shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope this works; new Christopher Designs setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alicej

Rough_Rock
Holy Cow; this may actually work. I''m learning that PS doesn''t like my Macbook. Trying this on our desktop PC and so far so good. Anyway, here is a shot of the new setting for my diamond. If it works, I''ll follow up with more. Thanks for your patience everyone!

IMG_1813-1.jpg

alicej

Rough_Rock
DH and I celebrated our 30th with a trip to the beach for the week (hence photo #1) and a new setting for my diamond. Thanks all for your many ideas as I was a serious lurker for some time before we got the new ring. I love my ring; just wish I had some of your beautiful hands to show it off at its best!!!

IMG_1828-1.jpg

alicej

Rough_Rock
Here''s the ring by itself. Can''t decide if I should get the matching band or not. The two bands in the other photos are sentimental favorites, and I like stacking bands. Just don''t know if I might regret not getting the "set" while it''s still available.

IMG_1832-1.jpg

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your 30th anniversary.. Your set is beautiful.. I love the emerald band you have with it.

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL RINGS!! FWIW, I like it with the coordinating bands like you have as opposed to "matchy matchy". I think the way you are wearing them looks really good and that emerald ring is gorgeous too. Congratulations on 30 years!! Your new ring is a stunner.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First off, congratulations on your 30 year anniversary. What an accomplishment!!!!! I LOVE your new setting. It''s simply GORGEOUS!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE it!
Congratuations on 30 years!!!!
Great view, by the way! I love the beach. DH and I are headed there to celebrate our 2nd anniversary.

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
alice, I''m glad that you finally got your pictures to post! I love your beautiful ring, it looks fabulous on your hand! Congratulations on 30 years!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your whole look - sentimental bands are the BEST! I''m curious where you are on vacation in pic #1. Enjoy your rings!

alicej

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your kind words. New question; when will I stop looking at my new ring and start getting something done??? It''s been almost two weeks now and I''m still looking at it constantly!!! Also, any tips on how to get the sparkle to show up in photos? This thing has so much sparkle IRL it''s almost embarrasing....

Also, a word to the wise; five years ago, when we did the original upgrade, DH surprised me with a vintage ring. I was blown away by the gesture, but realized shortly afterwards that it wasn''t the ring for me. I returned it and found a good deal on another diamond; the RB you see in the photo. Then I went to get the setting, and DH was just kind of tired of the process by then, so he just told me to go ahead and pick out what I wanted. BIG MISTAKE. I chose a more modern look with a bezel setting and he never liked it. I grew less fond of it as well, and while I like that style I quickly realized that it wasn''t really me. But, it was $$$$ so I lived with it. Finally enough time has passed where I don''t feel so bad about ditching the other setting, and DH LOVES this one. In fact, I had decided on something very simple and understated, but when he came along to the jewelry store, his eyes lit up when he saw this setting. I would never have tried it on if he hadn''t been with me; but when it went on my hand, both of us said WOW at the same time, and that pretty much sealed it. So, even if they say, "go ahead and get what you want....", don''t listen; get them involved and they will love it as much as you do.

shortee78

Shiny_Rock
Happy 30th anniversary! Love the upgraded ring :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the pics from Cape Cod? ????? (If so, ) We go every summer!

alicej

Rough_Rock
MTMama, the photo was taken at the Outer Banks in NC. Gorgeous place!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful!!! Happy 30th anniversary
36.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
OOoooooh Alice!
That''s where we are going for our second anniversary~
WE LOVE the Outer Banks! It''s a heck of a drive for us, but we love the feeling of escaping our normal lives.
We get to go next month, and I am counting the days... (okay, I"m counting the days until my reset gets here, then counting the days
until we can get to Duck, NC.)
Anyhow, sorry to thread jack, you just got me excited!

Annie

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your reply! The emerald band sets your new ring off so well. - with the emeralds and the Irish skin I''d really projected you onto Cape Cod - outer banks also wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alicej

Rough_Rock
MTMama, lots of kindred spirits at Cape Cod, I''m sure. I''ve always wanted to go there but the Outer Banks is much closer for us and it is fabulous. You nailed the irish skin; no denying it when looking at those handshots. And you are right; diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, (especially in platinum) are made for the irish complexion!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Love love love the halo. It looks gorgeous!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh alice...... we''re definitely going to need more pictures of your new baby! It''s beautiful! We''ll need her profile too....

Some ladies like their rings to match and some couldn''t imagine wearing matching rings. Personally, I''m a matchy-matchy girl but I like to have options too. You already have "options" in your stackable bands, if you can swing the matching wedding band while it''s available? I''d order it. You know......... just so you have it
2.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on 30th years! What an achievement. Lovely ring.

alicej

Rough_Rock
Now that I have learned how to resize and post using photoshop, I can''t resist doing a few more. Also, stats on the ring are as follows:

Shape: Round
Weight: 1.94
Diameter: 8.00
Crown angle: 31.8
Crown height: 12.3%
Pavil angle: 41.0
Pavil depth: 43.0
Culet: 0.8
Table size: 60.4
Total depth: 59.5

Color I
Clarity I1

My poor little I1 was kind of like Rodney D; didn''t get much respect in the old setting. This one really lets the sparkle come out, which was kind of hidden in the old bezel set.

Setting stats:
Christopher Designs semi mount G52
Total Diamond wt is 1.26
Color grade I
Clarity SI1

I''m going to try to post a few more...thanks for all your good wishes.

IMG_1921.jpg

alicej

Rough_Rock
More pics...

IMG_1899-1.jpg

alicej

Rough_Rock
Last photo shows something in the middle of the center stone; not sure what it is but it doesn''t show up IRL at all...guess my digital camera is not meant for diamond photos!!! May try a few more but I will preview them better next time....

alicej

Rough_Rock
OK, two more and I''m done. Is there any way to attach more than one photo in a post?

IMG_1946.jpg

alicej

Rough_Rock
Almost finished...

IMG_1935.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess this is a bit silly to say, because I don't have a working camera and thus pictures, but ........ the day AFTER I admired your emerald/diamond band my DH surprised me with one for my b-day! Sort of telepathic - I really did have your ring on your mind (AND, I have a lovely Christpher Designs baguette band, so I was intrigued to see your post)!

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on 30 years!!
36.gif
36.gif

I love the new setting - and I think it matches perfectly with your existing bands (loving the emerald!!) ...I think the set has more character with your bands rather than with a completely matching band.

alicej

Rough_Rock
Wow, this is so much fun. MTMama, I''m so thrilled for you! Just more living proof of how great minds
think alike. Emeralds and diamonds are always a winner. My little band is over 20 years old but has
a lot of sentimental value as DH bought it for me on a trip to the Cayman Islands where we brought our
3 kids; one in diapers, and had an incredible time but also had the joy of spending the night with our
5 yr old in a flea infested emergency room!! We often laugh about that trip now for all of its highs
and lows.

I''m still debating about getting the matching band. The jeweler is making it a sweet deal, which makes it tough. I''m thinking about using it as a third stackable band with my other two when I don''t want to wear the bigger diamond; then pairing it with the ring when I want to. It does look nice IRL with my setting but I do LOVE color with diamonds so it seems kind of (dare I say it) boring to just get the matching set.

Such a delightful dilemma!!

I must say I have absolutely loved this ring. It''s amazing how a little bling can give a girl a lift.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning, you must be thrilled!!! Congratulations on 30 years!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary and your beautiful ring!!! Wear it in the best of health!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results