shape
carat
color
clarity

Hoping someone outbids me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ever been here? You click that "confirm button" and a couple minutes later you''re kicking yourself thinking... DARN IT. It''s pretty but...

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
You can always withdraw your bid by saying you put in the wrong amount (which is sorta true :razz:)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I thought once you bid, you bid. No turning back.

I once had a seller reverse my bid. It was an honest mistake. I bid on something that needed another part and thought the whole thing was for sale. It was my mistake but the seller understood. It was early in the bidding and they knew I would be outbid. (I didn''t, though)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I'd pay for it if I bought it. I just think I *may* have bid low enough that someone will come along and 'steal' it from me... which in this case I will be happy to have happen.

I've retracted bids before, but only because I've genuinely typed the wrong number... like the time I meant to bid 6 dollars for something and hit the six twice, so I ended up bidding 66 dollars. But that's the only kind of thing I'd retract for. besides if you use that reason, you HAVE to re-bid on the item. Otherwise ebay will flag you.

If I win the setting I win it. I think it's pretty. I just don't have anything to put in it. I did find two stones that would work from two sellers I would buy from, but neither are in a color that interests me IN THE LEAST to own. So... if I do win it. I might have to ask for something custom cut by Dan. A nice rectangular barion from him would look very nice in the setting. Plus if I win it at the price I bid on it for... I could gift it to someone by putting a nice center in it (even if it wasn't a color I'd want for myself).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I felt that way when I bid for my Michael Beaudry band. I was even more freaked out when I won. And even MORE so when I decided it MUST be a fake. It worked out in the end though and now I am so glad I bid.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Ebay won''t flag you and you don''t have to rebid..I have canceled quite a few bids before with out a peep here or a peep there..maybe they do flag you but not if you are a power seller or something..never had an issue before and trust me I have canceled quite a few bids...if you are still worried, they will send you a warning or something first but take no action...money..money..money is what they want

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 1:40:22 AM
Author: Gypsy
Oh I''d pay for it if I bought it. I just think I *may* have bid low enough that someone will come along and ''steal'' it from me... which in this case I will be happy to have happen.

I''ve retracted bids before, but only because I''ve genuinely typed the wrong number... like the time I meant to bid 6 dollars for something and hit the six twice, so I ended up bidding 66 dollars. But that''s the only kind of thing I''d retract for. besides if you use that reason, you HAVE to re-bid on the item. Otherwise ebay will flag you.

If I win the setting I win it. I think it''s pretty. I just don''t have anything to put in it. I did find two stones that would work from two sellers I would buy from, but neither are in a color that interests me IN THE LEAST to own. So... if I do win it. I might have to ask for something custom cut by Dan. A nice rectangular barion from him would look very nice in the setting. Plus if I win it at the price I bid on it for... I could gift it to someone by putting a nice center in it (even if it wasn''t a color I''d want for myself).
ooh, what size stone is it for?
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
6x8 jewelryhoo setting for an EC.
I really like it, but well... I have other things I should be spending money on.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 2:34:01 AM
6x8 jewelryhoo setting for an EC.

I really like it, but well... I have other things I should be spending money on.
that''s the size of the mint tourmaline rectangle barion cut stone i got from dan. been looking for a setting!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then HAVE I GOT A SETTING FOR YOU... ROFLMAO.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 2:40:40 AM
Then HAVE I GOT A SETTING FOR YOU... ROFLMAO.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
or, maybe i have the stone for you, ha ha!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 2:50:29 AM
Author: karee888

Date: 6/24/2009 2:44:58 AM
This is true. I do have a mint stone on my to-buy list. Got a pic? LOL.

Is this it?
30.gif

http://www.customgemstones.com/ARCHIVE/to010.htm
actually!

pics

it was hard to get a good pic, though...it's a bit more green IRL.
Ooooooh it's the color of beach glass. How pretty is that. Would look lovely in that setting. Have to say. They look made for each other to me.
31.gif

Wanna setting?
9.gif
It's calling your name. I've bid low on the puppy so you can outbid me easily. I promise.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 2:52:45 AM
Date: 6/24/2009 2:50:29 AM

Author: karee888

Date: 6/24/2009 2:44:58 AM

This is true. I do have a mint stone on my to-buy list. Got a pic? LOL.

Is this it?
30.gif

http://www.customgemstones.com/ARCHIVE/to010.htm

actually!

pics

it was hard to get a good pic, though...it''s a bit more green IRL.
Ooooooh it''s the color of beach glass. How pretty is that. Would look lovely in that setting. Have to say. They look made for each other to me.
31.gif

Wanna setting?
9.gif
link away!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO. Happy to enable. It''s a really pretty setting. And I have to say that when I saw it the first thing that occurred to me was one of Dan''s Barions.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 3:03:35 AM
LMAO. Happy to enable. It''s a really pretty setting. And I have to say that when I saw it the first thing that occurred to me was one of Dan''s Barions.
we''ll see how the other bids go! i think that stone would look nice in there.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
2.gif

Let me know if you get it though, okay? I''d love to see it set with your stone if you do!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, that''s a pretty setting - too bad I don''t have a stone that size just laying around. And holy crap, what a steal!!! I could go for a setting that price after the bidding nonsense I got into last night!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yep a few times, I''ve retracted my bids a few times also, but I do go back in bid just the one time dollar amount per ebay rule, not put a maximum dollar amount, and so hoping someone out bids me, but if no one bids, and I win, I''ll pay, its usually smaller ticketed items.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results