shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
If I was young I would only buy catastrophe hospitalize insurance. Don't force me into buying any other kind of health insurance that I don't want.

Oh yeah? Did you encourage your daughters to choose only catastrophic care insurance when they were young, before the ACA took effect?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah? Did you encourage your daughters to choose only catastrophic care insurance when they were young, before the ACA took effect?
They were covered under my wife's health insurance.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh pshaw. I paid for health insurance for years when I was young and healthy, the young and healthy should pay, that is just fair. ACA is dying because people paying in have been eliminated by Trump. Within 4 years under Trumpcare there will be millions and millions now unable to afford any healthcare. Sickening.

Like I said many times here on PS. .."there are no simple solutions on health care", either we screw the young and the middle class or the poor and elderly. The GOP doesn't need to do anything about health care, b/c ACA is dying by itself. Within the next two years there will be no health care providers left to accept Obamacare.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you are saying that because your wife had a good job your daughters were 'more entititled'? what about those who are not lucky enuf to have a mom who has a job that offers health insurance and btw, how much did your wife pay for your girls???

They were covered under my wife's health insurance.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I was young I would only buy catastrophe hospitalize insurance. Don't force me into buying any other kind of health insurance that I don't want.

Yeah. Let you end up needing a shit ton of medical care for any god knows what reason. We should all pick up your tab, right? Because I'm pretty sure there was never a "catastrophic medical care plan" that was cheap......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So you are saying that because your wife had a good job your daughters were 'more entititled'? what about those who are not lucky enuf to have a mom who has a job that offers health insurance and btw, how much did your wife pay for your girls???
IDK..:confused:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All the liberals are back from vacation?...:lol:. back to our daily Trump bashing program..:mrgreen:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have wishes and hopes and I'm just basically resigned to the mess the republicans alwys make, till democrat/progressive rise again.
Rise again??..LOL..:lol:. We held 4 special elections and the Dems. are 0 for 4 even though they outspent the Reps by a big margin of $$$ ..:wall:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You think the republicans will hold on to power for 8 years? lol.. nah. there is always a ying for the yang. Trump won't be able to do what he said he would and people will get tired and vote him out.. then as states crumble young people will vote out the republicans and then there will be a rise of the republicans again.. sort of how our country works.

Rise again??..LOL..:lol:. We held 4 special elections and the Dems. are 0 for 4 even though they outspent the Reps by a big margin of $$$ ..:wall:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems like Republican politicians don't even seem to understand how insurance works. It pools risk, so that coverage is affordable for all. the more people in the pool, typically the lower the risk and lower the premiums for all. Does it mean that everyone in the insurance pool has exactly the same risk levels? No but it means that health coverage will be affordable for all. The way the Republicans qualify who should and shouldn't be able to afford healthcare as if it is some moral issue (old, unhealthy, unemployed people= bad) versus a pragmatic and solvable situation, ignores the whole premise, that not only it is achievable, it is desirable that all Americans have access to affordable healthcare. They should be FIGHTING for this! Given other countries have managed to figure out how to give all their citizens health coverage, at a lower per cost basis than we do, and in fact make it an financial advantagous to provide continuity of care, neonatal care, and preventative care. Unfortunately US politicians won't listen to doctors, won't listen to hospitals and other experts who know what they are talking about. Instead they place the wants of health insurance lobbyists, over the needs of their own citizens.

I have friends who say they want every single Republican measure to be passed. And implemented now, versus phased in in the future. So that the damaging effects of the policies to both public health and the economy are felt immediately, and there is a backlash. But as that would cause real human suffering I am against that.

Last edited:

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
It seems like Republican politicians don't even seem to understand how insurance works. It pools risk, so that coverage is affordable for all. the more people in the pool, typically the lower the risk and lower the premiums for all. Does it mean that everyone in the insurance pool has exactly the same risk levels? No but it means that health coverage will be affordable for all. The way the Republicans qualify who should and shouldn't be able to afford healthcare as if it is some moral issue (old, unhealthy, unemployed people= bad) versus a pragmatic and solvable situation, ignores the whole premise, that not only it is achievable, it is desirable that all Americans have access to affordable healthcare. They should be FIGHTING for this! Given other countries have managed to figure out how to give all their citizens health coverage, at a lower per cost basis than we do, and in fact make it an financial advantagous to provide continuity of care, neonatal care, and preventative care. Unfortunately US politicians won't listen to doctors, won't listen to hospitals and other experts who know what they are talking about. Instead they place the wants of health insurance lobbyists, over the needs of their own citizens.

I have friends who say they want every single Republican measure to be passed. And implemented now, versus phased in in the future. So that the damaging effects of the policies to both public health and the economy are felt immediately, and there is a backlash. But as that would cause real human suffering I am against that.

I am so frustrated that I now agree with your friends. I think it will take real suffering for people to realize how bad these policies really are (and if I'm wrong and these policies succeed, then hooray). Given how we are so Balkanized that actual facts can no longer penetrate and are deemed "fake news", the only thing people trust is what they experience. So we need to live through the consequences of these policies, damn the suffering. It might just do us good in the long run.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well ask her, I'll bet she knows.
I think she said something like $350 per month?? when our two daughters was under her insurance policy till they turn 26 yrs old.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have just come to the same conclusion. Let the Reps. repeal the ACA. They own it then.

I believe the real issue is the cost of healthcare in this country. Very few could afford healthcare if they didn't have insurance. Even if you make $250,000. One surgery and you could be wiped out of your savings. So, I believe everyone should get health insurance and we ought go to single payer. The faster we get there the better. Its really a practical measure. No one can afford healthcare except the top top earners. So everyone needs it. Single payer makes the most sense.

Annette

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are humiliatingly behind as a country in terms of healthcare. So many other industrialized places have single payer--I cannot fathom why the GOP is so hell-bent on not moving forward or making progress of any kind. But then I remember: they don't care about anyone except those who are rich, privileged, and men. And white.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are humiliatingly behind as a country in terms of healthcare. So many other industrialized places have single payer--I cannot fathom why the GOP is so hell-bent on not moving forward or making progress of any kind. But then I remember: they don't care about anyone except those who are rich, privileged, and men. And white.
IYO, What would be a fair price for me to pay if I were b/t the age of 18-35? and how about 36-50?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, go help your wife make dinner. Massage her feet. Do the laundry. Do something- anything to justify you sitting online all day making fun of liberals while she's out there making a living for you and your family. Damn. You are the antithesis of a republican. I hope you see that......

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, go help your wife make dinner. Massage her feet. Do the laundry. Do something- anything to justify you sitting online all day making fun of liberals while she's out there making a living for you and your family. Damn. You are the antithesis of a republican. I hope you see that......
She is retired sitting in the family room watching MSNBC now..:mrgreen:
Make dinner??..we dine out 5X per week, and as for our two daughters they can support themselves.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Would anybody care to predict whether Trump will do the "tug and shake" move on Putin when they meet at the upcoming G20 summit in Hamburg? I think he'll be too chicken to try it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh TC that is too funny.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one good thing about Putin is that he own some really high end watches...:love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
apropos of nothing I do have to admit I like Melania's fashion style

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
apropos of nothing I do have to admit I like Melania's fashion style
I do too. She is stunning and reserved. She isn't that different than Mrs Obama, except she was a bit more verbose but also stunning and reserved.. Both women and Mrs. Bush were/all wonderful mothers and first lady's.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: Written almost 4 months ago and nothing has changed except Sean is persona non grata.

White House Denies Any Ties to United States
By Andy Borowitz
March 28, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 12.46.45 PM.png

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—In a fiercely defiant statement on Tuesday, the White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, denied that any member of the White House staff has ever worked "in any way, shape, or form" for the benefit of the United States.

Angrily addressing the press corps, Spicer said that any allegations that members of the Trump Administration have ever acted in concert or collusion with the United States are "unequivocally false."

"At no time during the transition or afterward did any member of the Trump team have meetings, conversations, or any other contacts that furthered the interests of the United States of America," Spicer said. "In the thousands of communications that took place, the United States never came up even once."

Drawing a stark contrast with the Administration of former President Barack Obama, Spicer said that many members of Obama’s staff were “clearly and flagrantly working for the United States government at all times.”

“President Trump has put an end to that,” he said.

In closing, Spicer said that the recent effort to pass the Republican health-care bill should silence “once and for all” those trying to link the Trump Administration to the United States government. "If you look at the interaction between the White House and congressional Republicans, there is absolutely no evidence of coördination,” he said.
  • Andy Borowitz is the New York Times best-selling author of “The 50 Funniest American Writers,” and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. He writes theBorowitz Report, a satirical column on the news, for newyorker.com.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would anybody care to predict whether Trump will do the "tug and shake" move on Putin when they meet at the upcoming G20 summit in Hamburg? I think he'll be too chicken to try it.
No. One group of people Trump respects are the ones who are really rich. And both Putin and Tillerson are way richer than Trump, so he'll behave.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results