shape
carat
color
clarity

Hot,sticky weather & wearing pearls

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I love wearing my new Hanadama pearls but I have read not to wear them if you are going to be sweating. With summer approaching & long hot days ahead I expect I shall be getting a little sweaty! Does this mean that we will be damaging our pearls if we wear then daily?
I wipe mine down daily with a micro-fibre cloth dampened with pearl cleaning spray. Can I wear them on hot days or leave them off until the days cool down?

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wear them whenever you want. But they may feel too heavy on the three days of the English summer(!). Consider a station necklace for hot times - much lighter. Or earrings and bracelet combo is nice once we find we have arms again.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like to wear anything around my neck when it is hot and sticky, definitely not a strand of pearls, the most I would wear is a pendant on a chain.

Personal preference and all that.

DK :))

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear the pearls whenever you like, and wipe them down later.
That being said, I can't stand wearing necklaces of any kind when it's hot and humid.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been wearing a baby akoya bracelet 24/7 since January. Showers, working out, sleep etc. 2 months isn’t much time at all but so far they look the same or even better than my baby akoya necklace strand that I wear intermittently heh.

Personally I plan to wear pearls in the summer, through sweat and sunscreen and wash/wipe appropriately. No point having them if I can’t enjoy them!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been wearing a baby akoya bracelet 24/7 since January. Showers, working out, sleep etc. 2 months isn’t much time at all but so far they look the same or even better than my baby akoya necklace strand that I wear intermittently heh.

Personally I plan to wear pearls in the summer, through sweat and sunscreen and wash/wipe appropriately. No point having them if I can’t enjoy them!

I love your passion for pearls! I just hope I don't ruin mine if they get sweaty because I love them:kiss2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was reading some thing just yesterday that Google threw at me about sweat and peaels

i would have though only peeps with acidic skin would have to worry ?

Its braclete i can't stand in the heat

And boo hiss humility

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's skin is acidic-- just some people more than others. It's called the acid mantle and has its own Wikipedia page:

"The acid mantle is a very fine, slightly acidic film on the surface of human skin acting as a barrier to bacteria, viruses and other potential contaminants that might penetrate the skin.[1] Sebum is secreted by the sebaceous gland and when mixed with sweat becomes the acid mantle. The pH of the skin is between 4.5 and 6.2, slightly acidic.[2][3] Since blood is slightly alkaline (7.4), pathogenic bacteria that become adapted to the pH of the skin and are able to reach internal tissues will encounter an environment to which they are less well adapted. This combination of acidic exterior and alkaline interior is one of the body's non-specific host defenses against bacterial pathogens"

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Not to be an enabler- but maybe create a summer collection of budget friendly pearls for those very hot days just in case?

I do have some nice lilac freshwater pearls & a strand of Akoyas that are not the best I've ever seen, so perhaps I'll wear those & see what happens to them in hot sweaty weather. Such a shame, as I really want to wear my lovely new Hanadamas but I don't want to ruin them!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh boy this summer has been so hot
ive hardly managed anything around my neck more than a pendent on a simple chain

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
First day ive been cold
Pearls are going to be worn this week

very anoying i can't find my carnival strand of mixed and dyed fun freshies
i suspect a kitty may have knocked it off the back of my dutchess or something ????
I wanted to wear them for Easter because they are so festive and fun

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results