shape
carat
color
clarity

HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2006 5:28:57 PM
Author: AmberWaves
RT, It''s a floor fan. and he''s a dachshund, so he stands in front of it. Not sit, not lie, STANDS. Stretches out in front of it.
1.gif
Oh you have to post a picture of that sight! How hilarious!

It''s 100-102 here in Portland, OR, and I want to die. we just updated our furnace & had our 100 year old house plumbed for a/c and bought the biggest condenser we could get, but we waited to buy the actual unit & I hate it!

my old house does not stay cool, so I have a window unit in my baby''s room and another in my living room. His room stays at about 78 and my living room is about 82...ok..but not great. My daylight basement & office down there are ICE COLD! about 68 to70//

Jeannine

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/24/2006 12:35:20 AM
Author: divergrrl

Date: 7/17/2006 5:28:57 PM
Author: AmberWaves
RT, It''s a floor fan. and he''s a dachshund, so he stands in front of it. Not sit, not lie, STANDS. Stretches out in front of it.
1.gif
Oh you have to post a picture of that sight! How hilarious!

It''s 100-102 here in Portland, OR, and I want to die. we just updated our furnace & had our 100 year old house plumbed for a/c and bought the biggest condenser we could get, but we waited to buy the actual unit & I hate it!

my old house does not stay cool, so I have a window unit in my baby''s room and another in my living room. His room stays at about 78 and my living room is about 82...ok..but not great. My daylight basement & office down there are ICE COLD! about 68 to70//

Jeannine
Hi Jeannine ~
emrose.gif

Oh my gosh ... I hear ya girl! Today was another hot day ... I know it was at least 104* in the valley today! No A/C!
14.gif

I have the misters that are mounted to my covered patio going, the sprinkler for the kids going, shades drawn and all bedroom ceiling fans going.

Right now my house is still warm, about 86* @ 1:34 am, windows open ceiling fans going, other standing fans going trying to suck the cold air outside about 76* to come in and at the other end of the house fans trying to push the air out!

At least tomorrow will be about 10* cooler, only about 94*. I long for the days living on the coast, ocean breeze ... 68-78*''s ... I can at least go stand infront of the freezer when no one is looking and pretend for about 30 sec''s!
31.gif

Hope tomorrow is alot cooler, I hope the weatherman is wrong and the high will be 84 instead!

Take care, and meet ya in the frozen section at the supermarket!
35.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 6:45:19 PM
Author: ladykemma

Date: 7/18/2006 6:01:46 AM
Author: MiniMouse
I do feel sorry for all you guys suffering from the heat even though I''m in Saudi Arabia and the heat here can be unbearable. We are used to the heat but I find it more difficult when I go home to the UK and it''s hot, because places are just not geared up for the heat and cars do not come with A/C as standard. Most houses don''t have A/C either.

At the moment it''s nearly 1pm and 109F outside. Hubby called half an hour ago to say he''s locked out of the house so I had to race out and drive home and back to work again. Today''s considered a warm day, so it''s not bad. There are many days when we reach 115F plus, but fortunately office and home are geared up for the heat. We have a/c running 24 hours a day everywhere. Even in winter time it seems to rarely get switched off for long as the days are very pleasant. When I go outside, I know when it''s really hot, usually when I breathe in and my nostrils burn. That''s when I know it''s above 115F. It''s seriously awful. A breeze here in the summer time is no different to a hairdyer switched on and turned on your face. I''d never have believed it before coming out to the Middle East. BUT, like I said, it''s bearable here because the country is geared up for the hot weather. I sympathise with you guys and especially because you''re having to pay A/C bills. Thank goodness the company here pays our bills, otherwise I''d have to fry or visit the shopping mall regularly for my A/C fix!
you''re allowed to drive there?
I work on a huge compound called Saudi Aramco. It is like an enclosed town. We ladies are allowed to drive on camp, THANK GOD!!! We can''t drive in the local community, but I wonder if I''d really want to, the driving is horrendous, you''d freak. I don''t know anyone who hasn''t at least known someone who has been killed in a car accident. It seriously is dangerous here. It''s so tame when I return back to the UK or States.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am good with my water, but unfortunately a coffee shop nearby has started serving these iced frappucinos ( or whatever they are called!) They have strong coffee syrup at the bottom, milky coffee on top with cream and sprinkles - YUM! The contrast of the bitter coffee syrup and the sweet coffee and cream is heavenly....BUT I don''t indulge often, one isn''t enough and they must be about a pint serving size!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Somebody shoot me and put me out of my misery!!!

I was so HAPPY to escape the heat by going to WORK today....only to come in and find out the AC is BROKEN and won''t be fixed till WED!!! ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I''m melting, I''m meltingggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no that sucks you poor thing!!!!
39.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I HATE HEAT!

110 saturday and sunday....saturday our AC went belly up. 101 inside the house. waited 12 hours for the 24 hour emergency people or we''d have been at the beach or at the movies keeping cool. soaks in cool tubs, sarongs sprayed with water, lots of cool water, and i still feel like i''m in a sauna.

company says it will take 3 weeks to replace the evaporator. local one in our little town says 1.5 weeks.

i spent the day in santa cruz and at the movies to come home to a 97 degree house. lovely.

cats seem to be doing ok. better today than sunday.

did i mention i hate hot weather?!

movie zombie

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
OMG...it''s soooooo hot, and every single store that I''ve been to in San Diego is sold out of fans! They can''t keep them on the shelves due to this stinkin heat wave!

Usually we have this awesome breeze that whips through our house all the time....this is the first time in 3 years that the breeze has dried up and we''re absolutely baking!

Is it ever going to end??
face3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we were 95 today vs 105 yesterday, and tomorrow is supposed to be 87 and then low 80''s by end of week. so it looks like for us at least it''s cooling down. anyone else?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we were 95 today vs 105 yesterday, and tomorrow is supposed to be 87 and then low 80''s by end of week. so it looks like for us at least it''s cooling down. anyone else?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ms Darlin Joy!! That''s right! You''re a PSer from P-town too eh? I''m in West Linn and its HOT here too. Today was a scorcher. I had a bright idea to take my ds to Bridgeport Village to get gelato..yea, its HOT THERE! LOL.

When its not so hot, we should do coffee downtown by ABC and go try on sparklies!

Jeannine

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/24/2006 2:37:25 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Somebody shoot me and put me out of my misery!!!

I was so HAPPY to escape the heat by going to WORK today....only to come in and find out the AC is BROKEN and won''t be fixed till WED!!! ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I''m melting, I''m meltingggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
HI:

My sister emailed me and told me the same thing. Too, we have had roving blackouts due to xs electricity consumption.
I thought the weather was cooling down and was duped by the dark rain clouds....the rain didn''t come to fruition....just left the humidity!!!! Slightly cooler temps tho at 26 (c). Better than -26 for sure......

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
so much for a cooling trend, Mara! its 92 here at 1045a in the lovely scruz mountains!!!!

and it looks like we may have our AC replaced/fixed on friday....$3500 later but wave that magic wand [plastic credit card] and make it so, is what i''ve told my husband!

movie zombie

ps for that kind of $$$ i could have bought some gorgeous amethyst from richard wise! interesting how quickly priorities change!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
update: 105.5 in the shade here yesterday.

good news: temperature outside this a.m. at 635a was 61 and inside was a mere 73.

a small improvement, but i''ll take it. i slept in front of a downstairs open window and actually had the pleasure of being a bit cold this morning!

interesting that friends in mountain view [sf bay area] report that it was only about 90 there yesterday.

off to santa cruz today to cool off. i can only take that kind of heat every other day. hopefully, replacement AC will be in and functional on friday.

movie zombie

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is definitely much cooler this morning, and overcast. I hope it stays somewhat cool so we can pack and move this week/weekend!!! It''s the first morning I can be anywhere in the house but right in front of the fan and not be sweating.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results