shape
carat
color
clarity

HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
It''s been really hot here this week. I finally broke down and turned on my AC. I''m a lot like Mara...when my house starts to hit mid-80s, it''s time to turn on the AC. I set it around 78-80. We have a programmable thermostat so it''s warmer in the middle of the day and at night. We use ceiling fans to help blow the air around. It makes a big difference.

Last night we had big storms and most of my city lost power. I woke up to no electricity and which includes no AC. It''s supposed to be 97 with high humidity today. Makes going to the office not seem so bad :)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
DH and I have been having the battle of the AC. We don''t mind it being warm during the day, but at night it has to be cold or I can''t sleep. He doesn''t want to pay the higher electric bill for my comfort. My solution: I''m going to buy a stand fan to put on my side of the bed, so that I can be nice and chilly. And a little fan for the bathroom, it gets so hot when I''m drying my hair in the morning.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
The UK is experiencing a heat wave at the moment (seriously). The trouble is that we are just not used to these kinds of temperatures.

It's the first time in five years that I have been forced to take my thermal vest off!

OMG.....we are talking hot!
6.gif

I think it is worse for animals, because they can't take their fur coat off!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I HATE HATE HATE the heaT. I tell my family all the time that I need to move to Alaska!! I have had my AC set on 78 since....May. I hate it.. especailly at night.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
NEVER underestimate the cooling power of a fan - be it free standing or ceiling. It moves the air - and is very energy efficient.
1.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 6:01:46 AM
Author: MiniMouse
I do feel sorry for all you guys suffering from the heat even though I''m in Saudi Arabia and the heat here can be unbearable. We are used to the heat but I find it more difficult when I go home to the UK and it''s hot, because places are just not geared up for the heat and cars do not come with A/C as standard. Most houses don''t have A/C either.

At the moment it''s nearly 1pm and 109F outside. Hubby called half an hour ago to say he''s locked out of the house so I had to race out and drive home and back to work again. Today''s considered a warm day, so it''s not bad. There are many days when we reach 115F plus, but fortunately office and home are geared up for the heat. We have a/c running 24 hours a day everywhere. Even in winter time it seems to rarely get switched off for long as the days are very pleasant. When I go outside, I know when it''s really hot, usually when I breathe in and my nostrils burn. That''s when I know it''s above 115F. It''s seriously awful. A breeze here in the summer time is no different to a hairdyer switched on and turned on your face. I''d never have believed it before coming out to the Middle East. BUT, like I said, it''s bearable here because the country is geared up for the hot weather. I sympathise with you guys and especially because you''re having to pay A/C bills. Thank goodness the company here pays our bills, otherwise I''d have to fry or visit the shopping mall regularly for my A/C fix!
you''re allowed to drive there?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Am I the only one who loves the heat??? There is very little humidity in my neck of the woods and I like 30 (C) quite well.......Altho I drew the (tolerance) line at 120(F) one year in Palm Springs where I had to seek refuge in a/c........

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 7:06:33 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Am I the only one who loves the heat??? There is very little humidity in my neck of the woods and I like 30 (C) quite well.......Altho I drew the (tolerance) line at 120(F) one year in Palm Springs where I had to seek refuge in a/c........

cheers--Sharon
You''re lucky not to have any humidity where you are. It''s soooo HH&S Hazy, hot and sticky here. I''d take a cold freezing winter day over this. Give me some snow, hot chocolate, fun food and I am in heaven. Yeah I say that now, LOL!!!!
20.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
UGH. I'm "glistening like a pig" here!!!! NO OVEN today....Made grilled chicken (that's bad enough) and having salad and nice iced tea...UGH. The AC has been on for a month already...once it is above 80, that puppy goes on. It is set for 65 LOL...I'm not even kidding. Hubby and I should live in the arctic. Buildings here in queens/nyc tend to trap and keep the heat so it really needs to be that low. Poor hubby has to ride the subway!!!!!!!!!!!!
face14.gif
....Maybe a little ice cream tonight! I'm in the mood to celebrate- got my white whale- my marc jacobs courtney...more than half off of orig price! Yippee!!! Fudgy the Whale is in order for all! :)

ps- I was SO just thinking the same thing. I looked at a blanket over my chair and was like COME ON WINTER AND HOT COCO!!! THose are the days!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 7:12:23 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''d take a cold freezing winter day over this. Give me some snow, hot chocolate, fun food and I am in heaven.
Amen amen amen. I love the cold. Not snot-freezing-in-your-nose cold (been there), but cozy and chilly.

It''s not humid here....but I''ve lived in Houston, so I know HH&S. Yuck.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2006 7:23:47 PM
Author: moremoremore
Fudgy the Whale is in order for all! :)
Oh man, I miss Carvel. They had the best flying saucers. And ice cream cakes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/18/2006 7:12:23 PM

Date: 7/18/2006 7:06:33 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

cheers--Sharon
You''re lucky not to have any humidity where you are. It''s soooo HH&S Hazy, hot and sticky here. I''d take a cold freezing winter day over this. Give me some snow, hot chocolate, fun food and I am in heaven. Yeah I say that now, LOL!!!!
20.gif
HI:

I don''t live in the humidity---but can''t say I really mind it.....but I do like the heat...and I''d trade the snow anyday!!!!!! Trading places maybe???
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
We keep our central air on 64 in the summertime.....it''s a bit cool downstairs (as in I sit with a fleece blanket if I''m watching TV on the sofa), but it''s just right upstairs to sleep, so that''s the magic number.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ladies stop complaining about the heat. we will be averaging 104* for the next 7 days.
14.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 1:21:16 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
ladies stop complaining about the heat. we will be averaging 104* for the next 7 days.
14.gif
DF you need to feel the real heat in Philly. At least you don''t have humidity. It''s no joke, but sure it''s no picnic where you are either. How do your Koi deal with the heat?? What extra things do you have to do for them to keep them comfortable?? I am clueless when it comes to fish.
34.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I live on a narrow stip of sand with the Pacific on one side and the Bay on the other, so we usually have an awesome cool breeze and our townhouse stays around 72-74 all summer long and we don''t even have air conditioning and rarely need more than the ceiling fans to cool things down!

But, it''s been really dreadful since we''ve been back from vacation, and we can''t sleep with anything on....
31.gif
...the bed at all! Not even a thin sheet is bearable. My skin feels all greasy and a glass of iced tea makes a puddle on table from the condensation...

But, it was so much hotter in Central Washington and Southern British Columbia a couple of weeks ago, so we still feel fortunate to be escaping that 103-105 degree heat!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2006 2:03:48 AM

Date: 7/19/2006 1:21:16 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
14.gif
DF you need to feel the real heat in Philly. At least you don''t have humidity. It''s no joke, but sure it''s no picnic where you are either. How do your Koi deal with the heat?? What extra things do you have to do for them to keep them comfortable?? I am clueless when it comes to fish.
34.gif
true...we have dry heat here.i can''t stand humidity
14.gif
the koi pond is only 74* ,i will get nervous if it hits 85* but,i don''t think so.
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are saying today will be the hottest day EVER in the UK, over 100 degrees
7.gif
It is my poor horses and cats I feel sorry for.

mingagreen

Shiny_Rock
Well the heat has finally broken here in Philly area, I woke up in the middle of the night and had to turn the fan down I WAS CHILLY!!!!! It was dreadful. DD took 4 cool baths yesterday and we played in the hose for a bit. I found myself just wanting to drive around so I could be in the car with the AC on. We don''t have AC but live in the woods and it is usually bearable but not these last few days. We went out to dinner on Monday and got home after 8 pm and the house was 83F yuck! I really don''t like the heat at all and I am from Florida.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad to hear Philly residents are getting some respite finally. I hope we get storms here soon, before I melt like a lump of lard....
emotion-41.gif

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Sigh--it''s 105 here today and humid. I don''t mind heat though. It''s cold wheather that gets me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hot here still!!!! Now I am eating my words about the heat--and it is predicted to continue to be 30 degrees for the next week! Unusual for us, it is never this warm this consistently and especially at night.....oh for the love of air conditioning!!!!

Still warm in your folks neck of the woods?

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The heat has finally broken here. We had 3 thunderstorms yesterday. My dog is a wreck due to all the thunderstorms poor guy. I gave him some homeopathic medicine which helped. But once he hears the thunder he shakes like a jackhammer.
14.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re SWELTERING. It''s unbearably hot IMO....actually even hotter IN our house than outside. We don''t have AC (just 1 window unit that you have to stand directly in front of to feel) and to make it worse we''re MOVING. So we''re supposed to be packing and getting stuff out of here and it''s unbearable in our apt. Literally can''t sit anywhere except directly in front of the window unit - and if you''re more than 3 feet away, you can''t feel anything and it''s just chokingly hot. I just want to roll over and die!!!
14.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
we''re expecting 111* today.
34.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yesterday it was absolutely unbearable outside....i don''t even know how hot it was but it HAD to be over 100 and there is a touch of humidity too which is unusual for us. in the morning on my way to kbox it was 94 at 8:45am. my girlfriend said she was driving out of SF and it was 98!!! in SF! that''s pretty insane. we had to go to a BBQ yesterday and we didn''t want to leave our house! we went 2 hours late and it was still sweltering outside, didn''t cool off until about 9pm. we went for a walk outside at 11:30pm and it still felt like about 85-87. today is the same...we''re hiding inside today and cleaning the house from top to bottom in the A/C...haha. maybe we''ll BBQ outside tonite.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I just got off the phone with my son who said it was 113 yesterday! (Small town near Santa Rosa)

We Northern Californians are pretty spoiled.....this is AWFUL!!!!!!

widget

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

On the way to the mall to seek the a/c, I had all the windows down in the car to get the breeze--but no reprieve!! Air too hot!!! And the mal, too,l was seemingly warm. Out to restaurant for dinner--I cannot bear the thought of eating in this warm house....

cheers--Sharon (need an emotioncon with a fan or sweating...)

ETA: oh, it's 31 (C) and someone is outside cutting their lawn
6.gif

genette

Shiny_Rock
I live in Hawaii and I think the highest we''ve reached so far this month is 90 or upper 80''s but it is very humid. I usually set the AC to 50 to keep cool at home and god bless central air

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well, everyone is complaining about the heat in Seattle. We have set records for the last three days reaching 95-98 degrees. Normally, we only get two days all year above 90 degrees. I like being out in the heat outside, but my apartment is killing me!! I live on the 3rd floor of my brick apartment building (no AC, nowhere is Seattle really has AC) on the Southwest corner. It''s stifling in there. I''m actually getting some good pricescope time in by sitting in the Starbucks on my block and drinking a Frapuccino. I spent all day out in the sun and I''m fried ... I wish it was legally for me to sleep out at the beach park a block away from my place, I''d totally do it. I am going to be so exhausted this week! By the time it has cooled down long enough for me to get to sleep, it''s time to wake up!!! All my plants are dying.

I normally love the heat as long as I can have air conditioning at bedtime. It''s supposed to cool back down to 84 tomorrow which will be good, especially for the elderly. Remember, Seattle really doesn''t have air conditioning anywhere except for malls and chain stores (like Starbucks). I thought some of my fellow choir members were going to faint under their choir robes this morning!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results