shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And of course the Dem Senators should ask him questions ... but when they turn a legitimate process into a pathetic portrayal of Romper Room, they - and those who support/cheer them on - lose my respect entirely ... even more so when they defer & deflect the behaviors & actions of those IN the room onto someone who is NOT in the room.

It stopped being a legitimate process when Republicans refused to release all relevant documents and then dumped 45,000 pages on the Democrats in the 11th hour. If the roles were reversed, you and Red would be screaming bloody murder instead of demanding that they vote already.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It stopped being a legitimate process when Republicans refused to release all relevant documents and then dumped 45,000 pages on the Democrats in the 11th hour. If the roles were reversed, you and Red would be screaming bloody murder instead of demanding that they vote already.

Dems didn't have a problem dropping a few thousand pages of Obamacare Law in the middle of the night and expecting an immediate vote on it with no opportunity to digest it.

Apparently precedent (and elections) have consequences.

No, I don't believe 'two wrongs make a right', but I don't manage Congress aside from casting my vote.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't give a hang about the documents for a nominee, neither do the dem senators. There are plenty of people smarter than any PSers that know his record and his rating is out there, plus his approval to the bench on which he currently sits. If the dems or repubs have enough votes to confirm for any nominee then get on with it.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've watched every single second of this Judicial hearing. Kavanaugh has successfully avoided answering ANY question. And if you really really really came to the conclusion that he won't be the vote to reverse Roe vs. Wade and we are all hysterical, you haven't been watching. Roe vs. Wade is VERY much in danger.

I don't understand the bizarre fixation that old white men have about controlling women's bodies. I just don't.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't give a hang about the documents for a nominee, neither do the dem senators. There are plenty of people smarter than any PSers that know his record and his rating is out there, plus his approval to the bench on which he currently sits. If the dems or repubs have enough votes to confirm for any nominee then get on with it.

Not true: Merrick Garland.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see women's bodies being an issue for the federal government to weigh in on period, with an opinion or with funding.

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not true: Merrick Garland.
What about him? The party in control had the call. Some day the dems will be in the same position. That's how it works.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've watched every single second of this Judicial hearing. Kavanaugh has successfully avoided answering ANY question. And if you really really really came to the conclusion that he won't be the vote to reverse Roe vs. Wade and we are all hysterical, you haven't been watching. Roe vs. Wade is VERY much in danger.

I don't understand the bizarre fixation that old white men have about controlling women's bodies. I just don't.

He's answered a LOT of the hypothetical questions they way most nominees have in the past - by deferring answering some questions because of the likelihood a similar case will come before him, and he - like his predecessors - aim to remain impartial. I respect that, as I did for his predecessors. Do you want a biased judge?

I'll say it - I do think more women have hysteria & delusions about "old white men having control of" their bodies than that scenario actually exists or will exist. No, I simply do not buy the fearmongering being served up by the left, and that is exactly what I think it is - period.

Can you cite ONE case where Kavanaugh ruled in favor of his personal views in a manner that was contradictory to the law? And I'm speaking 'factually' contradictory to the law; not what you 'feel' is contradictory to the law.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last 3 days all I have heard is obstruction obstruction obstruction. Slamming dems for not giving Kavanaugh a chance when he is SO well-qualified. SO hypocritical of republicans.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you cite ONE case where Kavanaugh ruled in favor of his personal views in a manner that was contradictory to the law? And I'm speaking 'factually' contradictory to the law; not what you 'feel' is contradictory to the law.

Nope. Because they did NOT RELEASE all of the documents so they could be read before this hearing took place.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His opinions have been public record since written.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. Because they did NOT RELEASE all of the documents so they could be read before this hearing took place.

I'm pretty, pretty, pretty sure his rulings as a judge are a matter of public record.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty, pretty, pretty sure his rulings as a judge are a matter of public record.
Which makes this documents thing more BS. Trump's list of judges has been out there what? Two years?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which makes this documents thing more BS. Trump's list of judges has been out there what? Two years?

Yes, but to be fair, Kavanaugh was not on the original list, IIRC. I suspect he filled the vacancy on 'the list' when Gorsuch was nominated but I don't know for certain ... and I don't really care about 'the list'. It was a gesture that was not required.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're right, he was added in November 2017. Even so the opinions are public record and have been. They have had time, but it's not about that anyway.

Agreed. Anyone who really cared (for the last year) could have been reviewing his opinions and every other potential nominee's opinions vs regurgitating talking points.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2018-09-06 at 4.28.56 PM.png

Just to refresh your memory.....

I hate Mike McConnell; he is truly sleazy. Just a slick politician with no conscience or sense of morality. He is as amoral as trump. And Paul Ryan is cold hearted and two-faced. We have the worst House and Senate majority leaders ever.

I really find Republicans loathsome. I am finding it hard to follow John McCain's advice, much as I held him in high esteem, and to embrace all people as fellow Americans. Not when I see this behavior over and over again. But I will continue to see if any Republicans redeem themselves. For my approval, they will have to fight Trump openly to gain redemption.

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb both Rs and Ds work for their constituents, so your approval is irrelevant. As is mine in your district. ;)2 If the constituents are unhappy they can vote him or her out.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb both Rs and Ds work for their constituents, so your approval is irrelevant. As is mine in your district. ;)2

What made you think I live in a Democratic district? My Congresswoman is currently a Republican. We may change that, however. ;))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What made you think I live in a Democratic district? My Congresswoman is currently a Republican. We may change that, however. ;))
I should not have assumed . ;))

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not so. We know who he is. He is not fit.

How do you know who he is and whether or not he is fit if you don't actually review his record? :confused:

Is it based on looks? He is an "old white guy" afterall ... maybe that is disqualifying enough these days.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb both Rs and Ds work for their constituents, so your approval is irrelevant. As is mine in your district. ;)2 If the constituents are unhappy they can vote him or her out.

Wait a minute. I think we were talking apples and oranges. I was telling the_mother_thing that I had no need to review Judge Kavanaugh's opinions, which is what Senator Lindsey Graham told Judge Kavanaugh. What does that have to do with Republicans and Democrats working for their
constituents? :confused:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you know who he is and whether or not he is fit if you don't actually review his record?

Is it based on looks?

First of all, he looks like a high school kid to me.

Second of all, how did Lindsey Graham know? Because he has been a federal judge for 11 years! He isn't Yertle the Turtle or some country lawyer from Whoville!

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait a minute. I think we were talking apples and oranges. I was telling the_mother_thing that I had no need to review Judge Kavanaugh's opinions, which is what Senator Lindsey Graham told Judge Kavanaugh. What does that have to do with Republicans and Democrats working for their
constituents? :confused:
I responded to your comment about Rs being loathsome et al and what they need to do for your approval. I thought that was pretty clear. :confused:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, I don't believe 'two wrongs make a right',

Still, it didn't stop you from throwing that up as an excuse.

Edited to add: neither of us will change our minds on this so I'm not going to try.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I responded to your comment about Rs being loathsome et al and what they need to do for your approval. I thought that was pretty clear. :confused:

Nope. I need it spelled out for me. I am slow. But thank you for doing so. Spelling it out, that is. :))

Your friend,
Deb
:saint:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still, it didn't stop you from throwing that up as an excuse.

Edited to add: neither of us will change our minds on this so I'm not going to try.
I don't think anyone wants to or is trying to change anyone else's mind here. But we all have opinions. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results