shape
carat
color
clarity

Hopefully this is the one! (Videos/IS included)

resident

Rough_Rock
So I called in the diamond from my last thread, which means I now have a few days to decide if I want to complete the purchase.

I now have two videos http://video.jogiadiamonds.com.au/images/analysis/GIA2116462899.mov and http://video.jogiadiamonds.com.au/images/analysis/GIA2116462899-2.mov and the following:

GIA2116462899.jpg
GIA2116462899-is.jpg
GIA2116462899-ft.jpg

So what do the great people here think? Apparently it is eye-clean from all angles except from the bottom where an inclusion can be seen on the pavilion (shown in the first video).

Thanks for all the help so far!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good.

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Starfilter used in second video.

Luckycharms

Rough_Rock
Symmetry is not Excellent/Ideal I suppose?

stci

Ideal_Rock
Paul-Antwerp|1299677170|2868082 said:
Starfilter used in second video.

What is starfilter? Is this a filter to give sparkle impression?

stci

Ideal_Rock
After I study the starfilter I'm shocked! I discover that many seller here use this filter to shine the diamonds!

For me it's simply fraud as much as those using mass of lights for their videos!

OMG! I lose confidence when people do that. :angryfire:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic from the second video. I think this proves that the filter was used.

Nobody worry about that?

flash.jpg

resident

Rough_Rock
Sorry to keep posting, but I need to make a decision on this diamond very soon.

Should I be worried about the offset IS image, or is it fine? Any other concerns?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fine to me from the pics/video - scope and stone were not perpendicular during photography, no biggie. I would feel comfortable buying to see it in-person.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto, idealscope image is fine. Don't care about the video.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi stci,

As one who shoots and edits video's there's no problem. Also, there is evidence that this may *not* be a filter on this particular video by Jogia. A star filter will produce an even pointed star depending on the strength of the ray of light from the diamond. There is not an even pointed flare (2,4, 6, 8) pointed star and is most likely natural flare. I have videos that show both and the effects are generally the same with the exception of the even numbers of flare.

It would be deceptive imo though if they were trying to make sparkle appear where it did not exist or exaggerated it to make it appear more than what it had or was.

In spot lighting it'll have that same flare or dispersion.

Kind regards,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results