shape
carat
color
clarity

How About a Bangle???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I posted a thread on Rocky Talk about tennis bracelets, but perhaps the discussion is more appropriate here. I am still thinking that I want a new tennis bracelet, but then I got to looking at some diamond bangles and wondering if that might not be a better choice. Whiteflash has one with larger diamonds just around the top half and Wink has one with smaller diamonds all the way around. Both are shared prong. Any thoughts from any of you bracelet lovers? Would a bangle be as durable and comfortable for everyday wear as a tennis bracelet? Would you get the bigger diamonds halfway or the smaller ones all the way around???

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI SD:

Somewhere in the SMTR file is my custom made white gold diamond bangle from Wink. It looks like an "eternity ring" with diamonds the full circumference, all unifrom size. I absolutely love this piece and wear it almost daily--the diamonds are so bright and all you see is massive sparkleand very little of the white gold......I wish I have several of them!!

If I am not mistaken, Wink shows a prototype of this bracelet on his website. Good luck.

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bangle1.JPG

nothing like a little self-promotion to start the day
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bangle2.JPG

these pictures do NOT do this sparkler justice

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bangle3.JPG

forgive my freaky sun spots--but this is the last picture

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow Sharon, thanks for posting that. Your bracelet from Wink is simply breathtaking!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink worked with Adwar settings, right? There are a few bangle models on their catalog (LINK and there are more where these come from).

'Pascal Lacroix' rimes with 'bangle'
2.gif
There are many more designs by him aside the website, but these are the only ones I've tried on - the rounded 'comfort fit' makes them ridiculously comfortable. The price tag was quite impressive though.... If you wanted a solid bangle (these have a subtle closure, and that's much of what makes Lacroix bangles special, I guess), count a vote for a comfort fit one... if possible. The diamonds are protected from impact as well.
12.gif

bracelet_6.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ana: you are correct, it was Adwar. And I can see the definate benefit of having a "comfort" fit bangle.....

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Ana those are lovely. I didn''t know that there were "comfort fit" bangles. Great idea!

Sharon I know you have link bracelets too. Do you prefer wearing those or your stunning bangle?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2006 2:09:05 PM
Author: Sundial
Ana those are lovely. I didn''t know that there were ''comfort fit'' bangles. Great idea!

Sharon I know you have link bracelets too. Do you prefer wearing those or your stunning bangle?
HI SD:

I wear them all, alone or together. I no longer have a traditional tennis bracelet (gave my yellow gold 3 carat one to my sister last year), but I could easily have another one!
2.gif
Although I am no great fan of princess cuts, at XMas one jeweller I frequent had the most spectacular 12 carat pc tennis bracelet that was to DIE4, with VS stones. It was stunning!! Have you seen any other than RB stones?

SD Your budget seems that you could have both a bangle and a 3 carat traditional tennis style--and have the best of both worlds!!!!!
2.gif
3.gif
hehehehee

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Sharon you are a bad influence!!! I really do appreciate your input though. I guess there are no bad choices here.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 1:44:53 PM
Author: valeria101
Wink worked with Adwar settings, right? There are a few bangle models on their catalog (LINK and there are more where these come from).

''Pascal Lacroix'' rimes with ''bangle''
2.gif
There are many more designs by him aside the website, but these are the only ones I''ve tried on - the rounded ''comfort fit'' makes them ridiculously comfortable. The price tag was quite impressive though.... If you wanted a solid bangle (these have a subtle closure, and that''s much of what makes Lacroix bangles special, I guess), count a vote for a comfort fit one... if possible. The diamonds are protected from impact as well.
12.gif

bracelet_6.jpg
i''m not much of a fan of tennis bracelets....but these bangles are super!

movie zombie

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m pretty rough on my jewellery, so I figured when I had to have a diamond bangle (like it''s an essential
41.gif
) it would have to be reasonably small so it wouldn''t knock or flip around. The one I got is oval shaped and pretty fitted to my wrist without being uncomfortable, so it''s great for everyday wear, plus the base is very solid so even if I do knock it, it doesn''t dent easily. I do have a tennis bracelet on layby though, and plan to wear that every day too. The bangle was my 21st present from my DF 3 years ago, and is therefore very sentimental to me (plus I LOVE it, it''s beautiful), and although the tennis bracelet we are paying off is worth alot more and is my dream bracelet, I will wear the bangle on my wedding day instead because of what it means, and who gave it to me. But in terms of wearability I figure they''ll be much of a muchness.

I''ve posted a couple of pics to demonstrate the shape, and you can see how it contours to my wrist oh-so-noicely
3.gif
It''s 9ct yellow gold, with .50tcw pave set diamonds in white gold across the top. I just adore it.

DiaBangleAB2005.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A hand shot.

RingsBangleAB2005.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Snook thanks for posting pics of your gorgeous bangle!!! I love it. It is nice that you have such a special piece to treasure and we will look forward to seeing your tennis bracelet when you get it!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2006 2:36:27 AM
Author: Snook
A hand shot.
DandiAndi, is that you??? I recognize the jewelry.
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: moon river
DandiAndi, is that you??? I recognize the jewelry.
2.gif
So did I!!! It''s hard to be sneaky around here!
5.gif

widget

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder. I''ve noticed a few members changing their names. I had a problem awhile back when I first stopped luking and registered. One day I couldn''t log on anymore. I''ve heard this a couple of times(not from those I''ve noticed changing Id''s) Strm told me I had ''corrupted cookies''
32.gif

I may forget your name, your face, but I''ll never forget your jewelry. I''ve always been like that.
2.gif

orange_horse_fiance

Rough_Rock
I have recently become a HUGE fan of the FULL diamond bangle. I like the ones that are half diamonds too, but there is something about a full eternity bangle that really does it for me. I personally never wear my tennis bracelet, but think if I owned a daimond bangle it would rarely leave me wrist. I just think I wuld become addicted and require more than one on my wrist at all times
3.gif
41.gif
3.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are not quite like a stiff bangle, but I some Roberto Coin woven mesh bangles, I have white, yellow and rose gold. they come thin and thick plain and with diamonds, not covered, but a bit of sparkle. I love them. They are ultra comfortable and great if you tend to bang your wrists. I have a couple of pave type bangles and it seems every time I wear it a stone falls out. Pave is of course different than a prong set stone, and those eternity bangles are stunning, but in terms of daily wear and durability, I am not so sure. The Roberto Coin bangles can be more casual or dressed up and when I tell you so easy to wear...I just get so many compliments on them too...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/14/2006 2:34:46 AM
Author: Snook
I''m pretty rough on my jewellery, so I figured when I had to have a diamond bangle (like it''s an essential
41.gif
) it would have to be reasonably small so it wouldn''t knock or flip around. The one I got is oval shaped and pretty fitted to my wrist without being uncomfortable, so it''s great for everyday wear, plus the base is very solid so even if I do knock it, it doesn''t dent easily. I do have a tennis bracelet on layby though, and plan to wear that every day too. The bangle was my 21st present from my DF 3 years ago, and is therefore very sentimental to me (plus I LOVE it, it''s beautiful), and although the tennis bracelet we are paying off is worth alot more and is my dream bracelet, I will wear the bangle on my wedding day instead because of what it means, and who gave it to me. But in terms of wearability I figure they''ll be much of a muchness.

I''ve posted a couple of pics to demonstrate the shape, and you can see how it contours to my wrist oh-so-noicely
3.gif
It''s 9ct yellow gold, with .50tcw pave set diamonds in white gold across the top. I just adore it.
I have seen this bracelet posted before - I love it! Can you tell us where you got this bracelet and do you know the inside measurements? I like it because it does fit well against your wrist. I love the oval shape as well!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2006 10:31:04 PM
Author: orange_horse_fiance
I have recently become a HUGE fan of the FULL diamond bangle. I like the ones that are half diamonds too, but there is something about a full eternity bangle that really does it for me. I personally never wear my tennis bracelet, but think if I owned a daimond bangle it would rarely leave me wrist. I just think I wuld become addicted and require more than one on my wrist at all times
3.gif
41.gif
3.gif
HI:

Oh, this has crossed my mnd more than once.......
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I am actually leaning toward this bangle from Whiteflash. What do you guys think?

WFbangle.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! What are the details?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That piece is delightful, SD--bet it would sparkle like mad......

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 7:14:15 PM
Author: diamondfan
I love it! What are the details?
The Whiteflash shared prong bangle that I am considering is 14 kt. white gold with 3 carats (18 diamonds) of ACA melee that is F/G in color and VS in clarity.

By the way Diamondfan do you have pictures for us of those Roberto Coin bangles you have? They sound gorgeous!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 7:59:00 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

That piece is delightful, SD--bet it would sparkle like mad......

cheers--Sharon
Thanks for your input Sharon. I think it is somewhat like your lovely bangle except the stones only go halfway around. Does yours have a hinged opening or does it just slide over your hand?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

SD: It is one uniform piece--and just slides over; I liken it to an "eternity" ring. I have long admired this bracelet--it would be stunning. Do you have small wrists?

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
My wrists are on the smallish side, but Renee at Whiteflash assures me that she smaller wrists and has worn this bangle comfortably. I do want to take my time making this decision though to make sure I get something I will really enjoy wearing. There are so many gorgeous bracelets out there to choose from!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results