shape
carat
color
clarity

Hopped on the Tahitian pearl train

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are no good for my wallet :whistle::lol-2:. I got caught browsing the “show us your Tahitian pearl strands” and next thing I know this baby is on its way to me :geek2::kiss2:

8CA86981-6FD6-4F41-A86E-F87B46310842.jpeg E980E1F5-C115-433B-84AA-F747B7B67002.jpeg

9.0-10.8mm, AA+ quality, and 18” length. Should be here in a few days!!!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Heh heh! It happens! Once the strands is in your hot little hands, post a neck shot please! Looks promising!

-C4C

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heh heh! It happens! Once the strands is in your hot little hands, post a neck shot please! Looks promising!

-C4C
I ended up talking with Erin about the strand and she was great. She said it had a lot of color variation (which was important to me) and some great peacock overtones (also what I wanted). I might shorten the strand a bit and then work with their designer to make some earrings from the pearls for me.

It should get here tomorrow and then I'll start playing with options!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It looks like a lovely strand. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

How did PP describe this strand.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! It looks like a lovely strand. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

How did PP describe this strand.
This was the website’s description:
“This lustrous strand features Tahitian pearls with a dark green body color with iridescent peacock overtones. The pearls are round, with light natural blemishes and showcases the highest luster. The finished strand will be approximately 18 inches in length, knotted on color-matching silk”

When I spoke with Erin she said the description was very accurate - lots of green and peacock, but that there was a beautiful silver overtone as well (I was happy to hear that). She said she saw cherry, blue, gold, green, and silver throughout the strand. She also said it had an amazing luster and the pearls were very round (she kind of sounded in awe when she said those last two things, as though they might not always be the case in AA+’s?). She did ask if slight blemishes would bother me since it was AA+ and I told her no, they were fine; with this bring my first big pearl purchase I’m not ready to invest in AAA quality before knowing how often I’ll wear them.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh Oh!
Be warned that this is the start of a whole new addiction!
Rings, earrings, pendants, more rings.........Pearls are so addictive!
Neck shots, please, when you get it!:appl:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh Oh!
Be warned that this is the start of a whole new addiction!
Rings, earrings, pendants, more rings.........Pearls are so addictive!
Neck shots, please, when you get it!:appl:
I’m already very, very afraid :lol:

Do you ladies keep your pearls boxed up or do you hang them on display/jewelry chest? My biggest problem with accessorizing is that I don’t even think about what’s available to wear :(2. I swear my next big purchase will be a huge jewelry chest with see-thru panels that I can hang on a wall right by where I get ready every day!!!

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m already very, very afraid :lol:

Do you ladies keep your pearls boxed up or do you hang them on display/jewelry chest? My biggest problem with accessorizing is that I don’t even think about what’s available to wear :(2. I swear my next big purchase will be a huge jewelry chest with see-thru panels that I can hang on a wall right by where I get ready every day!!!

Your pearls will be strung on silk thread which can stretch over time. Therefore, you don't want to hang a pearl necklace on a hook in a jewelry chest. I keep mine in a tray.

The description sounds like they will be very nice.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, neck shots! What do you ladies think?

I have to say that the color variations aren’t as strong as I’d hoped for, but at the same time I love the silvery blue color.

PP’s photo, for reference
8E692353-AC13-4D80-B77D-E458FE6B9CE3.jpeg

Outdoor in the shade
8D622368-D642-432F-80BA-F5A92CA71A5A.jpeg

23A5DC71-AC07-48CB-97DA-918A8E61238B.jpeg

B1CA1969-9363-47FA-A809-1CD82279BED7.jpeg

Direct sun
BED693A2-848F-4F07-98B6-E25E82A397CC.jpeg

Indoors
6400AF76-FE54-462F-A394-84C122990F48.jpeg

I’d really love your thoughts on if you think it’s a good strand.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a high luster, glowy strand. Hard to tell overtones from pictures. The more important question is do you like it? Does it make you feel fab?

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Lovely strand! :mrgreen: They appear to have great luster! From the neck shots, the strand seems pretty uniform in color but that can be hard to tell in a picture.

You might try taking a few pictures of the strand in the white PP box or on a white paper towel to give us an idea of the overtones.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Overtones never show in direct light. They only pop against white and in diffuse light (like in the shade, when it's foggy out, in the evening when the lights are dimmed, or in a light box). So you may see them in some lights and not at all in others (and it's a real skill to get them to photograph even when you do see them). But your strand is beautiful with great luster and I like the main body colour against your skin. How did you find the AA+ quality in terms of blemishes? I can't see any in the pictures....

Q

Queenie60

martha-multi2 (3).jpg This is the strand of Tahitians I'm getting for Mother's Day. I love Tahitian Pearls!!! And I also keep mine in a tray rather than hanging them. Love seeing all of the beautiful pearls.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, my apologies for taking so long to reply. It’s been a crazy week.

It looks like a high luster, glowy strand. Hard to tell overtones from pictures. The more important question is do you like it? Does it make you feel fab?

I do REALLY like it. I feel like a million bucks with it around my neck. The pearls are so smooth and cool-feeling against my skin and the color is steel-blue color they give off is gorgeous. I just wish the variations were more apparent.

Lovely strand! :mrgreen: They appear to have great luster! From the neck shots, the strand seems pretty uniform in color but that can be hard to tell in a picture.

You might try taking a few pictures of the strand in the white PP box or on a white paper towel to give us an idea of the overtones.

I’ll do that, hopefully tomorrow! Thanks for the tip.

Overtones never show in direct light. They only pop against white and in diffuse light (like in the shade, when it's foggy out, in the evening when the lights are dimmed, or in a light box). So you may see them in some lights and not at all in others (and it's a real skill to get them to photograph even when you do see them). But your strand is beautiful with great luster and I like the main body colour against your skin. How did you find the AA+ quality in terms of blemishes? I can't see any in the pictures....

Thanks for the detailed info. It might be the only time in my life that I wished my skin was paler (so the colors would show more :lol-2:). I’ll admit to not taking a super close look at the pearls for blemishes but can say that they looked very clean on my first pass. There were no glaring pitting or scratches and the luster is very shiny and reflective. I’ll look closer tomorrow when I take the photos and update you again.

martha-multi2 (3).jpg This is the strand of Tahitians I'm getting for Mother's Day. I love Tahitian Pearls!!! And I also keep mine in a tray rather than hanging them. Love seeing all of the beautiful pearls.

Gorgeous! :appl: Where are those from? I can’t wait to see them on you!!

What kind of tray are you using to store your pearls? Do you keep them out in the open?

Q

Queenie60

First, my apologies for taking so long to reply. It’s been a crazy week.

I do REALLY like it. I feel like a million bucks with it around my neck. The pearls are so smooth and cool-feeling against my skin and the color is steel-blue color they give off is gorgeous. I just wish the variations were more apparent.

I’ll do that, hopefully tomorrow! Thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the detailed info. It might be the only time in my life that I wished my skin was paler (so the colors would show more :lol-2:). I’ll admit to not taking a super close look at the pearls for blemishes but can say that they looked very clean on my first pass. There were no glaring pitting or scratches and the luster is very shiny and reflective. I’ll look closer tomorrow when I take the photos and update you again.

Gorgeous! :appl: Where are those from? I can’t wait to see them on you!!

What kind of tray are you using to store your pearls? Do you keep them out in the open?
My pearls are from Tahitianpearls.biz. I don't buy directly from their website, I contact directly and they go into their inventory to help me with what I'm looking for. I've purchased several strands from them over the past few years. Last year my husband gave all of his female employees a strand of Tahitian pearls for Christmas! I store in a velvet/felt box purchased from Ross Simons. I keep them in my safe with all of my other jewels! Access for changes according to my moods. For Christmas, I got a 36" rope with 8 mm pearls, golden, white and tahitian, mixed! It's lovely as I can wear it long or double it. Love pearls! Your strand is quite delicious.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mtsapphirelovingannie, @cmd2014, @Queenie60, @baby monster - Here are some more photos from this morning. They’re in PP’s box top and by my bedroom window. Looking at them this way I can see some slight color variations and I’m starting to appreciate the subtle nuances. But, I still think a more pronounced color-variation strand is in my future :mrgreen2:

Oh, as for blemishes, they ARE there and are noticeable if I look for them, but they’re far from hideous or attention-getting. I’d get AA+ quality (from PP) again without much concern.

6DA684FE-56DD-4906-97CD-68EDD6D6F6B2.jpeg 4729C45F-5AE5-4647-87BD-4E66598FE5BC.jpeg B66255E7-CC47-4CED-94F5-1FF832643064.jpeg 9399EE10-FB9F-46BE-B748-FAEA5C2430B2.jpeg 72EB1D00-7171-43D9-B2E1-BDD68E77084A.jpeg

I’m going to be trying them on with my wedding dress in an hour or so. Hopefully I’ll like how they look!

In the meantime, if you know of any great multi-color Tahitian strands in 18” or 36” length, preferably baroque shape, please let me know =)2

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here it is with the dress, shortened a bit; I’m going to remove two pearls and have them make me some earrings with them.

5A5E0945-C080-4398-82E0-3D7E994392B4.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful!!! Y'all are going to make me get on a new quest! lol!

I don't know what style of earrings you are considering, but the necklace pearls will have two holes, and most earrings are only going to have one drilled, like for studs or drops. So keep that in mind as you decide.

Q

Queenie60

And here it is with the dress, shortened a bit; I’m going to remove two pearls and have them make me some earrings with them.

Those are beautiful. You could have a drop hook put on them and hang from baby hoops. This is how I wear my pearl earrings. I have a small diamond hoop and will usually have them hanging from the hoop. Another idea I gathered from PriceScope. Oh my........this forum is dangerous for me. Your pearls look lovely with your wedding dress. I'm so used to seeing white with wedding dresses. :love:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaannnndddd...... I've decided to try one more strand. PP didn't have any multicolors in stock so I ordered one from The Pearl Source (@Queenie60 - I checked the place you got yours from but every strand I liked had been sold already :cry2:)

Here's what I ordered. It's a 10-13mm AAAA strand. I'm a bit nervous since it's not the EXACT strand I'll receive, but the person I spoke with said they make them at least 90% true to picture and that I can return it if I don't like it.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 6.56.46 PM.png

I did ask them to make the color variations more like their 9-11mm strand, if possible. I love that aubergine pearl right near the center :love::
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 5.14.55 PM.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous, Shiny! But you have every right to ask them to take pictures of their closest strands for you to choose from before they finish and send it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, neck shots! What do you ladies think?

I have to say that the color variations aren’t as strong as I’d hoped for, but at the same time I love the silvery blue color.

PP’s photo, for reference
8E692353-AC13-4D80-B77D-E458FE6B9CE3.jpeg

Outdoor in the shade
8D622368-D642-432F-80BA-F5A92CA71A5A.jpeg

23A5DC71-AC07-48CB-97DA-918A8E61238B.jpeg

B1CA1969-9363-47FA-A809-1CD82279BED7.jpeg

Direct sun
BED693A2-848F-4F07-98B6-E25E82A397CC.jpeg

Indoors
6400AF76-FE54-462F-A394-84C122990F48.jpeg

I’d really love your thoughts on if you think it’s a good strand.

Gorgeous! Lustrous and beautiful! I love it on you @ILikeShiny ! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh so pretty. And your dress is lovely too! Very exciting things happening for you @ILikeShiny!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous, Shiny! But you have every right to ask them to take pictures of their closest strands for you to choose from before they finish and send it.

They make them as they’re ordered, so no stock to choose from. I’m hoping that the conversation I had with the owner and my follow up email will be enough information.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shiny, I know a lot of people here have Pearl Paradise take pictures of the strands unfinished. In fact, when I contacted them last week, the sales rep offered to choose some whiter strands and send me pics without me asking. The pearls with blue tape were ones she thought should be omitted, which was so nice! So I'd expect this before ordering any that are not the ones in the website photo.

IMG_8085.JPG IMG_8086.JPG

Q

Queenie60

Aaaannnndddd...... I've decided to try one more strand. PP didn't have any multicolors in stock so I ordered one from The Pearl Source (@Queenie60 - I checked the place you got yours from but every strand I liked had been sold already :cry2:)

Here's what I ordered. It's a 10-13mm AAAA strand. I'm a bit nervous since it's not the EXACT strand I'll receive, but the person I spoke with said they make them at least 90% true to picture and that I can return it if I don't like it.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 6.56.46 PM.png

I did ask them to make the color variations more like their 9-11mm strand, if possible. I love that aubergine pearl right near the center :love::
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 5.14.55 PM.png
ILikeShiny - you need to phone them (Veronica/Jose) and they have so many pearls in stock that aren't on their website. If it's "sold" you give them the item number, they will come up with a few different strands that match what you're looking for and send photos to you. One other thing (a quick tip) I get the 14K magnetic clasp on my pearls which makes it so much easier to put on and take off.

Q

Queenie60

Shiny, I know a lot of people here have Pearl Paradise take pictures of the strands unfinished. In fact, when I contacted them last week, the sales rep offered to choose some whiter strands and send me pics without me asking. The pearls with blue tape were ones she thought should be omitted, which was so nice! So I'd expect this before ordering any that are not the ones in the website photo.

IMG_8085.JPG IMG_8086.JPG
Wow DS - those are beautiful pearls!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILikeShiny - you need to phone them (Veronica/Jose) and they have so many pearls in stock that aren't on their website. If it's "sold" you give them the item number, they will come up with a few different strands that match what you're looking for and send photos to you. One other thing (a quick tip) I get the 14K magnetic clasp on my pearls which makes it so much easier to put on and take off.
You don’t worry about the magnet detaching from each end? That was my concern.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results