shape
carat
color
clarity

Houston we have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6277344.html?m

Houston taxpayers may be forced to pay off the debts of first-time homebuyers.

Seriously. Seriously.

I have some student loan debt, does that count.
11.gif

My favorite part:

The $444,000 for the program is leftover money from a $1.5 million appropriation the city made for emergency home and roof repairs after Hurricane Ike.

I didn''t realize everything was back to normal.
20.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
That will never fly in Houston (lived there 12 years) but that is the political climate we are currently in. The era of the victim.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I just think its so irresponsible. Apparently it is a very "conservative" process meant to help those that are only 20 points or so away from an acceptable credit score. So the grant of up to $3000 is supposed to help them repair their credit fast so they can get a house. And it is meant for "serious" homebuyers, not for people who need their hands held.

Okay.

So does someone care to explain to me why the "serious" homeowner can''t save up the 3k to fix their OWN credit?! God forbid they move in and their A/C goes out in the middle of the summer or a hurricane strikes and they need to rebuild their fence.*

Happened to me and DH, and we sucked it up, because we were responsible to begin with.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Well that was fast. The plan was killed.
36.gif

Way to get me worked up for nothing!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Told ya
emwink.gif
That crap might fly in Taxachussets or Victimafornia but not in Texas. Here we generally require you to work for what you want.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Whhhaaat? No way.

I live in HOuston,
Guess I missed that one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results