also.. Congratulations...
36.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
A top notch job done by all vendors and craftsmen!! It''s lovely! Please post a picture of it on her finger (or yours but I''m sure hers is daintier)
face1.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
That is one gorgeous sapphire!! And the diamonds look so icy white next to it! Beautiful ring!
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bertrand

Congrats,beautiful combo sapphire + diamond,great job
36.gif
36.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That sapphire has amazing color.. and those side diamonds look like they sparkle like CRAZYY!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
Man, I absolutely adore sapphires. so gorgeous...congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results