shape
carat
color
clarity

how about a for sale forum? ...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
where PS members can buy/sell jewelry using one of the trusted appraisers as a middleman for a fee. the appraiser would do a complete report on the stone before the money exchange hands.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like this idea!!!!
9.gif

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That would be PS endorsing an appraiser and a conflict of interest.
Good concept(it has been tried elsewhere) but not for PS.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like it but I think something like this exists on other forums and there have been some bad transactions.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2010 11:42:49 AM
Author: Karl_K
That would be PS endorsing an appraiser and a conflict of interest.
Good concept(it has been tried elsewhere) but not for PS.
i don''t see a difference with PS vendors shipping the stone to one of the trusted appraisers before releasing it to the consumer, except in this case would be a consumer to consumer transaction.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like this idea a lot. I think there is a way it can work for all.. I for one would like to see a trial run at least???

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2010 7:27:48 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I like this idea a lot. I think there is a way it can work for all.. I for one would like to see a trial run at least???

ditto this.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Who would pick/pay for the appraiser''s services?

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I really like the idea but I think a lot of research and polls would have to be taken to choose a PS appraiser. Additionally, if someone didn''t actually want an appraisal (for an inexpensive piece for instance) is that refusing the right to return the item for dissatisfaction?

Also, would any old Joe be able to put their items for sale here? I trust PSers, but if it just became a "for sale" site, I think we could end up with some creeps on both sides of the transactions.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 5:50:29 PM
Author: somethingshiny
I really like the idea but I think a lot of research and polls would have to be taken to choose a PS appraiser. Additionally, if someone didn't actually want an appraisal (for an inexpensive piece for instance) is that refusing the right to return the item for dissatisfaction?

Also, would any old Joe be able to put their items for sale here? I trust PSers, but if it just became a 'for sale' site, I think we could end up with some creeps on both sides of the transactions.
I agree a lot of thought needs to go into this. At first, as a trial run I think it would be best if PS opens it to known PS'ers. There are many here who love what someone else has, and knows their tastes. If a known PS'er was to put up something for sale, and the person buying it is a known PS'er, I could see transactions going very well..

Of course there would have to be an agreement, just as when you join PS, you agree to follow the forum policies, so something extra would be needed, once something is put up for sale.

But I do see this as something that CAN work.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/18/2010 12:21:33 PM
Author: Upgradable
Who would pick/pay for the appraiser''s services?
the buyer,just like if you were buying from one of the PS vendors.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the idea but I think a lot of research and polls would have to be taken to choose a PS appraiser. Additionally, if someone didn't actually want an appraisal (for an inexpensive piece for instance) is that refusing the right to return the item for dissatisfaction?

Also, would any old Joe be able to put their items for sale here? I trust PSers, but if it just became a 'for sale' site, I think we could end up with some creeps on both sides of the transactions.
it doesn't really matter if the buyer/seller was Tom,Dick or Sally, if the appraiser is willing to hold the item til the buyer pays the seller,then and only then will the trusted appraiser ship the item to the buyer.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I would like to see this at PS as well. I think it could work with the proper guidelines.
36.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 6:31:51 PM

I really like the idea but I think a lot of research and polls would have to be taken to choose a PS appraiser. Additionally, if someone didn''t actually want an appraisal (for an inexpensive piece for instance) is that refusing the right to return the item for dissatisfaction?

Also, would any old Joe be able to put their items for sale here? I trust PSers, but if it just became a ''for sale'' site, I think we could end up with some creeps on both sides of the transactions.
I agree a lot of thought needs to go into this. At first, as a trial run I think it would be best if PS opens it to known PS''ers. There are many here who love what someone else has, and knows their tastes. If a known PS''er was to put up something for sale, and the person buying it is a known PS''er, I could see transactions going very well..

Of course there would have to be an agreement, just as when you join PS, you agree to follow the forum policies, so something extra would be needed, once something is put up for sale.

I like this idea, and I agree with Kaleigh that I this woukd need to be restricted to known PSers, at least initially. Especially so that PS doesn''t become JUST a marketplace, with people joining only to post items for sale

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 11:46:40 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 1/18/2010 6:31:51 PM

Also, would any old Joe be able to put their items for sale here? I trust PSers, but if it just became a ''for sale'' site, I think we could end up with some creeps on both sides of the transactions.
I agree a lot of thought needs to go into this. At first, as a trial run I think it would be best if PS opens it to known PS''ers. There are many here who love what someone else has, and knows their tastes. If a known PS''er was to put up something for sale, and the person buying it is a known PS''er, I could see transactions going very well..

I like this idea, and I agree with Kaleigh that I this woukd need to be restricted to known PSers, at least initially. Especially so that PS doesn''t become JUST a marketplace, with people joining only to post items for sale
maybe it would be a better idea by having the "seller" pay for the appraisal fee??

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about you guys, but I think if this were to happy that only pieces that merited an appraisal and was decided upon by both parties would be useful. I have sold plenty of lower priced ($5 up to $1k) items that it would not been worth my time or the appraiser''s time to send to an appraiser. When buying things I''d rather have them in my hands a couple of days faster than sending them through a middle man.

Also, I agree that by using a certain appraiser, it would be an endorsement of said appraiser by PS, and that''s not what this forum is about.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I think this is a good idea. We can also look into what they do on the Purse Forum where only proven and regular members are invited to join a sub-forum that allows selling and buying.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results