shape
carat
color
clarity

How a pendant lays on the neck

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
A DBTY style necklace which is fixed to the chain seems to lay like a choker compared to a pendant on a bale which lays in a “v” shape. I prefer the choker look. Does anyone know whether this sort of setting would lay like a choker?

Thanks so much!

A2AD1767-90B7-40CA-B934-47DF94EAEF20.jpeg

Last edited:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think that setting would sit the way you want
This has worked for me. I reset my mom's stone in this many moons ago. (25+ years) I apologize for the old fuzzy pictures. It's a lot smaller than that neck shot suggests and does always sit flat.
My only concern about the setting you shared is whether the bezel would flip around.
The multicolored bezel necklace is four separate pieces. As much as I love the meaning behind that necklace, (family birthstones) I rarely wear it because the stones flip around on me. However, the shot you shared shows more of a slit in the metal for the chain to sit in while these are small holes. Maybe that would make a difference.
629226 571728

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
I really like the choker look vs the typical pendant look but I’m struggling a bit. Will have to go to a jeweller & have a play around!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't tell if your inspo photo actually is a fixed bezel or a slide? The second photo looks like a slide to me. I have a few bezels set as slides and they don't flip and the chain looks less like a "V" than a pendant on a bale. But I wouldn't call them chokers really. I can't speak to a bezel fixed on a chain but I would think anything with a bale would make more of a "V".

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
I can't tell if your inspo photo actually is a fixed bezel or a slide? The second photo looks like a slide to me. I have a few bezels set as slides and they don't flip and the chain looks less like a "V" than a pendant on a bale. But I wouldn't call them chokers really. I can't speak to a bezel fixed on a chain but I would think anything with a bale would make more of a "V".

That me very helpful thank you! I suppose choker is the wrong word. I just mean not a v? The photos are actually of the same necklace! So a slide pendant. If you have a slide pendant and it doesn’t lay in a v shape, perhaps that’s the right way for me to go!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
It will lay in a V shape… I have a sliding pendant and it lays in a V shape to my eyes but perhaps you mean something a bit different.

If you scroll down to post #7, I have a couple of neck shots.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that depends on how the slide is made and where the chain enters and exits. It certainly won't look like a choker but I do think it will look less like a "V" than something hanging from a bale.

Happytobemrsg

Shiny_Rock
It will lay in a V shape… I have a sliding pendant and it lays in a V shape to my eyes but perhaps you mean something a bit different.

If you scroll down to post #7, I have a couple of neck shots.
Your beautiful pendant was saved as inspiration!! That’s definitely more off a v shape than I wanted. Does that mean I need to go for a fixed pendant such as a DBTY?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results