shape
carat
color
clarity

Hot-Pink Tourmaline Oblong Ring, Approx 2.7 Carats

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my new pink tourmaline ring. The stone is 9x 7mm so about 2.7 carats. The store thinks it has not been treated, partly because it retains some black inclusions which you don't notice in real life, and it looks like a rubellite tourmaline to me due to the hot-pink color, although I'm not an expert. The setting is 925 sterling silver, which made this an affordable piece. I love the chunky modern setting - I don't have anything else like this. I had some issues with getting it sized, but that's solved and I'm really enjoying wearing it! Hope you like the photos, taken in a variety of lighting. I love this intense-colored stone.

_34770.jpg

_34771.jpg

_34772.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Hot-Pink Tourmaline Oblong Ring

Some more photos.

_34773.jpg

_34774.jpg

_34775.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Hot-Pink Tourmaline Oblong Ring

Congrats with your stunning stone. It indeed looks like a rubellite. I love the modern setting you choose for it.

Enjoy wearing your beautiful ring.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous. I love the color and the setting really showcases the stone. Looks sleek and totally comfortable!!

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
That colour really pops! Enjoy your beautiful new ring!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stone and ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Such a pretty pop of color! :appl: The stone really looks nice in that setting! Well done! :clap:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool I have a bit of a "thing" for tourmalines!!! :lol:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for the nice remarks, everyone!

Arkie, I have also developed a thing for tourmaline. I'd love some nice green tourmaline items. I do feel that it's often overpriced, though. It seems to occupy an odd space between semi-precious gems (such as citrine, blue topaz and amethyst) and precious gems like sapphire and ruby. I saw a nice pair of green tourmaline studs set in white gold - a standard four-prong setting, nothing special - but they were $600, which I thought was too much. This ring is set in sterling silver which made it affordable, but even so I think it was under-priced given the beauty of the stone. Ir's not often that you find nice tourmaline at a fair price so I snapped it up. I'd love a set of green tourmaline but at the current prices I don't think it's going to happen!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PRETTY!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Motownmama! I love your sapphires, too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results