shape
carat
color
clarity

Houston jeweler

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calling @RunningwithScissors or other Houstonians - I need several minor adjustments and modifications to a few pieces of jewelry. I don't know of a good jeweler in my area. Whiteflash doesn't typically work on outside jewelry and the couple I have been to are not up to par. I have taken a few things to Tenenbaums and they did "ok" but I thought their prices were pretty high for the work they did. Is $125 normal to shorten a chain, $50 to remove a brooch pin? I can always send the pieces to DK but I would rather find someone local to do small jobs. Who do yall recommend?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Calling @RunningwithScissors or other Houstonians - I need several minor adjustments and modifications to a few pieces of jewelry. I don't know of a good jeweler in my area. Whiteflash doesn't typically work on outside jewelry and the couple I have been to are not up to par. I have taken a few things to Tenenbaums and they did "ok" but I thought their prices were pretty high for the work they did. Is $125 normal to shorten a chain, $50 to remove a brooch pin? I can always send the pieces to DK but I would rather find someone local to do small jobs. Who do yall recommend?

Hi Gussie!

I wish I knew a good local Houston bench, but I don't. I've had good experiences with alterations at Tiffany's and VCA, but that's on their own pieces of course.

I was happy with some minor work done at a bench in my suburb, but it may be a long way for your to drive (depending on where you live). If you want to email me, I'm happy to pass the name along to you. I don't want to post the name publicly because it will out my suburb. (Pull up my Loupetroop listing in the Preloved thread.)

In Houston, I've always been treated well at Reiner's Fine Jewelry, but I've never had work done at their bench, so can't speak to the quality. I do find the owner an honest, knowledgable guy for what that's worth.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! For some reason, I think we live on opposite sides of Houston. I guess I will give Tenenbaums another shot. Going in there is such a feast for the eyes.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I guess I will give Tenenbaums another shot. Going in there is such a feast for the eyes.

Totally! I was in there recently and was drooling over these monsters:

And they have a Graff 2.5 ct EC ring -- its "small" by comparison, but the quality of the cut, at least to my eyes, blows most other ECs out of the water!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results