shape
carat
color
clarity

Hopefully soon now, I''ll have some designs to post...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
1. Pad Sapphire and pear yellow diamond ring
2. Champagne interlap briolette lariat
3. OEC 2.5 ct (warm)interlap in antique setting
4. ''Mars dancing with Earth'' purple/blue in either a pendant or a cuff bracelet.

win

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
You're such a tease!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do not Look!

http://www.nelsonrarities.com/ring2003-8.html

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
*LOL* Hest, don't mean to be...I just got the Pad, the briolettes and the OEC yesterday, the yellow's the day before.

All articles, except for Mars/Earth are still in the planning stages and even that is unclear if it will be a pendant or a cuff bracelet.

I'm getting excited now though, Thom's picking up the violet/blue gold sheet on Friday!

Can't wait to see it!

win

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Ana

I love the stuff from Nelson's rarities. *grin*

win

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/2/2003 2:16:24 PM winyan wrote:

*LOL* Hest, don't mean to be...I just got the Pad, the briolettes and the OEC yesterday, the yellow's the day before.
win----------------

Hi!
Are´these part of your job or personal collection? The idea to pair up yellow diamonds with a PAD sounds quite inspired. Actually so much so that I started inquiring myself about a rather large pad-like color spinel (why doesn't anyone pay attention to these orange-pink things!?) and a pair of small pear-shaped intense yellows... But the scheme is still in the works.
2.gif
Can't wait to see your design!
1.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya Ana...

It's part of my personal collection, as well as my passion.

I've always loved *stones*, since I was a tiny child and picked up little white stones in the dirt. (my family said I picked up more dog poo than anything else).

I started playing with collections and such about 1991 or 1992...stopped for a time when times (and jobs) were hard and scarce, now I've started again.

I've no clue why folks aren't paying more attention to the orange pink tones. Not only spinel (I just got one of those as well) but the lovely salmon tourmaline.

I love all stones but pinky peachy orange just do it for me. I even found a little over a 1/2 carat peach diamond I picked up for a song. It's probably somewhere around a Si II to I1 but I love it!

win

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations for the fine hobby!

I surely hope to see your designs. I am glad that there is at least one more person sharing my beweilderment about the famed Pad color... once you get it in any other stone than sapphire is no longer such a price-drive at all. Not that I am not happy about it! Good luck with your Pad! And have I mentioned how great it would be to see a pic of those stones before they get shrouded in gold? Well, I hope you might consider it one of these days...

PS: I have seen this colour in diamonds but not really for a song... at fancydiamonds.net as you may guess, at the link below Orangy-Pink, but also at a less likely source mineralminers.com. The last store is one of the strangest mixes I've seen, but also one of the best places to buy from... If you never seen them before, take a look at those yellow sapphires page. Would you believe such yellow things mingle with rock crystal wands and jasper eggs?
9.gif

As for picking stones from the dirt, it can get much worse: for example, I am still doing it even if most of my acquisitions have become a tad more sophisticated... I am buying some of those little colored pebbles nowadays (meaning rough gems
2.gif
)

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Whats pad???

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I'm actually not a big Pad fan, though I admire the color.

Innerkitten, pad is short for padparadscha, a kind of sapphire that's the glowing orange-pink of a sunset.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Winyan!

Did you ever post the pictures? If not, I''d love to see how they turned out!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results